Situated at the Gardens, the Ibn Battuta Mall is themed around the travels of Ibn Battuta, a 14th Moroccan explorer.
In addition to over 250 shops it offers a multiplex cinema, tenpin bowling alley, children’s entertainment centre, gym, a good selection of restaurants and food outlets, and a 5-star hotel.
The single level mall is divided into 6 zones, each reflecting the architecture of the regions that Ibn Battuta visited. From north to south they are: China Court, India Court, Persia Court, Egypt Court, Tunisia Court, and Andalusia Court.
Anchor stores are Geant, Debenhams, Sharaf DG, Decathlon, and Marks & Spencer.
A 300,000 square foot extension opened in 2016 adding 60 stores including Superdry, United Furniture, Jashanmal, and Decathlon. The mall will be further extended over the next few years.
List of Shops
Shops at the Ibn Battuta Mall are listed below.
- 050 Telecom – Mobile telephones, phone cases, and accessories.
- Abdul Salam – Oriental carpets.
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank – Bank branch.
- Accessorize – Store selling women’s fashion accessories.
- Aeropostale – Casual apparel.
- Ajmal – Perfumes.
- Al Ansari Exchange – Currency exchange and remittance services.
- Aldo Accessories
- Al Ghurair Exchange – Foreign exchange and remittance services.
- Al Jaber Gallery – Souvenirs, gifts, arts and crafts etc.
- Al Jaber Optical – Eyewear.
- Al Manara Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Al Rostamani International Exchange – Foreign currency exchange and money transfers.
- Al Thawb Al Watani – Tailors.
- Arabian Oud – Perfumes.
- Arrow – Menswear.
- Athlete’s Co. – Sports footwear.
- Axiom Telecom – Mobile phones and accessories.
- Azzaro – Fashion.
- Babyshop – Children’s clothes, bedroom furniture, car seats, strollers etc.
- Balmain – French fashion.
- Bare – Men’s salon.
- Bare – Ladies’ salon.
- Bath & Body Works - Soaps, shower gels, lotions, fragrances, gift sets etc.
- BC Bulgari – Menswear.
- Beverly Hills Polo Club – Fashion.
- Beyond the Beach – Fashionable swimwear.
- BinSina Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Birkenstock – German brand offering sandals and footwear.
- Boots – Health and beauty products.
- Borders – Books, stationery, games, and toys.
- Bossini – Clothing.
- Boux Avenue – Women’s lingerie, underwear, nightwear, and swimwear.
- Call It Spring – Footwear and accessories.
- Canon – Photography gear, video cameras, scanners, and printers.
- Carpisa – Handbags, suitcases, briefcases, and accessories.
- Carter’s – Clothes and accessories for babies and children.
- Champion Cleaners – Dry cleaning and laundry services.
- Charles & Keith – Ladies’ shoes, bags, and accessories.
- Charming Charlie – Jewellery and accessories.
- Circle K – Convenience store.
- Citibank – Bank branch.
- Claire’s – Women’s fashion accessories.
- Columbia – Sports store.
- Cotton On – Australian fashion brand.
- Cotton On Kids – Childrenswear.
- CreaKids – Children’s play area.
- Daiso – Japanese discount store.
- Damas – Jewellery and watches.
- Debenhams – Department store.
- Decathlon – Sports store.
- du – Telecommunications.
- Dubai Islamic Bank – Bank branch.
- Dubai Optical – Opticians.
- Emax – Electronics store.
- Early Learning Centre – Educational toys, games, and gifts.
- Ecco – Shoe shop.
- Emirates Driving Institute – Driving school.
- Emirates NBD – Bank branch.
- Eros – Electronics and home appliances.
- Etisalat – Telecommunications.
- Etxart & Panno – Spanish brand offering clothes and fashion accessories for women.
- F&F – Affordable fashion for all the family.
- Feet First – Massage and reflexology.
- Fitness First – Gym.
- Flower Box – Florists.
- Forever 21 – Fashion.
- Fruits & Passion – Face care products, shower gels, body scrubs, soaps, room sprays, scented candles etc.
- G-Star Raw – Denim fashion.
- G2000 – Office clothing for men and women.
- Gant – Casual clothes for men and women.
- Gap – Fashion.
- Geant – Hypermarket.
- Ginger & Lace – Designer clothing for ladies (multi-brand store).
- Gio Ferrari – Menswear.
- Giordano – Fashion.
- Good Health Nutrition – Food supplements, vitamins etc.
- Grand Stores Digital – Electronics and IT.
- Gulf Greetings – Cards and gifts.
- H&M – Fashion for men, women, and children.
- Hairworks – Women’s hair and beauty salon.
- Hamac - Designer beachwear.
- Harman House – Audio and video products.
- Holland & Barrett – Vitamins, supplements, sports nutrition, weight management products etc.
- Homes r Us – Furniture and home decor.
- Hour Choice – Watches.
- HSBC – Bank branch.
- Hunkemoller – Dutch lingerie brand.
- Hush Puppies – Casual footwear.
- Ibn Battuta Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Image Arts – Photo printing, frames, passport pictures, photo gifts etc.
- Inglot – Cosmetics.
- iStyle – Apple store.
- Jashanmal – Home products.
- J.S. Music – Musical instruments.
- Jumbo Electronics – Electronics, IT, home appliances etc.
- Just Accessories – Bags, jewellery, watches etc.
- Just Optic – Eyewear.
- Kani Home – Arabic womenswear, rugs and carpets, and home decor.
- Koton – Fashion.
- L’Occitane – Skincare, fragrances, haircare, bath and body products etc.
- Lacoste – Fashion.
- La Senza – Lingerie, underwear, nightwear, and swimwear.
- La Vie en Rose – Canadian lingerie, sleepwear, and beachwear.
- Le Chateau – Womenswear.
- LG – Home appliances (washing machines, fridges, freezers etc.), TVs, home entertainment systems, and mobile phones.
- Lifestyle – Home decor, beauty products, and fashion accessories.
- Lipsy – Women’s fashion.
- Lucky Brand – US denim label.
- MAC – Cosmetics.
- Magrabi Optical – Eyewear.
- Marco Barocco – Menswear.
- Marks & Spencer – Department store.
- Mashreq Bank – Bank branch.
- Massimo Sarti – Fashion.
- Max – Value fashion.
- Mediclinic Ibn Battuta – Health clinic.
- Mendoza – Luggage shop.
- Milano – Footwear.
- Mini Raxevsky – Children’s fashion boutique.
- Minutes – Shoe repairs, watch and mobile phone repairs, key cutting, engraving, stitching etc.
- MOA – French women’s fashion accessories.
- Modell’s – Sportswear and sports equipment.
- Mom and Me – Clothes and products for children and babies.
- Monsoon Children – Childrenswear.
- Montblanc – Luxury writing instruments, watches, wallets, belts, travel accessories, and fragrances.
- Morgan de Toi – French womenswear.
- Mosafer – Luggage, bags, wallets, travel accessories etc.
- Moss Bros. – Menswear.
- Mothercare – Maternity clothes, nursery furniture and bedding, pushchairs, car seats, baby feeding products, toys etc.
- Mustang – German denim brand.
- N.Bar – Manicures, pedicures etc.
- Naturalizer – Women’s shoes, bags, and accessories.
- Nayomi – Nightwear, lingerie, and underwear.
- Neck & Neck – Childrenswear.
- New Look – Fashion.
- New Yorker – Casualwear.
- Next – Fashion.
- Nicoli – Crystal-embellished footwear and handbags.
- Nike – Sportswear.
- Nine West – Women’s shoes and accessories.
- Nutrition Zone – Health food, natural remedies etc.
- Oasis – British women’s fashion brand.
- One Stop – Mobile phone accessories.
- OnTime – Designer watches.
- Orsay – German womenswear brand.
- OSN - Orbit Showtime Network.
- Panco – Childrenswear.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Paris Gallery – Perfumes, cosmetics, jewellery and watches, eyewear, and fashion accessories.
- Paris Hilton – Women’s bags and fashion accessories.
- Photo Magic – Photo printing, frames etc.
- Piazza Italia – Fashion for men and women.
- Pierre Cardin – Designer clothes and accessories.
- Primadonna Collection – Women’s shoes and accessories.
- Prince Shoes – Shoes for men and women.
- Pylones – Gifts.
- RAKBANK – Bank branch.
- Redtag – Fashion and home products.
- Reebok – Sportswear.
- River Woods – Casual clothes for men and women.
- Rivoli – Watches.
- Royal Diwan Oud – Arabic fragrances.
- Rubi Shoes – Women’s footwear.
- Sacoche – Women’s bags, leather goods, and fashion accessories.
- Sacoor Brothers – Fashion for men and women.
- Sacoor Kids – Childrenswear.
- Samsonite – Bags, suitcases, and travel products.
- Samsung – TVs, mobile telephones, cameras, IT, and home appliances.
- Sanrio – Hello Kitty merchandise.
- Sasha – Beauty salon.
- Sephora – Cosmetics, skin care, perfume, hair products etc.
- Sharaf DG – Electronics and IT.
- Sharaf Exchange – Money transfers and foreign currency exchange.
- Shoe Mart - Footwear.
- Shoe Studio – Multi-brand shoe store.
- Shoexpress – Value shoe store.
- Skechers – Footwear.
- Smoker's Centre – Cigarettes, tobacco, cigars, and smoking accessories (pipes, cigarette holders etc.).
- Splash – Fashion.
- Springfield – Fashion.
- Steve Madden – Shoes for men and women.
- Sun & Sand Sports – Sportswear and sports equipment.
- Sunglass Hut – Sunglasses.
- Super Care Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Superdry – Fashion.
- Super Trim – Men’s hair salon.
- Swarovski – Crystal jewellery, watches, accessories, figurines, ornaments etc.
- Swatch – Watches.
- Tchibo – Coffee machines.
- Tchibo Prozente – Household items and more.
- Ted Lapidus – Fashion.
- The Body Shop – Ethically-produced cosmetics, fragrances, hair products, body lotions and scrubs, toiletries etc.
- The Children’s Place – Kid’s clothes and accessories.
- The Custom Shop – Tailors offering made-to-measure suits and shirts.
- The Face Shop – Korean store offering cosmetics, skin and body care products, hair products etc.
- The Little Gym – Children’s gym.
- The Nail Spa – Manicures, pedicures, waxing, threading etc.
- Thrifty – Car rentals.
- Thomsun Pure Music – Musical instruments.
- Timberland – Footwear, clothing, and accessories.
- Toga – Women’s shoes and handbags.
- Tommy Hilfiger – Fashion.
- Tom Tailor – Casual fashion for men and women.
- Under Armour – Sports apparel.
- United Furniture – Furniture and home decor.
- Verri – Menswear.
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- Vog – Women’s hair salon.
- Wallis – Womenswear.
- Wrangler – Fashion.
- Yas Perfumes – Arabic perfumes.
Details were last checked on Wednesday 1st of February 2017.
Geant is a large French hypermarket that occupies much of Tunisia Court. In addition to a massive selection of groceries from all around the world it also stocks clothes and footwear for all ages, electronics (TVs, mobile phones, home theatre systems, computers, iPods, iPhones, iPads, etc.), DVDs and CDs, books and magazines in both English and Arabic, furniture, carpets, office equipment and supplies, camping equipment, gardening tools and garden furniture, and sports equipment.
Sharaf DG is a large electronics shop in China Court. It offers a huge range of products including computers, printers, scanners, televisions, home theatre systems, games consoles, car audio systems, and home appliances such as air conditioners, freezers and fridges, gas and electric cookers, washing machines and dryers, vacuum cleaners, and microwave ovens.
Switch Bowling is a tenpin bowling centre in India Court. It offers 12 fully-automated lanes with computerised scoring, a pool hall, private karaoke rooms, and restaurant with an outdoor terrace. Large screens show music videos and sports events.
China Court is home to the Novo Cinemas Ibn Battuta Mall (formerly Grand Cinemas) movie theatre. It offers 21 screens, including the first IMAX cinema in Dubai.
Fun City is an entertainment centre for kids in Tunisia Court. It offers a wide range of arcade game, fairground rides, a party room, children’s hairdressers, plus a play area with a climbing frame, giant slide, ball pool etc.
Restaurants and Food Court
Places to eat and drink at the Ibn Battuta Mall are listed below.
- 800 Pizza – Pizzeria.
- Al Arrab – Arabic restaurant. Outdoor seating available. Shisha.
- Al Safeer (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Arabic.
- Anatolia Turkish Grill – Turkish restaurant. Indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Baker & More – Coffee lounge. Menu includes breakfast, eggs, sandwiches, wraps, salads, cakes, brownies, and beverages.
- Barcelos – Flame-grilled chicken, burgers, wraps, and stir fries.
- Baskin Robbins – Desserts and ice cream.
- BeaverTails – Canadian pastries.
- Caffe Nero – Coffeehouse.
- Caribou Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- Carluccio’s – Italian restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining areas.
- Charleys (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Grilled subs and Philly steaks.
- Chinese Palace (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Chinese.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s – Pizzas, hot dogs, wings, salads etc.
- Cinnabon – Cinnamon rolls.
- City Deli – Cafe.
- Cold Stone Creamery (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Ice cream, desserts, and beverages.
- Costa Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- Curry Culture – Indian restaurant. Indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Dome – Cafe offering breakfast, baked goods, salads, sandwiches, desserts, coffee, and fine teas.
- Extreme Shawarma (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Shawarma.
- Flippin’ Pizza – Restaurant serving NY-style hand-tossed pizzas. Menu also includes pasta dishes.
- Gloria Jean’s Coffees – Coffee, tea, cakes, muffins, sandwiches, wraps, and salads.
- Hatam – Persian restaurant.
- India Palace – Indian restaurant.
- KFC (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Fried chicken.
- Krispy Kreme (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Doughnuts.
- La Brioche – Casual French cafe.
- Le Bistro (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Arabic.
- Lemongrass Express (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Thai/Chinese.
- Leonidas – Belgian chocolates.
- London Dairy – Ice cream, desserts, and shakes.
- London Fish & Chips (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – British fish and chips.
- Maraheb (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Yemeni.
- Mashawi – Lebanese restaurant. Outdoor seating available.
- McDonald’s (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Burgers and fries.
- Mini Chinese (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Chinese.
- Mooyah – American restaurant offering design-your-own burgers, hotdogs, salads, fries, and shakes.
- Nestle Toll House Cafe – Menu includes coffee, tea, smoothies, ice cream, milk shakes, cookies, and cakes.
- Noon & Kabab (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Iranian.
- Paul – French cafe and bakery.
- Piero Pizza & Pasta (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Italian.
- Pizza Express – Pizzeria.
- Red Apron – Mediterranean/Italian restaurant.
- Santino’s (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Italian (pasta, pizzas, roast chicken, lasagne etc.).
- Saraydan Cafe – Turkish.
- Shakespeare & Co. – Cafe offering breakfast, eggs, crepes, salads, burgers, pasta, sandwiches, healthy mains, and desserts.
- Shamiana (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Indian fast food.
- South St. Burger Co. (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Burgers (choose your own toppings) and sides (fries, nachos, salads etc.).
- Soy – Chinese/Thai restaurant.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse. Several outlets.
- Subway (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Subs.
- Sugoi! (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Japanese (tempura, sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki etc.).
- Sushi Counter (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Japanese.
- TGI Fridays – American restaurant. Menu includes burgers, steaks and ribs, Tex-Mex, seafood, chicken dishes, and pasta.
- Tche Tche – Cafe offering pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and Levantine street food. Indoor and outdoor dining areas.
- Tim Hortons – Cafe offering breakfast, sandwiches, wraps, baked goods, tea, and coffee.
- Tony Roma’s – American restaurant. Menu includes steaks, ribs, burgers, seafood, and chicken dishes.
- Tutti Frutti – Yoghurt.
- Umami (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Japanese.
- Urban Seafood – Contemporary seafood restaurant.
- Wendy’s (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, and fries.
- Xenia – Cafe offering Middle Eastern cuisine. Boasts a very pleasant outdoor terrace.
- Yo! Sushi – Japanese.
- Zaatar W Zeit – Lebanese restaurant.
- Zaroob – Levantine cuisine.
- Zest (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Healthy food (salads, sandwiches, soups, juices etc.).
Details were last checked on Wednesday 1st of February 2017.
The Ibn Battuta Mall offers a reasonable selection of restaurants and fast food outlets. Most of the sit-down restaurants are situated in China Court, close to the cinema and bowling alley. Choices include Soy (pan-Asian), Tony Roma’s (American steakhouse – ribs, steaks, seafood, grilled chicken etc.), Mashawi (Lebanese), and Hatam (Persian).
Fast food outlets are located at the other end of the mall in Tunisia Court, near the Geant hypermarket. Options include Noon & Kabab (Persian), KFC, Charleys, McDonald’s, and Lemongrass Express (Thai).
Facilities and services at the mall include information desks, toilets, baby changing areas, prayer rooms for men and women, numerous ATMs, plus branches of the HSBC, Dubai Islamic Bank, and Emirates NBD. The mall also boasts a large Fitness First gym.
All around the mall are various exhibits that allow visitors to learn about Ibn Battuta, Arabic history and more. The main feature in China Court is a huge Chinese junk similar to one that the explorer would have travelled in. Displays here also tell the story of Zheng He, a 15th century Chinese mariner.
India Court is home to a full-size reproduction of the Elephant Clock. This water-powered clock was devised in the 12th century by an engineer from Mesopotamia call al-Jazari. It was featured in his famous Book of Knowledge of Ingenious Mechanical Devices along with other inventions such as a robotic band and an automated drinks waitress.
The Ibn Battuta Mall is open 7 days a week. Store opening times are Sunday to Wednesday 10 am until 10 pm, and Thursday to Saturday 10 am to midnight.
The mall is located at The Gardens, between Interchanges 5 and 6 of Sheikh Zayed Road. The car parks have spaces for more than 5,000 vehicles. Valet parking is available.
Taxi drivers should have no problems finding the Ibn Battuta Mall. Pick-up points can be found all around the mall.
The Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel is a 5-star hotel located next to the mall. It offers 396 rooms and suites, 29 of which are themed around the travels of Ibn Battuta, plus a good selection of licensed restaurants and bars. Facilities include a fitness centre, rooftop swimming pool, and meeting and conference rooms.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Ibn Battuta Mall
Sheikh Zayed Road, The Gardens
United Arab Emirates
Nearest Metro Station(s): Ibn Battuta