962 is the country code for Jordan.
Amman is the capital city of Jordan.
How to Call Jordan from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Jordan from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Jordan - 962.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Codes in Jordan
Area codes for a selection of the biggest cities in Jordan are listed below:
- Amman (Amman Governorate) – 6
- Zarqa (Zarqa Governorate) – 5
- Irbid (Irbid Governorate) – 2
- Russeifa (Zarqa Governorate) – 5
A 0 prefix is used with the area code when calling a landline number from a different area within Jordan or from a Jordanian mobile.
Do not dial the 0 prefix or area code when telephoning from a landline in the same area.
Do not use the 0 prefix with the area code when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Amman XXXXXXX :
- From a landline in Amman dial XXXXXXX.
- From a landline in Jordan outside Amman, dial 06-XXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Jordan, dial 06-XXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Jordan (962), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-962-6-XXXXXXX or +962-6-XXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Jordan
Mobile phone numbers in Jordan are 9 digits in length. They begin with 7.
Do not include any 0 prefix listed with the number when calling from outside Jordan.
To call a mobile phone number in Jordan from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Jordan country code (962), and then the subscriber number e.g. 00-962-7XXXXXXXX or +962-7XXXXXXXX.
To call a Jordanian mobile phone number from Jordan, dial the full 9 digit number with a 0 prefix e.g. 07XXXXXXXX.
When calling Jordan from the United Arab Emirates, please note there is a time difference between Jordan and the UAE.
The current time in the UAE is . The date is .
The time in Jordan is now . The date is .
The time difference between UAE and Jordan is 1 hour.
The official currency of Jordan is the Jordanian dinar (JOD).
Current exchange rates between the UAE dirham and the Jordanian dinar (JOD to AED, AED to JOD) are:
- 1 Jordanian dinar (JOD) = 5.18 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 0.19 JOD
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Useful information about Jordan
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): JO
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): JOR
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Amman
- Area: 89,342 square km
- Language(s): Arabic
- Borders: Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Jordan in recent years is:
- 2018 - 9,956,011
- 2017 - 9,779,173
- 2016 - 9,551,467
- 2015 - 9,266,575
- 2014 - 8,920,049
- 2013 - 8,520,420
- 2012 - 8,090,872
- 2011 - 7,663,131
- 2010 - 7,261,539
- 2009 - 6,893,260
- 2008 - 6,556,478
- 2007 - 6,255,280
- 2006 - 5,991,540
- 2005 - 5,765,635
- 2004 - 5,580,244
- 2003 - 5,434,030
- 2002 - 5,317,506
- 2001 - 5,217,336
- 2000 - 5,122,493
- 1999 - 5,031,762
- 1998 - 4,943,975
Map of Jordan
The location of Jordan can be seen on the map below.