90 is the country code for Turkey.
Ankara is the capital city of Turkey.
How to Call Turkey from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Turkey from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Turkey - 90.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Codes in Turkey
Area codes for a selection of the biggest cities in Turkey are listed below:
- Adana – 322
- Adapazari (Sakarya Province) – 264
- Ankara – 312
- Antalya -242
- Bursa – 224
- Denizli – 258
- Diyarbakir – 412
- Erzurum – 442
- Eskisehir – 222
- Gaziantep – 342
- Istanbul (Asian side) – 216
- Istanbul (European side) – 212
- Izmir – 232
- Kahramanmaras – 344
- Kayseri – 352
- Konya – 332
- Malatya – 422
- Samsun – 362
- Sanliurfa – 414
- Van – 432
A 0 prefix is dialled before the area code when calling a landline number from a different area within Turkey or from Turkish mobile.
Do not dial the 0 prefix or area code when telephoning from a landline in the same area.
Do not use the 0 prefix with the area code when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Ankara XXXXXXX :
- From a landline in Ankara dial XXXXXXX.
- From a landline in Turkey outside Ankara, dial 0312-XXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Turkey, dial 0312-XXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Turkey (90), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-90-312-XXXXXXX or +90-312-XXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Turkey
Mobile phone numbers in Turkey are 10 digits in length. They begin with 5.
Do not include any 0 prefix listed with the number when calling from outside Turkey.
To call a mobile phone number in Turkey from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Turkey country code (90), and then the subscriber number e.g. 00-90-5XXXXXXXXX or +90-5XXXXXXXXX.
To call a Turkish mobile phone number from Turkey, dial the full 10 digit number with the 0 prefix e.g. 05XXXXXXXXX.
When calling Turkey from the United Arab Emirates, please note there is a time difference between Turkey and the UAE.
The current time in the UAE is . The date is .
The time in Turkey is now . The date is .
The time difference between UAE and Turkey is 1 hour.
The official currency of Turkey is the Turkish lira (TRY).
Current exchange rates between the UAE dirham and Turkish lira (TRY to AED, AED to TRY) are:
- 1 Turkish lira (TRY) = 0.41 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 2.42 TRY
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Turkey in recent years is:
- 2018 - 82,319,724
- 2017 - 81,101,892
- 2016 - 79,821,724
- 2015 - 78,529,409
- 2014 - 77,231,907
- 2013 - 75,928,564
- 2012 - 74,653,016
- 2011 - 73,443,863
- 2010 - 72,326,988
- 2009 - 71,321,399
- 2008 - 70,418,604
- 2007 - 69,581,848
- 2006 - 68,756,810
- 2005 - 67,903,469
- 2004 - 67,010,930
- 2003 - 66,089,402
- 2002 - 65,145,367
- 2001 - 64,192,243
- 2000 - 63,240,194
- 1999 - 62,287,397
- 1998 - 61,329,676
Map of Turkey
The location of Turkey can be seen on the map below.