The Dubai Opera is a modern, world-class performing arts venue at Downtown Dubai. It hosts a varied program of shows and events including opera, musicals, ballet, theatre, rock, pop, jazz, and comedy.
The venue was designed by Janus Rostock of Atkins. It opened in 2016 and is modelled on the shape of a dhow, a traditional sailing vessel. The main theatre can be configured in several different ways and can seat up to 2,000 people.
The Dubai Opera is centrepiece of the Opera District at Downtown Dubai. It is located southwest of the Burj Khalifa.
The closest Metro station is Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall. It’s a fair distance (0.4 miles) from the station but the walk is pleasant and interesting. On the way there’s the Dubai Mall, Dubai Fountain, and Burj Khalifa.
There’s a taxi drop-off zone near the venue. Paid car parking is also available.
Tickets can be purchased online from the official Dubai Opera website (see information box at the end of this page). They can also be bought in person at the box office (open daily).
Shows Schedule - What's On
The Dubai Opera opened in 2016 with a performance by legendary Spanish tenor Placido Domingo. The program of upcoming shows and events is listed below.
|20 February 2019||Music in the Studio with Jaume Torrent|
|21 February 2019 - 23 February 2019||The Merry Widow|
|28 February 2019||The Godfather in Concert|
|01 March 2019 - 02 March 2019||Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets™ in Concert|
|06 March 2019||Music in the Studio with Anna Fedorova|
|06 March 2019||Gipsy Kings by André Reyes|
|08 March 2019||Stars of American Ballet|
|09 March 2019||Choirfest|
|14 March 2019 - 15 March 2019||Orpheus and Eurydice Forever Rock Opera|
|17 March 2019||Hothouse Flowers|
|19 March 2019||Prom 1 – Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto and Romeo & Juliet|
|20 March 2019||Prom 2 – Contemporary Choral Classics|
|21 March 2019||Prom 3 – BEETHOVEN’S NINTH|
|21 March 2019||Prom 4 – Late Night Prom: Ksenija Sidorova Tango Trio|
|22 March 2019||Prom 5 – Last Night of the Proms|
|26 March 2019 - 30 March 2019||Thriller|
|11 April 2019||Al Murray|
|18 April 2019||Watershed and Ard Matthews|
|19 April 2019||Music for Meditation|
|24 April 2019||Music in the Studio with London Mozart Players Quintet|
|26 April 2019 - 27 April 2019||Sleeping Beauty|
|29 April 2019||Fast Love – A Tribute to George Michael|
|01 May 2019||Music in the Studio with Amy Dickson and Amira Fouad|
|12 June 2019||Music in the Studio with Catrin Finch|
|25 June 2019||Nouvelle Vague|
|05 September 2019 - 07 September 2019||Puccini’s Turandot Opera|
|11 September 2019 - 12 September 2019||Early Spring – Dance Drama|
|16 October 2019 - 19 October 2019 , 21 October 2019 - 24 October 2019 , 26 October 2019 & 28 October 2019 - 30 October 2019||The Phantom of the Opera|
|14 November 2019||Mica Paris Sings Aretha Franklin|
The shows calendar was last updated on .
Tourist attractions and things to do near Dubai Opera include:
- At The Top – Burj Khalifa Observation Deck (0.2 miles) - The tallest building in the world
- Dubai Fountain (0.2 miles) - Musical fountain at Downtown Dubai
- The Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo (0.5 miles) - Aquarium at the Dubai Mall.
- KidZania (0.5 miles) - Edutainment centre at the Dubai Mall.
- Dubai Ice Rink (0.5 miles) - Ice skating rink at the Dubai Mall
- SEGA Republic (0.6 miles) - Indoor theme park at the Dubai Mall
Cinemas near Dubai Opera include:
- Reel Cinemas Dubai Mall (0.6 miles) - 26-screen cinema at the Dubai Mall.
Places to shop near Dubai Opera include:
- Souk Al Bahar (0.3 miles) - Souk near the Dubai Mall.
- The Dubai Mall (0.5 miles) - Home to over 1,000 retail stores
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Dubai Opera include:
- At.mosphere (0.2 miles) - Restaurant and lounge on Level 122 of the Burj Khalifa. Booking essential for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Thiptara (0.2 miles) - Thai restaurant at the Palace Downtown. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Terrace overlooks the Burj Lake and offers good views of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- Ewaan (0.3 miles) - Arabic restaurant on the ground floor of the Palace Downtown. Live cooking stations. Friday brunch. Indoor and outdoor seating. View of the Burj Khalifa.
- Asado (0.3 miles) - Argentinian grill at the Palace Downtown. Waterfront terrace offers great view of the Burj Khalifa.
- Claw (0.3 miles) - Lively American bar and grill at Souk Al Bahar. Menu includes bucket of crabs and shellfish, burgers, seafood, steaks, and BBQ dishes. Licensed bar. Ladies’ nights, live sports, and Friday brunch.
- Bombay Brasserie (0.4 miles) - High-end Indian restaurant at the Taj Dubai in Business Bay. Features an open kitchen and luxurious interior. Offers good views of Burj Khalifa.
- Texas Roadhouse (0.4 miles) - American restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers steaks, ribs, chicken, and burgers. Large portions. Reasonably priced. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Outdoor terrace offers view of the Dubai Fountain.
- Entrecote Café de Paris (0.5 miles) - French restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers excellent view of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
Hotels near Dubai Opera include:
- Armani Hotel Dubai (0.2 miles)
- Ramada Downtown Dubai (0.2 miles)
- The Palace Downtown Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Taj Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Sofitel Dubai Downtown (0.4 miles)
- Vida Downtown Dubai (0.4 miles)
- The Address Dubai Mall Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Manzil Downtown Dubai (0.5 miles)
- Steigenberger Hotel - Business Bay (0.6 miles)
- DAMAC Maison Cour Jardin (0.6 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Dubai Opera include:
- Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Metro Station (0.4 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Map showing location of Dubai Opera.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Laborant/Shutterstock