48 is the country code for Poland.
Warsaw is the capital city of Poland.
How to Call Poland from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Poland from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Poland - 48.
- Dial the subscriber number.
Landlines – City/Area Codes in Poland
Landline numbers in Poland are 9 digits long. The first 2 digits indicate the geographic area of the landline.
Area codes for a selection of the biggest cities in Poland are listed below:
- Bialystok – 85
- Bydgoszcz – 52
- Gdansk – 58
- Katowice – 32
- Krakow – 12
- Lodz – 42
- Lublin – 81
- Poznan – 61
- Szczecin – 91
- Warsaw – 22
- Wroclaw – 71
All digits are dialled when making a domestic call to a landline in Poland, even when calling from within the same area.
For example, to call a number in Warsaw 22XXXXXXX:
- From a landline in Warsaw dial 22XXXXXXX.
- From a landline in Poland outside Warsaw, dial 22XXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Poland, dial 22XXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Poland (48), then the subscriber number e.g. 00-48-22XXXXXXX or +48-22XXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Poland
Mobile phone numbers in Poland are 9 digits long.
To call a mobile phone number in Poland from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Poland country code (48), and then the subscriber number e.g. 00-48-XXXXXXXXX or +48-XXXXXXXXX.
When calling Poland from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), please note there is a time difference between Poland and the UAE.
The current time in Poland is . The date is .
The time in the United Arab Emirates is . The date is .
The time difference between Poland and UAE is 3 hours.
The currency used in Poland is the Polish zloty (PLN).
Current exchange rates between the Polish zloty and the UAE dirham (PLN to AED, AED to PLN) are:
- 1 Polish zloty (PLN) = 0.906 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 1.103 PLN
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Poland in recent years is:
- 2018 - 37,974,750
- 2017 - 37,974,826
- 2016 - 37,970,087
- 2015 - 37,986,412
- 2014 - 38,011,735
- 2013 - 38,040,196
- 2012 - 38,063,164
- 2011 - 38,063,255
- 2010 - 38,042,794
- 2009 - 38,151,603
- 2008 - 38,125,759
- 2007 - 38,120,560
- 2006 - 38,141,267
- 2005 - 38,165,445
- 2004 - 38,182,222
- 2003 - 38,204,570
- 2002 - 38,230,364
- 2001 - 38,248,076
- 2000 - 38,258,629
- 1999 - 38,660,271
- 1998 - 38,663,481
The location of Poland can be seen on the map below.