967 is the country code for Yemen.
Sanaa is the capital city of Yemen.
How to Call Yemen from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Yemen from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Yemen - 967.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Codes in Yemen
Area codes for a selection of the biggest cities in Yemen are listed below:
- Sanaa – 01
- Taiz – 04
- Al Hudaydah – 03
- Aden – 02
- Ibb – 04
- Dhamar – 06
- Mukalla – 05
A 0 prefix with the area code is used when calling a landline number from a different area within Yemen or from a Yemeni mobile.
Do not dial the 0 prefix or area code when telephoning from a landline in the same area.
Do not use the 0 prefix with the area code when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Sanaa XXXXXX :
- From a landline in Sanaa dial XXXXXX.
- From a landline in Yemen outside Sanaa, dial 01-XXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Yemen, dial 01-XXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Yemen (967), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-967-1-XXXXXX or +967-1-XXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Yemen
Mobile phone numbers in Yemen are 9 digits in length. The first two numbers indicate the carrier (e.g. 70, 71, 73, 77).
To call a mobile phone number in Yemen from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Yemen country code (967), and then the subscriber number e.g. 00-967-XXXXXXXXX or +967-XXXXXXXXX.
When telephoning Yemen from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), please note the time difference between Yemen and the UAE.
The time now in Yemen is . The date is .
The current time in the United Arab Emirates is . The date is .
The time difference between Yemen and UAE is 1 hour.
The currency of Yemen is the Yemeni rial (YER).
Exchange rates between the Yemeni rial and the UAE dirham (YER to AED, AED to YER) are:
- 1 Yemeni rial (YER) = 0.015 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 68.132 YER
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Yemen is a country on the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia. It is bordered by Saudi Arabia to the north and Oman to the east. The Gulf of Aden lies to the south and the Red Sea to the west.
The official language is Arabic. Most people are Muslims.
The country is poor and underdeveloped. Many Yemenis work overseas in countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and the UAE.
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Yemen in recent years is:
- 2018 - 28,498,687
- 2017 - 27,834,821
- 2016 - 27,168,210
- 2015 - 26,497,889
- 2014 - 25,823,485
- 2013 - 25,147,109
- 2012 - 24,473,178
- 2011 - 23,807,588
- 2010 - 23,154,855
- 2009 - 22,516,460
- 2008 - 21,892,146
- 2007 - 21,282,515
- 2006 - 20,687,646
- 2005 - 20,107,409
- 2004 - 19,540,098
- 2003 - 18,985,000
- 2002 - 18,443,691
- 2001 - 17,918,373
- 2000 - 17,409,072
- 1999 - 16,921,149
- 1998 - 16,450,310
A map of Yemen is shown below.