675 is the country code for Papua New Guinea.
Port Moresby is the capital city of Papua New Guinea.
How to Call Papua New Guinea from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Papua New Guinea from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Papua New Guinea - 675.
- Dial the subscriber number.
Landlines – City/Area Codes in Papua New Guinea
Landline numbers in New Guinea are 7 digits long (area code + subscriber number).
Area codes for a selection of cities in Papua New Guinea are listed below:
- Lae – 4
- Mount Hagen – 5
- Port Moresby – 3
For example, to call a number in Port Moresby 3XXXXXX:
- From a landline in Port Moresby dial 3XXXXXX.
- From a landline in Papua New Guinea outside Port Moresby, dial 3XXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Papua New Guinea, dial 3XXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Papua New Guinea (675), the area code, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-675-3XXXXXX or +675-3XXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Papua New Guinea
Mobile phone numbers in Papua New Guinea are 8 digits long and begin with 7.
To call a mobile phone number in Papua New Guinea from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Papua New Guinea country code (675), and then the subscriber number e.g. 00-675-7XXXXXXX or +675-7XXXXXXX.
When telephoning Papua New Guinea from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), please note the time difference between Papua New Guinea and the UAE.
The time now in Papua New Guinea is . The date is .
The current time in the United Arab Emirates is . The date is .
The time difference between Papua New Guinea and UAE is 6 hours.
The currency of Papua New Guinea is the Papua New Guinean kina (PGK).
Exchange rates between the Papua New Guinean kina and the UAE dirham (PGK to AED, AED to PGK) are:
- 1 Papua New Guinean kina (PGK) = 1.043 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 0.958 PGK
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Papua New Guinea is an island country in the Pacific Ocean. It is the eastern half of New Guinea, the second largest island in the world, plus some nearby smaller islands The western half of New Guinea is part of Indonesia.
Port Moresby is the capital and largest city.
Papua New Guinea has more languages than any other country; over 800. Most have few speakers. English is the official language of the government, judiciary, and education system.
The majority of its citizens identify as Christian.
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Papua New Guinea in recent years is:
- 2018 - 8,606,316
- 2017 - 8,438,029
- 2016 - 8,271,760
- 2015 - 8,107,775
- 2014 - 7,946,731
- 2013 - 7,788,379
- 2012 - 7,631,002
- 2011 - 7,472,200
- 2010 - 7,310,507
- 2009 - 7,144,776
- 2008 - 6,976,201
- 2007 - 6,808,514
- 2006 - 6,646,895
- 2005 - 6,494,903
- 2004 - 6,354,245
- 2003 - 6,223,377
- 2002 - 6,098,621
- 2001 - 5,974,629
- 2000 - 5,847,586
- 1999 - 5,716,161
- 1998 - 5,581,762
Papua New Guinea Map
A map of Papua New Guinea is shown below.