86 is the country code for China.
Beijing is the capital city of China.
How to Call China from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in China from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for China - 86.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Codes in China
Landline numbers in China consist of an area code followed by an 8 digit number.
Area codes for the biggest cities are 2 digits long. Smaller cities and large towns have area codes 3 digits in length.
Area codes for a selection of cities in China are listed below:
- Beijing – 10
- Changsha – 731
- Chengdu – 28
- Chongqing – 23
- Dalian – 411
- Dongguan – 769
- Foshan -757
- Guangzhou – 20
- Hangzhou – 571
- Harbin – 451
- Jinan – 531
- Nanjing -25
- Qingdao – 532
- Shanghai – 21
- Shenyang – 24
- Shenzhen – 755
- Tianjin – 22
- Wuhan – 27
- Xi’an – 29
- Zhengzhou – 371
A 0 prefix before the area code is used when calling a landline number from a different area within China or from an Chinese mobile telephone.
Do not dial the 0 prefix or area code when telephoning from a landline in the same area.
Do not add a 0 prefix to the area code when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Beijing XXXXXXXX:
- From a landline in Beijing dial XXXXXXXX.
- From a landline in China outside Beijing, dial 0-10-XXXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in China, dial 0-10-XXXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for China (86), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-86-10-XXXXXXXX or +86-10-XXXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in China
Mobile phone numbers in China are 11 digits long.
They begin with 1.
To call a mobile phone number in China from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the China country code (86), and then the subscriber number e.g. 00-86-1XXXXXXXXXX or +86-1XXXXXXXXXX.
When making a telephone call to China from the United Arab Emirates, please be aware of the time difference between the UAE and China.
The time now in China is . The date is .
The time right now in the United Arab Emirates is . The date is .
The time difference between China and UAE is 4 hours.
The currency used in China is the Chinese yuan (CNY).
Current exchange rates between the Chinese yuan and the UAE dirham (CNY to AED, AED to CNY) are:
- 1 Chinese yuan (CNY) = 0.56 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 1.78 CNY
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Useful information about China
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): CN
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): CHN
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Beijing
- Area: 9,640,011 square km
- Language(s): Chinese
- Borders: Afghanistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, Hong Kong, India, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macao, Mongolia, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Vietnam
According to data from the World Bank, the population of China in recent years is:
- 2018 - 1,392,730,000
- 2017 - 1,386,395,000
- 2016 - 1,378,665,000
- 2015 - 1,371,220,000
- 2014 - 1,364,270,000
- 2013 - 1,357,380,000
- 2012 - 1,350,695,000
- 2011 - 1,344,130,000
- 2010 - 1,337,705,000
- 2009 - 1,331,260,000
- 2008 - 1,324,655,000
- 2007 - 1,317,885,000
- 2006 - 1,311,020,000
- 2005 - 1,303,720,000
- 2004 - 1,296,075,000
- 2003 - 1,288,400,000
- 2002 - 1,280,400,000
- 2001 - 1,271,850,000
- 2000 - 1,262,645,000
- 1999 - 1,252,735,000
- 1998 - 1,241,935,000
China can be seen on the map below.