93 is the country code for Afghanistan.
Kabul is the capital city of Afghanistan.
How to Call Afghanistan from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Afghanistan from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Afghanistan - 93.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Telephone Codes in Afghanistan
Area telephone codes for a selection of the largest cities in Afghanistan are listed below:
- Kabul – 020
- Kandahar – 030
- Herat – 040
- Mazar-i-Sharif – 050
- Kunduz – 051
- Jalalabad – 060
A 0 prefix is used with the area code when calling a landline number from a different area within Afghanistan or from an Afghan mobile.
Do not dial the 0 prefix or area code when telephoning from a landline in the same area of Afghanistan.
Do not use the 0 prefix with the area code when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Kabul XXXXXXX:
- From a landline in Kabul dial XXXXXXX.
- From a landline in Afghanistan outside Kabul, dial 020-XXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Afghanistan, dial 020-XXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Afghanistan (93), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-93-20-XXXXXXX or +93-20-XXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Afghanistan
Mobile phone numbers in Afghanistan begin with 07.
Do not include any 0 prefix listed with the number when calling from outside Afghanistan.
To call a mobile phone number in Afghanistan from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Afghanistan country code (93), and then the subscriber number without the 0 e.g. 00-93-7XXXXXXXX or +93-7XXXXXXXX.
To call a Afghan mobile phone number from Afghanistan, dial the full number with a 0 prefix e.g. 07XXXXXXXX.
When making a telephone call to Afghanistan from the United Arab Emirates, please be aware of the time difference between the UAE and Afghanistan.
The time now in Afghanistan is . The date is .
The time right now in the United Arab Emirates is . The date is .
The time difference between Afghanistan and UAE is 0.5 hours.
The currency used in Afghanistan is the Afghan afghani (AFN).
Current exchange rates between the Afghan afghani and the UAE dirham (AFN to AED, AED to AFN) are:
- 1 Afghan afghani (AFN) = 0.038 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 26.177 AFN
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Afghanistan in recent years is:
- 2018 - 37,172,386
- 2017 - 36,296,400
- 2016 - 35,383,128
- 2015 - 34,413,603
- 2014 - 33,370,794
- 2013 - 32,269,589
- 2012 - 31,161,376
- 2011 - 30,117,413
- 2010 - 29,185,507
- 2009 - 28,394,813
- 2008 - 27,722,276
- 2007 - 27,100,536
- 2006 - 26,433,049
- 2005 - 25,654,277
- 2004 - 24,726,684
- 2003 - 23,680,871
- 2002 - 22,600,770
- 2001 - 21,606,988
- 2000 - 20,779,953
- 1999 - 20,170,844
- 1998 - 19,737,765
Afghanistan can be seen on the map below.