International newspapers and magazines can be found in bookshops, supermarkets and hotels.
English-language newspapers include:
- The Khaleej Times – first English newspaper in the UAE – launched 1978
- XPRESS – free weekly newspaper
- Gulf News
- Gulf Today
- Time Out Dubai – Dubai’s best entertainment guide – published weekly – excellent online version
English language local radio stations include:
- Radio 1 (104.1 FM) – chart music
- Radio 2 (99.3 FM) – classic hits
- Dubai 92 (92.0 FM) – rock/chart
- Channel 4 FM (104.8 FM) – UK/US top 40
- Dubai Eye (103.8 FM) – business, news, sport, culture
- Virgin Radio (104.4 FM) – chart music
Television – Cable & Satellite TV
There are a handful of free local TV channels in Dubai but most people plump for one of the packages offered by a satellite provider such as Orbit Showtime. Cable TV services are also offered by E-Vision (part of Etisalat) and du.