Boats leave the dock here for Sabkha Abra Station on the other side of the Dubai Creek. The fare is just one dirham. Boats operate 24 hours a day.
The Old Souk (or Textile Souk) is a traditional covered souk in Bur Dubai. It is one of the best places in Dubai to buy textile, fabrics, and souvenirs.
Walk south from the station and you’ll come to Al Fahidi Street, a busy high street lined with electronics, jewellery and textile shops. Head east along Al Fahidi Street and you’ll come to the Dubai Museum and the Bastakia Quarter.
- Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding - Offers numerous tours and activities.
- Dubai Museum - Offers a fascinating insight into the city’s heritage and culture.
- Bastakia Quarter - One of the city’s most picturesque heritage sites.
- Old Souk - Traditional bazaar selling textiles, clothes, footwear and more.
- Al Khaleej Centre - Small mall with computer and electronics shops.
- Al Ain Centre - Specialises in computers and IT products.
- Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai - Caters to the business traveller on a budget.
- Arabian Courtyard - Good base for exploring the old area of the city.
- Al Fahidi Metro Station - Metro station on the Green Line.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Dubai Old Souk Abra Station
Old Souk, Bur Dubai
United Arab Emirates