Souk Al Bahar is a modern Arabian souk on the Old Town Island at Emaar’s massive Downtown Dubai development. It offers a small number of stores selling mainly handicrafts, carpets, antiques, and souvenirs.
List of Shops
Shops at Souk Al Bahar are listed below.
- Abbey Beauty Lounge – Beauty salon.
- Al Jaber Silver – Jewellery and gifts.
- Al Rifai – Nuts and confectionery.
- Al Shareif Gallery – Carpets, textiles, home decor etc.
- Arthur Murray Dance Centre – Dance classes.
- Bait Al Kandora – Arabic clothes, sandals, and accessories for men.
- Bateel – Gourmet dates, chocolates, truffles etc.
- Booza – Ice cream.
- Camel Company – Gifts and souvenirs (mugs, t-shirts, postcards, stationery etc.).
- Emad Carpet Trading – Hand and loom-woven carpets from Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, India and elsewhere.
- Gallery One – Original art, fine art photography, gifts, and stationery.
- Heritage for Henna – Henna designs.
- House of Amber – Amber jewellery.
- Intermix Gems – Jewellery store.
- Kids Zone – Play and activity centre.
- La Fragola – Italian ice cream.
- Make Up Store – Swedish cosmetics brand.
- Marina Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Mehreen Carpets – Persian carpets.
- Melange – Vibrant ethnic clothing for women.
- Modern Antiques – Souvenirs.
- Mozaiic Art Gallery – Original and limited edition prints.
- Munch ‘n Crunch – Confectionery.
- National Iranian Carpets – Handcrafted carpets.
- Necktie Corner – Men’s ties, bow ties, cufflinks, belts etc.
- Ramonda – Women’s clothing, lingerie, and fashion accessories.
- Regional Trading – Pakistani shawls.
- Selsal – Ceramics.
- Spinneys – Supermarket.
- Spirit of Art – Jewellery, gifts, and souvenirs.
- Tarrab – Furniture and home decor.
- The Custom Shop – Men’s tailors.
- Yas Beauty Spa – Hair and beauty salon.
- Yasmine – Arabic womenswear.
- Yves Rocher – French perfumes and cosmetics.
Details were last checked on Thursday 20th of October 2016.
The Camel Company offers a massive range of stuffed toy camels plus lots of other gifts such as camel t-shirts, camel drink stirrers, keychains, notepads, fridge magnets, calendars, and more.
Bateel is one of the best places in the city to buy gourmet dates and over 20 different varieties are available. The shop also sells quality chocolates, chocolate dates, date biscuits and cookies, Turkish delights, dried figs and apricots, nuts, nougat, jams and honey, mustard, and olive oil.
Restaurants and Bars
Restaurants and bars at Souk Al Bahar are listed below.
- Abd El Wahab – Lebanese restaurant. Licensed. Indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoor dining area has great views of Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountain.
- Baker & Spice – Organic cafe. Outdoor seating area offers a good view of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- Bice Mare – Italian seafood restaurant. Licensed. Outdoor seating area boasts excellent view of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- Burger Rebel – Trendy burger bar. Menu includes burgers, sliders, and hot dogs.
- Cafe Habana – Offers a Cuban/Mexican/Latin American menu. Licensed to serve alcohol. Bar menu includes daiquiris, mojitos, and Mexican beers. Live entertainment.
- Caribou Coffee – Coffee, sandwiches, wraps, salads, muffins, and cakes. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Claw – Menu includes buckets of crab and shellfish, burgers, fajitas, and barbeque beef/chicken. Licensed bar, ladies’ nights, and live sports.
- Eugenie – Macaroons, pastries, ice cream, and beverages.
- Fuego – Contemporary Mexican restaurant. Licensed bar.
- Kanpai - Japanese restaurant and lounge. Licensed bar, drinks offers, DJs, karaoke and ladies’ nights.
- Karma Kafe – Stylish restaurant and lounge bar from the creators of Buddha-Bar. Offers a pan-Asian menu. Licensed bar. Indoor and outdoor seating options. Terrace offers good views of the Dubai Fountain.
- La Postreria – Mediterranean cuisine. Indoor and outdoor dining. No alcohol. Shisha.
- Loca – Mexican restaurant and bar. Licensed to serve alcohol. Music, ladies’ nights, Friday brunches, entertainment, and live sports.
- Muze – Restaurant and bar offering live music. Licensed to serve alcohol.
- Patiala – North Indian cuisine. Menu by celebrity chef Kunal Kapur (MasterChef India). Licensed bar.
- Sammach – Seafood restaurant. No alcohol. Indoor and outdoor dining. Terrace tables have view of the Dubai Fountain.
- Serafina – Italian restaurant. Licensed to serve alcohol. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Outdoor terrace overlooks the Dubai Fountain.
- Shake Shack – Menu offers burgers, hot dogs, fries, shakes etc. No alcohol. Indoor and outdoor seating. Views of the Dubai Fountain.
- Shakespeare and Co. – Cafe offering breakfast (American, English, Lebanese), crepes, soup, salads, sandwiches, burgers, pasta, pizza, and more.
- Siraj – Emirati restaurant. Fantastic Arabic interior.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- The Meat Co. – Steakhouse. Licensed. Outdoor seating area offers view of the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Fountain.
- Tolosa Bodega – French and Spanish tapas. Licensed to serve alcohol.
- Zahr El-Laymoun – Lebanese restaurant. Outdoor terrace has side views of the Dubai Fountain.
Details were last checked on Thursday 20th of October 2016.
The Souk al Bahar offers a great selection of restaurants and cafes. Unlike the restaurants at the nearby Dubai Mall, many of them are licensed to serve alcohol. Options include Abd El Wahab (Lebanese), Bice Mare (Italian – licensed), Karma Kafe (International – licensed), and The Meat Co. (Steakhouse – licensed).
Many of the restaurants also boast outdoor dining areas with great views of the Dubai Fountain.
The walkways around Souk Al Bahar also offer good views of the Dubai Fountain and are far less crowded than those around the Dubai Mall.
Facilities include a customer service desk, toilets, baby changing areas, and ATMs.
Souk al Bahar is situated on the Old Town Island at Downtown Dubai. It is just a short walk from the Dubai Mall (across the Burj Khalifa Lake via the Souk al Bahar Bridge).
Shoppers travelling by car arriving by car should leave Sheikh Zayed Road at Interchange 1 and take Financial Centre Road (previously Doha Street), following the signs for the Palace Hotel. The car park is right next to the hotel entrance. Visitors can also park at the Dubai Mall.
It’s also possible to walk to Souk al Bahar from the Metro station in about 10 minutes.
Bus service 27 leaves from the Gold Souk Bus Station in Deira and goes to Downtown Dubai.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Souk Al Bahar
United Arab Emirates
Nearest Metro Station(s): Burj Khalifa Dubai Mall