264 is the country code for Namibia.
Windhoek is the capital city of Namibia.
How to Call Namibia from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Namibia from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Namibia - 264.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Codes in Namibia
Area codes for a selection of the biggest cities in Namibia are listed below:
- Windhoek – 061
- Walvis Bay – 064
- Swakopmund – 064
A 0 prefix is used with the area code when calling a landline number from a different area within Namibia or from a Namibian mobile.
Do not dial the 0 prefix or area code when telephoning from a landline in the same area.
Do not use the 0 prefix with the area code when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Windhoek XXXXXXX :
- From a landline in Windhoek dial XXXXXXX.
- From a landline in Namibia outside Windhoek, dial 061 XXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Namibia, dial 061 XXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Namibia (264), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-264-61-XXXXXXX or +264-61-XXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Namibia
Mobile phone numbers in Namibia begin with 060, 081, or 085 e.g. 081XXXXXXX.
To call a mobile phone number in Iran from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Namibia country code (264), and then the subscriber number without the leading 0 e.g. 00-264-81XXXXXXX or +264-81XXXXXXX.
To call a Namibian mobile phone number from Namibia dial the full number with a 0 prefix e.g. 081XXXXXXX.
When telephoning Namibia from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), please note the time difference between the UAE and Namibia.
The time now in Namibia is . The date is .
The current time in the United Arab Emirates is . The date is .
The time difference between Namibia and UAE is 2 hours.
The currency of Namibia is the Namibian dollar (NAD).
Exchange rates between the Namibian dollar and the UAE dirham (NAD to AED, AED to NAD) are:
- 1 Namibian dollar (NAD) = 0.228 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 4.378 NAD
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Namibia in recent years is:
- 2018 - 2,448,255
- 2017 - 2,402,603
- 2016 - 2,358,041
- 2015 - 2,314,904
- 2014 - 2,273,430
- 2013 - 2,233,510
- 2012 - 2,194,784
- 2011 - 2,156,701
- 2010 - 2,118,874
- 2009 - 2,081,044
- 2008 - 2,043,394
- 2007 - 2,006,514
- 2006 - 1,971,317
- 2005 - 1,938,320
- 2004 - 1,907,745
- 2003 - 1,879,117
- 2002 - 1,851,523
- 2001 - 1,823,672
- 2000 - 1,794,571
- 1999 - 1,763,859
- 1998 - 1,731,639
Namibia can be seen on the map below.