Most major car hire companies have a presence in Dubai. Offices are located at the Dubai International Airport and some of the major hotels.
A credit card and driving licence are required. They’ll also need to take a copy of your passport.
|Budget||Airport, Emirates Towers|
|Europcar||Airport, Burj Al Arab, Crowne Plaza, Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, JW Marriott, Madinat Jumeirah Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah Mina A’ Salam|
Driving in Dubai
When driving in Dubai please remember:
- Drink driving is a serious offence and will result in a prison sentence.
- Vehicles drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- Be very careful when driving. Per capita, Dubai has the highest number of road fatalities in the world.
- Use of mobile telephones is illegal when driving.
- A minimum speed limit of 60 km/h applies on major roads.
- Commencing July 2007 road tolls will be payable on Sheikh Zayed Road and the Garhoud Bridge.
- Use of seatbelts is compulsory.