Business Bay aims to place Dubai on the international business map and compete with New York’s Manhattan and the Ginza District of Tokyo.
The 64 million square feet freehold development is being built along an extension of the Dubai Creek, running from Ras Al Khor to the Sheikh Zayed Road, and will comprise more than 200 residential, commercial and mixed-use towers. The population of this ‘city within a city’ is expected to be around 200,000.
Construction started in 2007 with the first phase of the development due for completion by 2015. Plots in this phase have already sold out.
The master developer for the project is Dubai Properties, a member of Dubai Holding.
Projects within the development include:
- Executive Towers – Comprises 10 residential towers, 1 commercial tower (Aspect Tower) and the Business Bay Hotel.
- Bay Avenue – This public space will feature a retail area, cafes and restaurants, and children’s play areas.
- Burj Al Alam – This 108-storey tower will feature the world’s highest hotel (occupying the top 30 floors), and a 4-floor shopping mall.
- Vision Tower – This 52-storey glass tower is situated at the entrance to Business Bay. It features a bent glass façade that will be illuminated at night. Completion is expected in 2009.
- The Prism – This stunning 36-floor commercial tower is being developed by Credo Investments and features a 10,000 square feet lobby, gym, swimming pool, and parking for over 1,000 cars.
- Signature Towers (Dancing Towers) – 3 interlinked, twisted towers designed by renowned architect Zaha Hadid. Arguably the world’s most innovative skyscraper design to date.
- The Opus – The Opus is another design by Zaha Hadid and resembles a cube with a hole in the middle. It’s actually 3 towers connected with cladding, giving the appearance of a single structure.
- The Pad – This residential apartment tower will tilt at a 7 degree angle. Developers Omniyat claim it will be the world’s most technologically advanced building.
Map of Business Bay
Map showing location of Business Bay.
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Downtown
Business Bay Metro Station
Metro station on the Red Line [more]
Click on the symbols on the map to obtain more info OR click on the names below to locate on the map.
The map can be zoomed using the slider and dragged with the mouse.