This large municipal park is one of the most popular public spaces in Dubai, offering a pleasant urban sanctuary for residents from all walks of life.
The park is great for families and offers a playground and a cafe. It also offers a wonderful view of the Burj Khalifa.
Sports facilities include a jogging track and tennis courts. The wide expanses of grass are frequently used for casual games of cricket and football.
The Dubai Water Canal opened in 2016 and links Business Bay to Arabian Gulf. It runs through the centre of Safa Park. Although the canal itself is complete, there is still construction work ongoing in the area. At the time of writing (February 2020), the boating lake at Safa Park is drained and landscaping work around the canal banks is not complete.
Safa Park is situated in Al Wasl, just off the Sheikh Zayed Road, and close to Business Bay and Downtown Dubai. Entrances are located on all sides of the park. The nearest Dubai Metro station is Business Bay (on the Red Line).
The park is open every day of the week. Opening times Sunday to Wednesday are 8 am to 10 am. Hours Thursday to Saturday and public holidays are 8 am to 11 pm.
Entry to the park costs just 3 AED. Admission is free for children under 2.
Cinemas near Safa Park include:
- Roxy Cinemas Boxpark (0.9 miles) - Luxury cinema at Boxpark.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Safa Park include:
- World Cut Steakhouse (0.5 miles) - Licensed steakhouse at Habtoor Palace. Opulent dark wood interior and leather chairs.
- Le Patio (0.5 miles) - Open-air Arabic restaurant at the central courtyard of the St Regis Dubai.
- Kitchen6 (0.7 miles) - All-day buffet restaurant at the JW Marriott Marquis. Huge choice of dishes from around the world. Live cooking stations.
- La Farine (0.7 miles) - 24-hour French cafe and bakery on the lobby level of the JW Marriott Marquis. Offers beverages, cake, breads and pastries, breakfast, dinner, afternoon tea, and more.
- Izakaya (0.7 miles) - Hip Japanese restaurant at the JW Marriott Marquis. Themed evenings. Fresh wasabi prepared at your table by the green-haired Wasabi Girl.
- Vault (0.7 miles) - Swanky bar on the 71st and 72nd floors of the JW Marriott Marquis. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer incredible views of the city. Ladies’ and men’s nights, DJs, and great cocktails.
- Prime68 (0.7 miles) - Steakhouse on the 68th floor of the JW Marriott Marquis in Business Bay. Stunning views of the Dubai Water Canal, Sheikh Zayed Road and Jumeirah. Excellent service.
- Tong Thai (0.7 miles) - Award-winning Thai restaurant at the JW Marriott Marquis. Intimate low-light interior. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer excellent view of Business Bay and Downtown Dubai.
Hotels near Safa Park include:
- Habtoor Palace Dubai, LXR Hotels & Resorts (0.5 miles)
- V Hotel Dubai, Curio Collection by Hilton (0.5 miles)
- Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City (0.5 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Dubai Safa Park (0.6 miles)
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai (0.7 miles)
- Park Regis Business Bay (0.9 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Safa Park include:
- Business Bay Metro Station (0.9 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Map showing location of Safa Park.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
United Arab Emirates