Atlantis, a $1.5 billion resort development, is located at the centre of the crescent of the Palm Jumeirah. Like its sister property in the Bahamas, Dubai’s Atlantis features two hotel towers linked by an arch. In total, the resort boasts 1,539 rooms and suites.
Atlantis opened in November 2008 with a multi-million dollar party headlined by Kylie Minogue and featuring a firework display that could be seen from space.
It is a joint development between Kerzner International and Dubai Government owned company Istithmar.
The resort features 1,373 guestrooms and 166 suites, all with views of the Arabian Gulf or the Palm Jumeirah.
The Suites of the Lost Chambers are worthy of particular note and offer floor to ceiling views into the Ambassador Lagoon.
Restaurants and Bars
Atlantis boasts a multitude of restaurants, bars and lounges. The choice includes include:
- Nobu – Japanese cuisine by the world-renowned Chef Nobu Matsuhisa
- Ossiano – Italian – Santi Santimaria’s first restaurant outside Europe
- Rostang – French cuisine by 2-star Michelin Chef Michel Rostang
- Levantine – Arabic restaurant with live music and entertainment
- Seafire – New York-style steak house
- Barazura – Cocktails, wines and champagnes
- Sanctuary – Dance club and lounge designed by the founder of the Buddha Bar
The resort offers a range of upmarket boutiques such as Cartier, Harry Winston, Levant, Tiffany & Co., Chopard, Lacoste, and Villa Moda.
The resort currently boasts more leisure facilities than any other property in Dubai.
- Aquaventure – 17 hectare water-based theme park with more than 2 kilometres of river rides, the Ziggurat (a 30 metre high Mesopotamian temple with waterslide that takes riders through a shark-filled lagoon), a 700m private beach, and dedicated children’s play area
- Royal Towers Private Beach
- Lost Chambers and Ambassador Lagoon – Home to more than 65,000 marine animals
- Atlantis Spa – 27 treatment rooms set over 2 floors of the Royal Tower, plus fitness centre
- Dolphin Bay – 3 lagoons offering visitors the chance to swim and interact with dolphins
Other leisure facilities include a running track, 3 tennis courts and tennis academy, waters sports centre, and swimming pools.
Kids & Teens
Children and teenagers are well catered for at Atlantis. Facilities include:
- Atlantis Kids’ Club – Offers supervised activities in a dedicated area
- Club Rush – ‘No kid’ and ‘No adult’ club for teenagers. Offers video games, movies, internet access and more
- The Zone – Indoor amusement arcade featuring the latest games and simulators
Atlantis is approximately 35 kilometres from Dubai International Airport. It can be reached via the Palm Monorail or the vehicle tunnel.