Carrefour is a large French retail group with both hypermarkets and supermarkets in Dubai. The stores in Dubai and the UAE are franchises owned and operated by the Majid Al Futtaim Retail. Surveys consistently rank them as one of the cheapest supermarkets in the city.
The company operates 6 hypermarkets in Dubai, mostly situated at large shopping malls. Locations are Al Shindagha in Bur Dubai (near Al Ghubaiba Metro Station, Green Line), the Mall of the Emirates in Al Barsha, Deira City Centre in Deira, City Centre Mirdif in Mirdif, the Century Mall in Al Mamzar, and the Medina Mall in Muhaisnah.
In addition to a large range of food and grocery products, Carrefour hypermarkets also sell clothes and shoes for all the family, toys and games, garden equipment and furniture, tents and camping equipment, luggage, furniture, rugs and carpets, plus a good selection of electronics including televisions, audio equipment, DVDs, computers and laptops, cameras and video cameras, game consoles, and mobile phones.
New stores are planned at BurJuman and at a new mall in the International Media Production Zone.
The company’s smaller supermarkets carry the name Carrefour Market (formerly Carrefour Express). They offer a good range of groceries such as fish, meat, fruit and vegetables, and fresh bread, but do not stock a large range of non-grocery items.
Carrefour Market store locations in Dubai include:
- Al Barsha – Tecom – open 24 hours – close to Time Oak Hotel and Time Crystal Hotel Apartments
- Al Hudaiba – Mankhool Road – open 24 hours
- Al Quoz – Oasis Centre – open 8 am to midnight
- Downtown Dubai – Burj Views – open 24 hours
- Dubai Investments Park – open 7.30 am to 11 pm – adjacent to Ewan Residences and near the Green Community West
- Dubai Marina - Marina Crown – open 24 hours – close to the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort
- Dubai Marina – Silverene Tower – open 8 am to 1 am – near the Dubai Marina Mall, The Address Dubai Marina, and Nuran Marina Serviced Residences
- International City – France – open 8 am to midnight
- Motor City – Kojak Building, Dubai Motor City – open 7 am to midnight – situated just south of the Dubai Autodrome, between the Green Community Motor City and Uptown Motor City
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers – Red Diamond – open 24 hours
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers – Palladium – open 24 hours – close to the Almas Tower and Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers – Armada – open 24 hours
- Satwa – Al Ghazal shopping mall – open 8 am to midnight – near the Jumeirah Rotana
- Umm Hurair – Wafi Mall – open 8 am to midnight
The latest promotions, offers, catalogues, and brochures are published online on the official Carrefour UAE website. Online shopping (non-grocery products) is also available here.