The Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) is a major trade hub and events venue. Exhibitions, shows, concerts, and other events here draw well over 3 million visitors each year.
Around 25 events are classified as ‘mega events’, each attracting more than 30,000 people. These include the Arabian Travel Market, The Hotel Show, Arab Health, Gulfood, Dubai International Motor Show, and GITEX Technology Week.
Events 2020 and 2021
Events and exhibitions at the Dubai World Trade Centre in 2020 and 2021 are listed below:
|1 July - 3 October 2020||Dubai Sports World|
|6 - 10 October 2020||GITEX Shopper|
|8 - 10 October 2020||World Art Dubai|
|11 - 13 October 2020||Careers UAE|
|19 - 21 October 2020||Automechanika Dubai|
|26 - 28 October 2020||CABSAT Middle East|
|26 - 28 October 2020||Airport Show & Global Airport Leaders Forum|
|26 - 28 October 2020||Gulf Information Security Expo & Conference (GISEC)|
|27 - 29 October 2020||Seafex & The Speciality Food Festival|
|27 - 28 October 2020||Future Blockchain Summit|
|1 - 3 November 2020||Annual Radiology Meeting|
|3 - 5 November 2020||Gulf Host|
|3 - 5 November 2020||Gulfood Manufacturing|
|3 - 5 November 2020||Yummex Middle East|
|3 - 5 November 2020||Private Label and Licensing Middle East|
|10 - 12 November 2020||AccessAbilities Expo|
|12 - 14 November 2020||Emirates International Urological Conference|
|15 - 17 November 2020||Cityscape|
|16 - 17 November 2020||Seamless E-Commerce|
|16 - 17 November 2020||Seamless Middle East Payments - Banking - Fintech|
|16 - 17 November 2020||Seamless Retail Middle East|
|16 - 17 November 2020||Seamless Middle East Cards - Identity|
|16 - 18 November 2020||International Organization of Securities Commissions - IOSCO Annual Conference|
|16 - 18 November 2020||HR Summit|
|23 - 25 November 2020||Beauty World Middle East and Wellness & Spa Exhibition|
|24 - 28 November 2020||Dubai International Boat Show|
|6 - 9 December 2020||GITEX Future Stars|
|6 - 10 December 2020||Gitex Technology Week|
|15 - 17 December 2020||China Homelife 2020|
|15 - 17 December 2020||Gulf Traffic Exhibition|
|15 - 17 December 2020||Middle East Natural and Organic Products Expo (MENOPE)|
|14 - 16 January 2021||Dubai Muscle Show & Dubai Active|
|2 - 4 March 2021||Paperworld Middle East, Playworld Middle East and Gifts & Lifestyle Middle East|
|2 - 3 March 2021||The Global Franchise Market|
The events calendar was last updated on August 9, 2020.
Events and exhibitions at the Dubai World Trade centre in 2019 and 2020 are listed below:
Exhibition Halls and Spaces
The Dubai World Trade Centre offers a variety of exhibition and event spaces. They include:
- Sheikh Rashid Hall – 7,700 square metre column-free space.
- Sheikh Maktoum Hall – 3,800 square metre space. Can be combined with Sheikh Rashid Hall into a single level exhibition space measuring 11,500 square metres.
- Al Multaqua Ballroom – Ballroom measuring 1,100 square metres.
- Sheikh Saeed Hall 1 – 6,700 square metre space.
- Sheikh Saeed Hall 2 – 4,800 square metre space.
- Sheikh Saeed Hall 3 – 3,600 square metre space.
- Trade Centre Arena – 9,100 square metre space. Can be combined with Sheikh Sayed Halls to give a space measuring over 24,000 square metres.
- Za’abeel Halls – 3 halls with a combined area of 15,300 square metres.
Hotels at the Dubai World Trade Centre site are the Novotel, Ibis World Trade Centre, and Ibis One Central.
There are numerous other accommodation options within easy walking distance.
Restaurants, Cafes, and Shops
The Dubai World Trade Centre boasts a number of onsite restaurants, cafes, and shops. They include:
- Adnan Jewellery – Jewellery and watches.
- Airlink International – Freight and logistics.
- All the Perks Espresso Cafe – Cafe offering breakfast, sandwiches, pasta, pastries, coffee, tea, juices etc.
- Al Naboodah Logistics – Freight and logistics.
- Al Rostamani International Exchange – Money transfers and foreign currency exchange.
- Andes Restaurant – International cuisine.
- Azzurro Pizzeria – Pizza, pasta, and salads.
- Blooms Flowers – Florist.
- BurgerFuel – Gourmet burgers.
- Cafe Arena – Cafe.
- Caffe Nero – Coffee shop.
- Cafe Cream – Coffee shop at Novotel World Trade Centre.
- Camel Company – Gifts and souvenirs (mugs, t-shirts, postcards, stationery etc.).
- Caribou Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- Chez Michel – Breakfast, soups, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, international dishes etc.
- Circle Cafe – Breakfast, salads, burgers, sandwiches, international dishes etc.
- Cubo – Italian restaurant at Ibis World Trade Centre.
- Desco – Digital printing and copying services.
- Dollar Rent A Car – Car rentals.
- Emirates NBD – Bank branch.
- Emirates Post – Postal and government services.
- Entre-Nous – International restaurant at Novotel World Trade Centre. Serves alcohol.
- Etisalat – Telecommunications.
- Event Plus – Exhibitor and stand services.
- FedEx – Delivery, courier and shipping services.
- Hatam – Persian restaurant.
- I Love Juice – Juice and smoothies.
- Japengo – Japanese, Asian, international dishes.
- Last Minute Services – Exhibition services (stand design, furniture rentals, IT rentals, signage, displays etc.).
- Life Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Minutes – Repairs (shoes, watches, mobile phones), key cutting, and engraving.
- Munch ‘n Crunch – Arabic sweets and delicacies.
- Pappa Roti – Coated buns and beverages.
- Parlour – French restaurant.
- Piadera – Italian flatbread, pasta, salads.
- Pizza Express – Pizza restaurant.
- Salad Station – Salad cafe.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse.
- Sushi Counter – Japanese.
- Trader’s House – Salads, sandwiches, soup, international dishes.
- ZOOM – Convenience store.
Listings were last updated on .
The Dubai World Trade Centre is located on Sheikh Zayed Road in the Trade Centre area of the city.
Buses going to Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Bus Service 21 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Quoz – stops include Al Fahidi Metro Station, BurJuman Metro Station, World Trade Centre Metro Station, and Emirates Towers Metro Station.
- Bus Service 29 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Dubai Mall – stops include Al Fahidi Metro Station, BurJuman Metro Station, and Dubai World Trade Centre.
- Bus Service 27 – Gold Souq Bus Station to Dubai Mall – stops include Union Metro Station, Deira City Centre Metro Station, Dubai World Trade Centre, and Dubai International Financial Centre.
DWTC boasts numerous taxi pickup and drop-off points.
Downtown Dubai is 2 miles south of Dubai World Trade Centre (just 3 stops on the Red Line). It is home to attractions such as the Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Opera, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Dubai Fountain, Souk Al Bahar, Dubai Ice Rink, and Reel Cinemas Dubai Mall.
The Dubai World Trade Centre was officially opened in 1979 by Queen Elizabeth II. It was the brainchild of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed al Maktoum, the ruler that initiated the transformation of Dubai to a major world city.
At the time of opening the Sheikh Rashid Tower here was the tallest building in Dubai. Few people believed the project would be successful. It was way out of the city centre; standing alone on a sandy patch of land next to the road to Abu Dhabi.
The doubters were proved wrong and the project acted as a catalyst for growth. Today, the 39-storey building is dwarfed by the neighbouring skyscrapers on Sheikh Zayed Road and the city has expanded to the Abu Dhabi border.
In 2015 the Dubai World Trade Centre was declared a free zone.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Dubai Garden Glow (0.5 miles) - Seasonal light-based attraction at Zabeel Park.
- Zabeel Park (0.6 miles) - Public park in the Zabeel area of Dubai. Home to a number of attractions including the Dubai Frame and Dubai Garden Glow.
- Dubai Frame (0.9 miles) - Viewing tower offering spectacular views of old and new Dubai. Cheap entry.
Places to shop near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Emirates Towers Boulevard (0.8 miles) - Luxury shopping mall at Emirates Towers
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Feast (0.2 miles)
- Tresind (0.5 miles)
- Ravi (0.7 miles) - Legendary local restaurant. Founded by a Pakistani labourer in the 1970s. Known for its authentic Pakistani food. Located near the Satwa Roundabout (junction of 2nd December Street and Al Satwa Road).
- Chamas (0.7 miles) - Brazilian churrascaria at the Crowne Plaza Dubai. Offers all-you-can-eat meat feasts served at your table. Salad and dessert bars. Live music. Friday brunch.
- Al Nafoorah (0.8 miles)
- Al Mallah (0.9 miles) - Lebanese restaurant founded in the 1980s. One of the best places in the city for shawarma. Outdoor dining area.
- Zuma (1 miles) - Sleek, contemporary Japanese restaurant at DIFC. Spread over three levels. Booking recommended.
- BOCA (1 miles) - Dishes from France, Italy, and Spain. Licensed. Indoor and outdoor seating. Extensive wine cellar.
Hotels near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai (0.2 miles)
- The H Dubai (0.2 miles)
- Rove Trade Centre (0.2 miles)
- Fairmont Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Conrad Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Novotel World Trade Centre Dubai (0.4 miles)
- voco Dubai an IHG hotel (0.5 miles)
- Crowne Plaza Dubai (0.7 miles)
- Chelsea Plaza Hotel (0.8 miles)
- Millennium Plaza Hotel (0.9 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- World Trade Centre Metro Station (0.3 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
- Al Jafiliya Metro Station (0.5 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
- Emirates Towers Metro Station (0.9 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Al Satwa Bus Station (0.9 miles) - Bus station in the Satwa area of Dubai.
Map showing location of Dubai World Trade Centre.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Dubai World Trade Centre
Sheikh Zayed Road
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Maksym Poriechkin/Shutterstock