64 is the country code for New Zealand.
Wellington is the capital city of New Zealand.
How to Call New Zealand from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in New Zealand from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for New Zealand - 64.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Telephone Codes in New Zealand
Area telephone codes for a selection of the largest cities in New Zealand are listed below:
- Auckland – 09
- Christchurch – 03
- Wellington – 04
A 0 prefix is used with the area code when calling a landline number from a different area within New Zealand or from a New Zealand mobile.
Do not dial the 0 prefix or area code when telephoning from a landline in the same area of New Zealand.
Do not use the 0 prefix with the area code when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Wellington XXXXXXX:
- From a landline in Wellington dial XXXXXXX.
- From a landline in New Zealand outside Wellington, dial 04-XXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in New Zealand, dial 04-XXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for New Zealand (64), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-64-4-XXXXXXX or +64-4-XXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in New Zealand
Mobile phone numbers in New Zealand begin with 02.
To call a mobile phone number in New Zealand from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the New Zealand country code (64), and then the subscriber number without the leading 0 e.g. 00-64-2XXXXXXXX or +64-2XXXXXXXX.
When calling New Zealand from the United Arab Emirates, please note there is a time difference between New Zealand and the UAE.
The current time in the UAE is . The date is .
The time in New Zealand is now . The date is .
The time difference between UAE and New Zealand is 9 hours.
The official currency of New Zealand is the New Zealand dollar (NZD).
Current exchange rates between the UAE dirham and the New Zealand dollar (NZD to AED, AED to NZD) are:
- 1 New Zealand dollar (NZD) = 2.56 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 0.39 NZD
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
According to data from the World Bank, the population of New Zealand in recent years is:
- 2018 - 4,841,000
- 2017 - 4,793,900
- 2016 - 4,693,200
- 2015 - 4,595,700
- 2014 - 4,509,700
- 2013 - 4,442,100
- 2012 - 4,408,100
- 2011 - 4,384,000
- 2010 - 4,350,700
- 2009 - 4,302,600
- 2008 - 4,259,800
- 2007 - 4,223,800
- 2006 - 4,184,600
- 2005 - 4,133,900
- 2004 - 4,087,500
- 2003 - 4,027,200
- 2002 - 3,948,500
- 2001 - 3,880,500
- 2000 - 3,857,700
- 1999 - 3,835,100
- 1998 - 3,815,000
Map of New Zealand
The location of New Zealand can be seen on the map below.