212 is the country code for Morocco.
Rabat is the capital city of Morocco.
How to Call Morocco from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Morocco from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates), this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Morocco - 212.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Telephone Codes in Morocco
Moroccan landline numbers are 9 digits long (excluding the leading 0). The first digits indicate the area.
For example, in the Moroccan number 0 5399 XXXXX, the 5399 prefix is an area code that indicates the subscriber is located in Tangier.
All digits are dialled when making a domestic call to a landline in Morocco, even when calling from within the same area.
Do not dial the 0 prefix of the number when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Tangier 0 5399 XXXXX:
- From a landline in Tangier dial 0 5399 XXXXX:.
- From a landline in Morocco outside Tangier, dial 0 5399 XXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Morocco, dial 0 5399 XXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Morocco (212), then the full number with area code but without the leading 0 e.g. 00-212-5399- XXXXX or +212-5399- XXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Morocco
Mobile phone numbers in Morocco begin with 06 or 07.
To call a mobile phone number in Morocco from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Morocco country code (212), and then the subscriber number without the leading 0 e.g. 00-212-XXXXXXXXX or +212-XXXXXXXXX.
When calling Morocco from the United Arab Emirates, please note there is a time difference between Morocco and the UAE.
The current time in Morocco is . The date is .
The time in the United Arab Emirates is . The date is .
The time difference between Morocco and UAE is 3 hours.
The currency used in Morocco is the Moroccan dirham (MAD).
Current exchange rates between the Moroccan dirham and the UAE dirham (MAD to AED, AED to MAD) are:
- 1 Moroccan dirham (MAD) = 0.36 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 2.8 MAD
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Morocco in recent years is:
- 2018 - 36,029,138
- 2017 - 35,581,294
- 2016 - 35,126,296
- 2015 - 34,663,603
- 2014 - 34,192,347
- 2013 - 33,715,693
- 2012 - 33,241,898
- 2011 - 32,781,850
- 2010 - 32,343,389
- 2009 - 31,929,087
- 2008 - 31,536,811
- 2007 - 31,163,673
- 2006 - 30,804,683
- 2005 - 30,455,561
- 2004 - 30,115,214
- 2003 - 29,782,884
- 2002 - 29,454,768
- 2001 - 29,126,330
- 2000 - 28,793,679
- 1999 - 28,455,509
- 1998 - 28,110,443
The location of Morocco can be seen on the map below.