Downtown Dubai is a massive real estate development just off Sheikh Zayed Road. It is home to the Burj Khalifa (formerly the Burj Dubai), the world’s tallest building, and the Dubai Mall, the world’s biggest shopping mall.
Hotels and places to stay in and around Downtown Dubai include:
- Sofitel Dubai Downtown
- Address Boulevard
- Address Sky View
- Address Downtown
- Armani Hotel Dubai
- Address Dubai Mall
- Manzil Downtown
The list was last updated on Sunday 4th of October 2020.
|Bar, International||$$$||Restaurant and lounge on Level 122 of the Burj Khalifa. Booking essential for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.|
|Claw||Souq al Bahar|
|American, Seafood, Bar||$$||Lively American bar and grill at Souk Al Bahar. Menu includes bucket of crabs and shellfish, burgers, seafood, steaks, and BBQ dishes. Licensed bar. Ladies’ nights, live sports, and Friday brunch.|
|Entrecote Café de Paris||Dubai Mall|
|French||$$||French restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers excellent view of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.|
|Texas Roadhouse||Dubai Mall|
|American||$$||American restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers steaks, ribs, chicken, and burgers. Large portions. Reasonably priced. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Outdoor terrace offers view of the Dubai Fountain.|
|The Grilll Shack||Dubai Mall|
|Steakhouse, American||$$||Open kitchen. Good view of the Dubai Ice Rink.|
|Thai||$$$||Thai restaurant at the Palace Downtown. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Terrace overlooks the Burj Lake and offers good views of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.|
|Tribes Carnivore||Dubai Mall|
|Steakhouse, South African||$$||African-inspired restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Terrace offers good views of the Dubai Fountain. Unlicensed.|
Real Estate and Apartments
Downtown Dubai is one of the city’s newest residential areas and offers a huge choice of accommodation options. These include:
- The Residence, Burj Khalifa – 900 luxurious studios and suites (1 – 4 bedrooms) with extensive facilities including swimming pools, a fitness centre, tennis courts, and a nursery.
- Armani Residences – 144 one and two bedroom residential suites located on levels 9 – 16 of the Burj Khalifa. Residents enjoy access to the facilities at the Armani Hotel.
- Address Residences Downtown Dubai – 626 serviced apartments (studios to 4-bedroom penthouses) at the Address Downtown Dubai.
- Address Residences Dubai Mall – 449 serviced apartments (studios to 3-bedroom apartments) at the Address Dubai Mall.
- Burj Views – Residential complex comprised of 3 towers. Features over 700 units, ranging in size from studios to 2-bedroom apartments.
- South Ridge – 6 towers at the southern end of the development.
- 8 Boulevard Walk – 35 storey tower featuring studio to 2-bedroom apartments.
- The Old Town and Old Town Island – low-rise residential buildings.
The Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world. It features more than 1,000 stores, including Bloomingdales and Galeries Lafayette. If that’s not enough, there’s even more choice at the Souk Al Bahar.
Attractions & Entertainment
Some of the Dubai’s best entertainment and leisure options are located within Downtown Dubai. The Dubai Fountain, The Waterfall, KidZania, Dubai Aquarium, Dubai Opera, Burj Park, and At The Top Burj Khalifa are all here.