The Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) is a major trade hub and events venue. Exhibitions, shows, concerts, and other events here draw well over 3 million visitors each year.
Around 25 events are classified as ‘mega events’, each attracting more than 30,000 people. These include the Arabian Travel Market, The Hotel Show, Arab Health, Gulfood, Dubai International Motor Show, and GITEX Technology Week.
Events 2021 and 2022
Events and exhibitions at the Dubai World Trade Centre in 2021 and 2022 are listed below:
|1 April 2021||The Laughter Factory|
|5 - 7 April 2021||Dubai International Pharmaceuticals and Technologies Conference and Exhibit...|
|5 April - 29 Sep 2021||Dubai Sports World|
|7 - 10 April 2021||World Art Dubai|
|8 - 10 April 2021||Custom Show Emirates 2021|
|15 - 19 May 2021||Arabian Travel Market Exhibition|
|17 - 19 May 2021||Dubai Entertainment, Amusement And Leisure Expo (DEAL)|
|24 - 26 May 2021||Airport Show & Global Airport Leaders Forum|
|24 - 26 May 2021||CABSAT Middle East|
|30 May - 2 June 2021||Index Exhibition|
|30 May - 2 June 2021||The Hotel Show|
|30 May - 2 June 2021||The Leisure Show|
|30 May - 2 June 2021||Workspace at Index|
|31 May - 2 June 2021||Gulf Information Security Expo & Conference (GISEC)|
|7 - 12 June 2021||20th International Conference on Emergency Medicine - ICEM 2021|
|14 - 16 June 2021||Middle East Energy|
|15 - 16 June 2021||Aircraft Interiors Middle East (AIME) & Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO)|
|21 - 24 June 2021||Arab Health Exhibition & Congress|
|21 - 24 June 2021||Medlab Exhibition & Conference|
|29 June - 1 July 2021||UAE International Dental Conference and Arab Dental Exhibition - AEEDC Dubai|
|6 - 8 July 2021||Dubai World Dermatology and Laser Conference and Exhibition - Dubai Derma|
|11 - 15 Sep 2021||The Big 5|
|19 - 21 Sep 2021||World Vape Show|
|19 - 25 Sep 2021||GITEX Shopper 2021|
|22 - 28 Sep 2021||Society of Petroleum Engineers, Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition (A...|
|26 - 29 Sep 2021||Middle East Coatings Show|
|28 - 30 Sep 2021||Middle East Cleaning Technology Week|
|28 - 30 Sep 2021||Light Middle East Exhibition|
|29 - 30 Sep 2021||Seamless E-Commerce|
|29 - 30 Sep 2021||Seamless Middle East Cards - Identity|
|29 - 30 Sep 2021||Seamless Middle East Payments - Banking - Fintech|
|29 - 30 Sep 2021||Seamless|
|3 - 7 October 2021||The 85th General Meeting of the International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC|
|5 - 7 October 2021||Beauty World Middle East and Wellness & Spa Exhibition|
|9 - 12 October 2021||Annual Radiology Meeting|
|17 - 21 October 2021||Gitex Technology Week|
|25 - 28 October 2021||Dubai World Congress for Self Driving Transport 2021|
|25 - 29 October 2021||The 72nd International Astronautical Congress - IAC 2021|
|26 - 28 October 2021||Sleep Expo|
|26 - 28 October 2021||Middle East Foam & Polyurethane Expo|
|28 - 30 October 2021||Dubai Muscle Show & Dubai Active|
|28 October - 1 November 2021||IAOM MEA Region Conference and Exhibition 2021|
|6 - 9 November 2021||Gulfood Manufacturing|
|6 - 9 November 2021||Yummex Middle East|
|7 - 9 November 2021||Private Label and Licensing Middle East|
|9 - 11 November 2021||Cityscape Exhibition & Conference|
|10 - 14 November 2021||41st Congress of the Société Internationale d'Urologie –SIU - 2021|
|13 - 16 November 2021||Global Educational Supplies & Solutions|
|14 - 16 November 2021||The Global Franchise Market|
|14 - 17 November 2021||ArabLab +|
|15 - 18 November 2021||Arabplast|
|15 - 18 November 2021||World Down Syndrome Congress Dubai|
|22 - 24 November 2021||AccessAbilities Expo & Dubai Accessible Tourism International Summit|
|22 - 23 November 2021||IPM Dubai - International Trade Fair for Plants & WOP- World of Perishables Dubai|
|24 - 28 November 2021||Concept Big Brands Carnival|
|26 - 27 November 2021||Pakistan Property Show by Zameen.com|
|1 - 2 December 2021||Amway Europe Leadership Training Seminar 2021|
|5 - 8 December 2021||Gulf Traffic Exhibition|
|6 - 8 December 2021||Middle East Natural and Organic Products Expo|
|6 - 8 December 2021||33rd World LPG FORUM 2021|
|6 - 9 December 2021||China Products Fair 2021|
|14 - 16 December 2021||Automechanika Dubai|
|14 - 16 December 2021||Gulf Print and Pack Exhibition|
The events calendar was last updated on April 11, 2021.
Events and exhibitions at the Dubai World Trade centre in 2019 and 2020 are listed below:
Exhibition Halls and Spaces
The Dubai World Trade Centre offers a variety of exhibition and event spaces. They include:
- Sheikh Rashid Hall – 7,700 square metre column-free space.
- Sheikh Maktoum Hall – 3,800 square metre space. Can be combined with Sheikh Rashid Hall into a single level exhibition space measuring 11,500 square metres.
- Al Multaqua Ballroom – Ballroom measuring 1,100 square metres.
- Sheikh Saeed Hall 1 – 6,700 square metre space.
- Sheikh Saeed Hall 2 – 4,800 square metre space.
- Sheikh Saeed Hall 3 – 3,600 square metre space.
- Trade Centre Arena – 9,100 square metre space. Can be combined with Sheikh Sayed Halls to give a space measuring over 24,000 square metres.
- Za’abeel Halls – 3 halls with a combined area of 15,300 square metres.
Hotels at the Dubai World Trade Centre site are the Novotel, Ibis World Trade Centre, and Ibis One Central.
There are numerous other accommodation options within easy walking distance.
Restaurants, Cafes, and Shops
The Dubai World Trade Centre boasts a number of onsite restaurants, cafes, and shops. They include:
- Airlink International – Freight and logistics.
- All the Perks Espresso Cafe – Cafe offering breakfast, sandwiches, pasta, pastries, coffee, tea, juices etc.
- Al Naboodah Logistics – Freight and logistics.
- Al Rostamani International Exchange – Money transfers and foreign currency exchange.
- Andes Restaurant – International cuisine.
- Azzurro Pizzeria – Pizza, pasta, and salads.
- Blooms Flowers – Florist.
- BurgerFuel – Gourmet burgers.
- Cafe Arena – Cafe.
- Caffe Nero – Coffee shop.
- Cafe Cream – Coffee shop at Novotel World Trade Centre.
- Camel Company – Gifts and souvenirs (mugs, t-shirts, postcards, stationery etc.).
- Caribou Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- Chez Michel – Breakfast, soups, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, international dishes etc.
- Cubo – Italian restaurant at Ibis World Trade Centre.
- Desco – Digital printing and copying services.
- Dollar Rent A Car – Car rentals.
- Emirates NBD – Bank branch.
- Emirates Post – Postal and government services.
- Entre-Nous – International restaurant at Novotel World Trade Centre. Serves alcohol.
- Etisalat – Telecommunications.
- Event Plus – Exhibitor and stand services.
- Hatam – Persian restaurant.
- I Love Juice – Juice and smoothies.
- Last Minute Services – Exhibition services (stand design, furniture rentals, IT rentals, signage, displays etc.).
- Life Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Minutes – Repairs (shoes, watches, mobile phones), key cutting, and engraving.
- Pappa Roti – Coated buns and beverages.
- Parlour – French restaurant.
- Piadera – Italian flatbread, pasta, salads.
- Pizza Express – Pizza restaurant.
- Salad Station – Salad cafe.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse.
- Trader’s House – Salads, sandwiches, soup, international dishes.
- ZOOM – Convenience store.
Listings were last updated on .
The Dubai World Trade Centre is located on Sheikh Zayed Road in the Trade Centre area of the city.
Buses going to Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Bus Service 21 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Quoz – stops include Sharaf DG Metro Station, BurJuman Metro Station, World Trade Centre Metro Station, and Emirates Towers Metro Station.
- Bus Service 29 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Dubai Mall – stops include Sharaf DG Metro Station, BurJuman Metro Station, and Dubai World Trade Centre.
- Bus Service 27 – Gold Souq Bus Station to Dubai Mall – stops include Union Metro Station, Deira City Centre Metro Station, Dubai World Trade Centre, and Dubai International Financial Centre.
DWTC boasts numerous taxi pickup and drop-off points.
Downtown Dubai is 2 miles south of Dubai World Trade Centre (just 3 stops on the Red Line). It is home to attractions such as the Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Opera, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Dubai Fountain, Souk Al Bahar, Dubai Ice Rink, and Reel Cinemas Dubai Mall.
The Dubai World Trade Centre was officially opened in 1979 by Queen Elizabeth II. It was the brainchild of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed al Maktoum, the ruler that initiated the transformation of Dubai to a major world city.
At the time of opening the Sheikh Rashid Tower here was the tallest building in Dubai. Few people believed the project would be successful. It was way out of the city centre; standing alone on a sandy patch of land next to the road to Abu Dhabi.
The doubters were proved wrong and the project acted as a catalyst for growth. Today, the 39-storey building is dwarfed by the neighbouring skyscrapers on Sheikh Zayed Road and the city has expanded to the Abu Dhabi border.
In 2015 the Dubai World Trade Centre was declared a free zone.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Dubai Garden Glow (0.5 miles) - Seasonal light-based attraction at Zabeel Park.
- Zabeel Park (0.6 miles) - Public park in the Zabeel area of Dubai. Home to a number of attractions including the Dubai Frame and Dubai Garden Glow.
- Dubai Frame (0.9 miles) - Viewing tower offering spectacular views of old and new Dubai. Cheap entry.
Places to shop near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Emirates Towers Boulevard (0.8 miles) - Luxury shopping mall at Emirates Towers
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Tresind (0.5 miles)
- Ravi (0.7 miles) - Legendary local restaurant. Founded by a Pakistani labourer in the 1970s. Known for its authentic Pakistani food. Located near the Satwa Roundabout (junction of 2nd December Street and Al Satwa Road).
- Chamas (0.7 miles) - Brazilian churrascaria at the Crowne Plaza Dubai. Offers all-you-can-eat meat feasts served at your table. Salad and dessert bars. Live music. Friday brunch.
- Zuma (1 miles) - Sleek, contemporary Japanese restaurant at DIFC. Spread over three levels. Booking recommended.
- BOCA (1 miles) - Dishes from France, Italy, and Spain. Licensed. Indoor and outdoor seating. Extensive wine cellar.
Hotels near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- The H Dubai (0.2 miles)
- Rove Trade Centre (0.2 miles)
- Fairmont Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Conrad Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Ibis World Trade Centre (0.4 miles)
- Novotel World Trade Centre Dubai (0.4 miles)
- Ibis One Central - World Trade Centre Dubai (0.4 miles)
- voco Dubai an IHG hotel (0.5 miles)
- Crowne Plaza Dubai (0.7 miles)
- Chelsea Plaza Hotel (0.8 miles)
- Jumeirah Emirates Towers (0.8 miles)
- Millennium Plaza Hotel (0.9 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- World Trade Centre Metro Station (0.3 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
- Al Jafiliya Metro Station (0.5 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
- Emirates Towers Metro Station (0.9 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Al Satwa Bus Station (0.9 miles) - Bus station in the Satwa area of Dubai.
Map showing location of Dubai World Trade Centre.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Dubai World Trade Centre
Sheikh Zayed Road
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Maksym Poriechkin/Shutterstock