The Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) is a major trade hub and events venue. Exhibitions, shows, concerts, and other events here draw well over 3 million visitors each year.
Around 25 events are classified as ‘mega events’, each attracting more than 30,000 people. These include the Arabian Travel Market, The Hotel Show, Arab Health, Gulfood, Dubai International Motor Show, and GITEX Technology Week.
Events 2021 and 2022
Events and exhibitions at the Dubai World Trade Centre in 2021 and 2022 are listed below:
|5 April - 29 Sep 2021||Dubai Sports World|
|29 June - 1 July 2021||UAE International Dental Conference and Arab Dental Exhibition - AEEDC Dubai|
|6 - 8 July 2021||Dubai World Dermatology and Laser Conference and Exhibition - Dubai Derma|
|8 July - 28 August 2021||Modesh World|
|15 - 24 July 2021||Concept Big Brands Carnival|
|21 - 30 July 2021||Cirque at Modesh World|
|20 August 2021||Lena Chamamyan|
|1 - 4 Sep 2021||The Gulf Bride|
|12 - 15 Sep 2021||The Big 5|
|12 - 15 Sep 2021||Windows Doors & Facades and Gulf Glass|
|19 - 21 Sep 2021||World Vape Show|
|21 - 23 Sep 2021||Society of Petroleum Engineers, Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition (A...|
|27 - 29 Sep 2021||Middle East Coatings Show|
|28 - 30 Sep 2021||Light Middle East Exhibition|
|29 - 30 Sep 2021||Seamless E-Commerce|
|29 - 30 Sep 2021||Seamless Middle East Cards - Identity|
|29 - 30 Sep 2021||Seamless Middle East Payments - Banking - Fintech|
|29 - 30 Sep 2021||Seamless|
|29 - 30 Sep 2021||The ForexExpo|
|3 - 7 October 2021||The 85th General Meeting of the International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC|
|5 - 7 October 2021||Beauty World Middle East and Wellness & Spa Exhibition|
|10 - 12 October 2021||IAOM MEA Region Conference and Exhibition 2021|
|10 - 12 October 2021||Annual Radiology Meeting|
|10 - 12 October 2021||IAOM International Association of Operative Millers 2021|
|17 - 21 October 2021||Future Blockchain Summit|
|17 - 21 October 2021||Gitex Technology Week|
|17 - 21 October 2021||Marketing Mania|
|17 - 21 October 2021||FinTech Surge|
|17 - 21 October 2021||GITEX Future Stars|
|17 - 21 October 2021||AI Everything|
|26 - 28 October 2021||CABSAT Middle East|
|26 - 31 October 2021||GITEX Shopper 2021|
|28 - 30 October 2021||Dubai Muscle Show & Dubai Active|
|1 - 3 November 2021||HR Summit|
|7 - 9 November 2021||Gulfood Manufacturing|
|7 - 9 November 2021||Private Label and Licensing Middle East|
|7 - 9 November 2021||Yummex Middle East|
|7 - 9 November 2021||Seafex & The Speciality Food Festival|
|7 - 10 November 2021||18th World Meeting & Exhibition of the International Road Federation 2021|
|11 - 14 November 2021||41st Congress of the Société Internationale d'Urologie –SIU - 2021|
|15 - 16 November 2021||The Global Franchise Market|
|15 - 17 November 2021||ArabLab +|
|15 - 18 November 2021||Arabplast|
|15 - 18 November 2021||World Down Syndrome Congress Dubai|
|22 - 24 November 2021||AccessAbilities Expo & Dubai Accessible Tourism International Summit|
|22 - 24 November 2021||IPM Dubai - International Trade Fair for Plants & WOP- World of Perishables Dubai|
|26 - 27 November 2021||Pakistan Property Show by Zameen.com|
|4 - 5 December 2021||Amway Europe Leadership Training Seminar 2021|
|5 - 9 December 2021||33rd World LPG WEEK 2021|
|6 - 8 December 2021||Middle East Natural and Organic Products Expo|
|6 - 8 December 2021||Gulf Traffic Exhibition|
|7 - 9 December 2021||China Products Fair 2021|
|8 - 9 December 2021||AGRA Middle East Exhibition|
|14 - 16 December 2021||Paperworld Middle East, Playworld Middle East and Gifts & Lifestyle Middle East|
|14 - 16 December 2021||Automechanika Dubai|
|14 - 16 December 2021||Gulf Print and Pack Exhibition|
The events calendar was last updated on July 28, 2021.
Exhibition Halls and Spaces
The Dubai World Trade Centre offers a variety of exhibition and event spaces. They include:
- Sheikh Rashid Hall – 7,700 square metre column-free space.
- Sheikh Maktoum Hall – 3,800 square metre space. Can be combined with Sheikh Rashid Hall into a single level exhibition space measuring 11,500 square metres.
- Al Multaqua Ballroom – Ballroom measuring 1,100 square metres.
- Sheikh Saeed Hall 1 – 6,700 square metre space.
- Sheikh Saeed Hall 2 – 4,800 square metre space.
- Sheikh Saeed Hall 3 – 3,600 square metre space.
- Trade Centre Arena – 9,100 square metre space. Can be combined with Sheikh Sayed Halls to give a space measuring over 24,000 square metres.
- Za’abeel Halls – 3 halls with a combined area of 15,300 square metres.
Hotels at the Dubai World Trade Centre site are the Novotel, Ibis World Trade Centre, and Ibis One Central.
There are numerous other accommodation options within easy walking distance.
Restaurants, Cafes, and Shops
The Dubai World Trade Centre boasts a number of onsite restaurants, cafes, and shops. They include:
- Airlink International – Freight and logistics.
- All the Perks Espresso Cafe – Cafe offering breakfast, sandwiches, pasta, pastries, coffee, tea, juices etc.
- Al Naboodah Logistics – Freight and logistics.
- AL ROSTAMANI INTERNATIONAL
- Andes Restaurant – International cuisine.
- Azzurro Pizzeria – Pizza, pasta, and salads.
- Blooms Flowers – Florist.
- BurgerFuel – Gourmet burgers.
- Cafe Arena – Cafe.
- Caffe Nero – Coffee shop.
- Cafe Cream – Coffee shop at Novotel World Trade Centre.
- CAMEL COMPANY
- Caribou Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- Chez Michel – Breakfast, soups, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, international dishes etc.
- Cubo – Italian restaurant at Ibis World Trade Centre.
- DESCO PRINTING
- DOLLAR CAR RENTAL
- EMIRATES NBD BANK
- Emirates Post – Postal and government services.
- Entre-Nous – International restaurant at Novotel World Trade Centre. Serves alcohol.
- Event Plus – Exhibitor and stand services.
- Hatam – Persian restaurant.
- I Love Juice – Juice and smoothies.
- Last Minute Services – Exhibition services (stand design, furniture rentals, IT rentals, signage, displays etc.).
- LIFE PHARMACY
- Pappa Roti – Coated buns and beverages.
- Parlour – French restaurant.
- Piadera – Italian flatbread, pasta, salads.
- Pizza Express – Pizza restaurant.
- Salad Station – Salad cafe.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse.
- Trader’s House – Salads, sandwiches, soup, international dishes.
- ZOOM – Convenience store.
Listings were last updated on .
The Dubai World Trade Centre is located on Sheikh Zayed Road in the Trade Centre area of the city.
Buses going to Dubai World Trade Centre include:
- Bus Service 21 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Quoz – stops include Sharaf DG Metro Station, BurJuman Metro Station, World Trade Centre Metro Station, and Emirates Towers Metro Station.
- Bus Service 29 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Dubai Mall – stops include Sharaf DG Metro Station, BurJuman Metro Station, and Dubai World Trade Centre.
- Bus Service 27 – Gold Souq Bus Station to Dubai Mall – stops include Union Metro Station, Deira City Centre Metro Station, Dubai World Trade Centre, and Dubai International Financial Centre.
DWTC boasts numerous taxi pickup and drop-off points.
The Dubai World Trade Centre offers numerous car parks. Free and paid car parks are available. Valet parking is available for a fee.
Downtown Dubai is 2 miles south of Dubai World Trade Centre (just 3 stops on the Red Line). It is home to attractions such as the Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Opera, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Dubai Fountain, Souk Al Bahar, Dubai Ice Rink, and Reel Cinemas Dubai Mall.
The Dubai World Trade Centre was officially opened in 1979 by Queen Elizabeth II. It was the brainchild of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed al Maktoum, the ruler that initiated the transformation of Dubai to a major world city.
At the time of opening the Sheikh Rashid Tower here was the tallest building in Dubai. Few people believed the project would be successful. It was way out of the city centre; standing alone on a sandy patch of land next to the road to Abu Dhabi.
The doubters were proved wrong and the project acted as a catalyst for growth. Today, the 39-storey building is dwarfed by the neighbouring skyscrapers on Sheikh Zayed Road and the city has expanded to the Abu Dhabi border.
In 2015 the Dubai World Trade Centre was declared a free zone.