The Dubai Opera is a modern, world-class performing arts venue at Downtown Dubai. It hosts a varied program of shows and events including opera, musicals, ballet, theatre, rock, pop, jazz, and comedy.
The venue was designed by Janus Rostock of Atkins. It opened in 2016 and is modelled on the shape of a dhow, a traditional sailing vessel. The main theatre can be configured in several different ways and can seat up to 2,000 people.
The Dubai Opera is centrepiece of the Opera District at Downtown Dubai. It is located southwest of the Burj Khalifa.
The closest Metro station is Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall. It’s a fair distance (0.4 miles) from the station but the walk is pleasant and interesting. On the way there’s the Dubai Mall, Dubai Fountain, and Burj Khalifa.
There’s a taxi drop-off zone near the venue. Paid car parking is also available.
Tickets can be purchased online from the official Dubai Opera website (see information box at the end of this page). They can also be bought in person at the box office (open daily).
Shows Schedule - What's On
The Dubai Opera opened in 2016 with a performance by legendary Spanish tenor Placido Domingo. The program of upcoming shows and events is listed below.
|16 - 19 October 2019, 21 - 26 October 2019, 28 - 2 November 2019 & 4 - 9 November 2019||The Phantom of the Opera|
|30 October 2019||Music in the Studio: Stephanie Childress with Kumi Matsuo|
|13 November 2019||Music in the Studio: Arkady Shilkoper with Vadim Neselovsky|
|14 November 2019||Mica Paris Sings Aretha Franklin|
|18 November 2019||The Tiger Who Came To Tea|
|20 November 2019||Passenger|
|21 November 2019||Bootleg Beatles|
|22 November 2019||Ronnie Scott’s 60th Anniversary Concert|
|28 November 2019||Guy Manoukian|
|29 November 2019||Hacienda Classical|
|4 - 7 December 2019||The Nutcracker|
|8 December 2019||Handel’s Messiah|
|11 December 2019||Music in the Studio: Mary Bevan and Amira Fouad|
|11 December 2019||The South|
|12 - 14 December 2019||Jingle Bell Favourites|
|15 December 2019||Omar Kamal|
|20 December 2019||Anoushka Shankar|
|17 - 18 January 2020||Broken Wings|
|3 February 2020||Ludovico Einaudi|
|6 February 2020||Camille Thomas|
|7 February 2020||Bjorn Again|
|11 February 2020||A-HA|
|22 February 2020||Katherine Jenkins|
|5 - 6 March 2020||Lea Salonga|
|12 March 2020||Gipsy Kings by André Reyes|
|19 - 21 March 2020||La Traviata|
|8 - 11 April 2020||Dial M for Murder|
|16 - 18 April 2020||Greatest Love of All|
The shows calendar was last updated on .
Tourist attractions and things to do near Dubai Opera include:
- At The Top – Burj Khalifa Observation Deck (0.2 miles) - The tallest building in the world
- Dubai Fountain (0.2 miles) - Musical fountain at Downtown Dubai
- The Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo (0.5 miles) - Aquarium at the Dubai Mall.
- KidZania (0.5 miles) - Edutainment centre at the Dubai Mall.
- Dubai Ice Rink (0.5 miles) - Ice skating rink at the Dubai Mall
Cinemas near Dubai Opera include:
- Reel Cinemas Dubai Mall (0.6 miles) - 26-screen cinema at the Dubai Mall.
Places to shop near Dubai Opera include:
- Souk Al Bahar (0.3 miles) - Souk near the Dubai Mall.
- The Dubai Mall (0.5 miles) - Home to over 1,000 retail stores
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Dubai Opera include:
- At.mosphere (0.2 miles) - Restaurant and lounge on Level 122 of the Burj Khalifa. Booking essential for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Thiptara (0.2 miles) - Thai restaurant at the Palace Downtown. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Terrace overlooks the Burj Lake and offers good views of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- Ewaan (0.3 miles) - Arabic restaurant on the ground floor of the Palace Downtown. Live cooking stations. Friday brunch. Indoor and outdoor seating. View of the Burj Khalifa.
- Asado (0.3 miles) - Argentinian grill at the Palace Downtown. Waterfront terrace offers great view of the Burj Khalifa.
- Claw (0.3 miles) - Lively American bar and grill at Souk Al Bahar. Menu includes bucket of crabs and shellfish, burgers, seafood, steaks, and BBQ dishes. Licensed bar. Ladies’ nights, live sports, and Friday brunch.
- Bombay Brasserie (0.4 miles) - High-end Indian restaurant at the Taj Dubai in Business Bay. Features an open kitchen and luxurious interior. Offers good views of Burj Khalifa.
- Texas Roadhouse (0.4 miles) - American restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers steaks, ribs, chicken, and burgers. Large portions. Reasonably priced. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Outdoor terrace offers view of the Dubai Fountain.
- Entrecote Café de Paris (0.5 miles) - French restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers excellent view of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
Hotels near Dubai Opera include:
- Armani Hotel Dubai (0.2 miles)
- Ramada Downtown Dubai (0.2 miles)
- The Palace Downtown Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Taj Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Sofitel Dubai Downtown (0.4 miles)
- Vida Downtown Dubai (0.4 miles)
- The Address Dubai Mall Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Manzil Downtown Dubai (0.5 miles)
- Steigenberger Hotel - Business Bay (0.6 miles)
- DAMAC Maison Cour Jardin (0.6 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Dubai Opera include:
- Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Metro Station (0.4 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Map showing location of Dubai Opera.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Laborant/Shutterstock