The Dubai Opera is a modern, world-class performing arts venue at Downtown Dubai. It hosts a varied program of shows and events including opera, musicals, ballet, theatre, rock, pop, jazz, and comedy.
The venue was designed by Janus Rostock of Atkins. It opened in 2016 and is modelled on the shape of a dhow, a traditional sailing vessel. The main theatre can be configured in several different ways and can seat up to 2,000 people.
The Dubai Opera is centrepiece of the Opera District at Downtown Dubai. It is located southwest of the Burj Khalifa, next to Burj Park.
The closest Metro station is Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall. It’s a fair distance (0.4 miles) from the station but the walk is pleasant and interesting. On the way there’s the Dubai Mall, Dubai Fountain, and Burj Khalifa.
There’s a taxi drop-off zone near the venue. Paid car parking is also available.
Tickets can be purchased online from the official Dubai Opera website (see information box at the end of this page). They can also be bought in person at the box office (open daily).
Tourist attractions and things to do near Dubai Opera include:
- Burj Park (0.1 miles) - Small park at Downtown Dubai.
- At The Top – Burj Khalifa Observation Deck (0.2 miles) - The tallest building in the world
- Dubai Fountain (0.2 miles) - Musical fountain at Downtown Dubai
- The Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo (0.5 miles) - Aquarium at the Dubai Mall.
- The Waterfall – Dubai Mall (0.5 miles) - Impressive work of art at the Dubai Mall.
- KidZania (0.5 miles) - Edutainment centre at the Dubai Mall.
- Dubai Ice Rink (0.5 miles) - Ice skating rink at the Dubai Mall
Cinemas near Dubai Opera include:
- Reel Cinemas Dubai Mall (0.6 miles) - 26-screen cinema at the Dubai Mall.
Places to shop near Dubai Opera include:
- Souk Al Bahar (0.3 miles) - Souk near the Dubai Mall.
- The Dubai Mall (0.5 miles) - Home to over 1,000 retail stores
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Dubai Opera include:
- At.mosphere (0.2 miles) - Restaurant and lounge on Level 122 of the Burj Khalifa. Booking essential for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Thiptara (0.2 miles) - Thai restaurant at the Palace Downtown. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Terrace overlooks the Burj Lake and offers good views of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- Claw (0.3 miles) - Lively American bar and grill at Souk Al Bahar. Menu includes bucket of crabs and shellfish, burgers, seafood, steaks, and BBQ dishes. Licensed bar. Ladies’ nights, live sports, and Friday brunch.
- Tribes Carnivore (0.3 miles) - African-inspired restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Terrace offers good views of the Dubai Fountain. Unlicensed.
- Bombay Brasserie (0.4 miles) - High-end Indian restaurant at the Taj Dubai in Business Bay. Features an open kitchen and luxurious interior. Offers good views of Burj Khalifa.
- Miss Tess (0.4 miles) - Asian street food restaurant at the Taj Dubai in Business Bay. Offers a terrace with great view of the Burj Khalifa. Licensed. Great signature cocktails. Live entertainment. DJs.
- Texas Roadhouse (0.4 miles) - American restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers steaks, ribs, chicken, and burgers. Large portions. Reasonably priced. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Outdoor terrace offers view of the Dubai Fountain.
- Entrecote Café de Paris (0.5 miles) - French restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers excellent view of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- The Grilll Shack (0.5 miles) - Open kitchen. Good view of the Dubai Ice Rink.
Hotels near Dubai Opera include:
- Armani Hotel Dubai (0.2 miles)
- Taj Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Sofitel Dubai Downtown (0.3 miles)
- Address Dubai Mall (0.4 miles)
- Address Sky View (0.4 miles)
- Address Boulevard (0.4 miles)
- Address Downtown (0.5 miles)
- Manzil Downtown (0.5 miles)
- ME Dubai by Meliá (0.6 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Dubai Opera include:
- Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Metro Station (0.4 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Map showing location of Dubai Opera.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Laborant/Shutterstock