Zabeel Park is a large public park in Dubai. Covering around 120 acres, it offers a wealth of attractions, mainly aimed at families.
The park is divided into three sections (A, B and C), divided by Sheikh Zayed Road, but linked by pedestrian bridges.
The Dubai Frame is the major crowd puller here. Ascent to the top of world’s largest picture frame for fantastic views of old and new Dubai.
Other attractions in Area A include:
- Children’s playground with slides, climbing frames, and play equipment – awnings offer shade
- Bicycle rentals
- Jogging track – around the perimeter
- Fountains and sculptures
Dubai Garden Glow is a seasonal attraction open in the winter evenings. An area of the park is transformed with fantastic light displays. It also includes attractions such as the Dinosaur Park (animatronic dinosaurs) and the Ice Park (ice sculptures).
Other attractions in Area B include:
- Boating lake – boat rentals available
- Cricket pitch
Area C lies on the eastern side of the park. It is home to an amphitheatre, used mainly for events and show.
Zabeel Park is open every day of the week. Timings are Sunday to Wednesday 8 am to 10 pm and Thursday to Saturday 8 am to 11 pm. Opening hours on public holidays are 9 am to 11 pm.
The park is close to Karama, a built-up residential area popular with expatriate workers from countries such as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and the Philippines. It can get very busy at weekends (Friday and Saturday in Dubai) and holidays.
The entrance fee to Zabeel Park in 2020 is 5 AED (£1, €1.13, $1.36). Children under 2 enjoy free entry. Payment is by NOL card (contactless travel card) only.
The basic entry price does not include admission to the Dubai Frame and Dubai Garden Glow. Tickets for these are sold separately.
Location and Getting There
There are a multitude of bus services that call at Zabeel Park. Options include:
- Bus 10 – Gold Souq Bus Station (Deira) to Al Quoz Bus Station
- Bus 21 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station (Bur Dubai) to Al Quoz
- Bus 27 – Gold Souq Bus Station (Deira) to Dubai Mall
Zabeel Park Gates
The park has multiple entrances (gates):
- Gate 1 – Located on the western side of Area A. The closest entrance to Al Jafiliya Metro Station. Convenient for the children’s playground.
- Gate 2 – At the northern tip of Area A. At the junction of Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Street (D88) and Sheikh Rashid Road (D75).
- Gate 3 – Located on the northern side of Area A. Just off Sheikh Rashid Road and near the footbridge to Karama.
- Gate 4 – On the eastern side of Area A. This is the gate for the Dubai Frame.
- Gate 5 – Lies on the eastern side of the park. The entrance for Area C.
- Gate 6 – Situated on the southern side of Area B, off Al Majlis Street. The entrance for Dubai Garden Glow.
- Gate 7 – Located on the western side of Area B, near the Trade Centre Roundabout. Another entrance for Dubai Garden Glow.
Zabeel Park offers several car parks. The biggest car parks are near Gate 1, Gate 2, and Gate 4.
The park opened in 2005 and is operated by Dubai Municipality.
Facilities at the park include BBQ areas, cafes and food stands, free Wifi, toilets, and prayer areas.
Stargate, a children’s edutainment centre, opened in 2009. It was operational for a couple of years before closing.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Zabeel Park include:
- Dubai Frame (0.3 miles) - Viewing tower offering spectacular views of old and new Dubai. Cheap entry.
- Dubai Garden Glow (0.5 miles) - Seasonal light-based attraction at Zabeel Park.
- Dubai World Trade Centre (0.6 miles) - Major events and exhibition venue.
Hotels near Zabeel Park include:
- Rove Trade Centre (0.6 miles)
- The H Dubai (0.6 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Zabeel Park include:
- Al Jafiliya Metro Station (0.2 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
- ADCB Metro Station (Al Karama) (0.7 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Zabeel Park include:
- Al Karama Bus Station (0.5 miles) - Bus station in Al Karama.
Map showing location of Zabeel Park.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Majd H, Laborant/Shutterstock