353 is the country code for Ireland.
Dublin is the capital city of Ireland.
How to Call Ireland from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Ireland from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Ireland - 353.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Telephone Codes in the Republic of Ireland
Area telephone codes for a selection of the largest towns and cities in the Republic of Ireland are listed below:
- Cork – 021
- Drogheda – 041
- Dublin – 01
- Galway – 091
- Kilkenny – 056
- Limerick – 061
- Navan – 046
- Waterford – 051
A 0 prefix is used with the area code when calling a landline number from a different area within Ireland or from an Irish mobile.
Do not dial the 0 prefix or area code when telephoning from a landline in the same area of Ireland.
Do not use the 0 prefix with the area code when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Dublin XXXXXXX :
- From a landline in Dublin dial XXXXXXX.
- From a landline in the Republic Ireland outside Dublin, dial 01-XXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Ireland, dial 01-XXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Ireland (353), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-353-1-XXXXXXX or +353-1-XXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in the Republic of Ireland
Mobile phone numbers in the Republic of Ireland begin with 08 and have 10 digits.
Do not include any 0 prefix listed with the number when calling from outside Ireland.
To call a mobile phone number in Ireland from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Ireland country code (353), and then the subscriber number without the 0 e.g. 00-353-08XXXXXXXX or +353-08XXXXXXXX.
To call an Irish mobile phone number from Ireland, dial the full number with a 0 prefix e.g. 08XXXXXXXX.
When making a telephone call to Ireland from the United Arab Emirates, please be aware of the time difference between the UAE and Ireland.
The time now in Ireland is . The date is .
The time right now in the United Arab Emirates is . The date is .
The time difference between Ireland and UAE is 4 hours.
The currency used in Ireland is the European euro (EUR).
Current exchange rates between the European euro and the UAE dirham (EUR to AED, AED to EUR) are:
- 1 European euro (EUR) = 4.16 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 0.24 EUR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Ireland in recent years is:
- 2018 - 4,867,309
- 2017 - 4,807,388
- 2016 - 4,755,335
- 2015 - 4,701,957
- 2014 - 4,657,740
- 2013 - 4,623,816
- 2012 - 4,599,533
- 2011 - 4,580,084
- 2010 - 4,560,155
- 2009 - 4,535,375
- 2008 - 4,489,544
- 2007 - 4,398,942
- 2006 - 4,273,591
- 2005 - 4,159,914
- 2004 - 4,070,262
- 2003 - 3,996,521
- 2002 - 3,931,947
- 2001 - 3,866,243
- 2000 - 3,805,174
- 1999 - 3,754,786
- 1998 - 3,712,696
Ireland can be seen on the map below.