852 is the country code for Hong Kong.
Hong Kong is the capital city of Hong Kong.
How to Call Hong Kong from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Hong Kong from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Hong Kong - 852.
- Dial the subscriber number.
Landlines – Area Telephone Codes in Hong Kong
Hong Kong does not use area codes.
Landlines are usually 8 digits long and begin with 2 or 3.
For example, to call a number in Hong Kong 2XXXXXXX:
- From a landline in Hong Kong dial 2XXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Hong Kong dial 2XXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Hong Kong (852), then the subscriber number e.g. 00-852-2XXXXXXX or +852-2XXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Hong Kong
Mobile telephone numbers in Hong Kong begin with 5, 6, 7, or 9. They have 8 digits.
To call a mobile phone number in Hong Kong from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Hong Kong country code (852), and then the subscriber number e.g. 00-852-XXXXXXXX or +852-XXXXXXXX.
When calling Hong Kong from the United Arab Emirates, please note there is a time difference between Hong Kong and the UAE.
The current time in the UAE is . The date is .
The time in Hong Kong is now . The date is .
The time difference between UAE and Hong Kong is 4 hours.
The official currency of Hong Kong is the Hong Kong dollar (HKD).
Current exchange rates between the UAE dirham and the Hong Kong dollar (HKD to AED, AED to HKD) are:
- 1 Hong Kong dollar (HKD) = 0.47 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 2.14 HKD
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Hong Kong in recent years is:
- 2018 - 7,451,000
- 2017 - 7,391,700
- 2016 - 7,336,600
- 2015 - 7,291,300
- 2014 - 7,229,500
- 2013 - 7,178,900
- 2012 - 7,150,100
- 2011 - 7,071,600
- 2010 - 7,024,200
- 2009 - 6,972,800
- 2008 - 6,957,800
- 2007 - 6,916,300
- 2006 - 6,857,100
- 2005 - 6,813,200
- 2004 - 6,783,500
- 2003 - 6,730,800
- 2002 - 6,744,100
- 2001 - 6,714,300
- 2000 - 6,665,000
- 1999 - 6,606,500
- 1998 - 6,543,700
Map of Hong Kong
The location of Hong Kong can be seen on the map below.