The Dubai Mall is by far the largest shopping mall in Dubai. It is home to over 1,000 stores and restaurants. It also offers a number of tourist attractions including an ice rink, an aquarium, and a multiplex cinema.
The mall is situated at the Downtown Dubai, a massive development that also includes the world’s tallest building, numerous hotels, plus residential apartments and villas. The Souk Al Bahar is also here and offers more shopping and dining options.
The mall boasts four levels; Level LG (lower ground), Level G (ground), Level 1 (first floor), and Level 2 (second floor). They are connected by both lifts and escalators.
Anchor stores at the Dubai Mall are Bloomingdale’s, Galeries Lafayette, Debenhams, Marks & Spencer, and Paris Gallery.
Galeries Lafayette is a luxury French department store. Departments include women’s fashion, men’s fashion, cosmetics and fragrances, jewellery and watches, and home interiors. With a floor area of 215,000 square feet, spread over three floors of the Dubai Mall, it is the largest department store in Dubai.
Women’s fashion is particularly impressive. Brands stocked include 7 For All Mankind, Armani Jeans, Cavalli Class, Hoss Intropia, Juicy Couture, Karen Millen, Manoush, Missoni, Pinko, Reiss, Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, Ted Baker, and True Religion.
Bloomingdale’s at the Dubai Mall is the US department store’s first international venture. There are two parts to the store; a 146,000 square foot main store with 3 storeys (Level G to Level 2) and a 54,000 square foot home store on Level LG.
Departments in the main store include beauty and fragrances, fine jewellery and watches, men’s and women’s footwear, plus men’s, women’s, and children’s fashion. The home store offers furniture, textiles, glassware, ceramics and decorative items.
Fashion Avenue runs along the southern edge of the mall and is home to the largest collection of prestigious fashion retailers in Dubai. Over 70 stores occupy an area of over 44,000 square feet, spread over Level G and Level 1.
Stores on the ground floor include Jimmy Choo, Alexander McQueen, Christian Louboutin, Valentino, Roberto Cavalli, Burberry, Stella McCartney, Oscar de la Renta, Tom Ford, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel, and Dior.
Shops on Level 1 include Paul & Shark, Agent Provocateur, Hackett, Just Cavalli, Moschino, Elie Saab, Hugo Boss, and Karl Lagerfeld.
The Grand Atrium is home to a number of luxury jewellers and watchmakers. Stores here include Cartier, Bvlgari, Chopard, Patek Philippe, Rolex, Breguet, Hermes, and Tiffany & Co.
Most malls in Dubai boast a supermarket and the one here is Waitrose. The 55,000 square foot store is situated on Level LG and is the UK supermarket chain’s first international store. Its product range includes fresh fish and meat, fruit and vegetables, cheese, frozen produce, bread and pastries, and household products.
Kinokuniya is a huge bookstore on Level 2 of the mall. It moved from a larger location in 2017 but is still the biggest bookstore in the UAE. Departments include English magazines, literature, travel, history, computers, business and management, children, hobbies and craft, food and drink, Arabic books, foreign languages, art and design, comics, and performing arts.
The Virgin Megastore is the best place in the mall to buy music CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray Disks, and books. The store also stocks a good range of electronic products including games consoles (Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox 360 etc.) and games, mobile phones, and MacBooks. Tickets for many concerts and events in Dubai can also be purchased here.
Hamleys, the world-famous toy retailer, opened their first store in the UAE at the Dubai Mall. The 32,000 square foot store stocks a huge range of premium toys, gifts and gadgets. It also offers regular workshops and activities, plus events where children can meet their favourite cartoon characters. The store is located on Level 2, near KidZania.
Restaurants and Food Courts
Restaurants, cafes, and fast food outlets at The Dubai Mall are listed below.
- % Arabica (Ground) – Japanese coffeehouse.
- Al Forno (Level 1) – Italian restaurant. Balcony boasts good view of the Burj Khalifa.
- Al Hallab (Level 2) – Lebanese restaurant. Balcony seating area offers views of the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Fountain.
- Alison Nelson’s Chocolate Bar (Ground) – Cafe next to the Dubai Ice Rink.
- Al Majlis Coffee Shop
- Angelina (Ground) – French cafe with amazing interior. Situated near Fashion Avenue.
- Asma Restaurant
- Aubaine (Ground) – French bistro.
- Awani (Level 2) – Arabic restaurant near Hamleys.
- B2B Burgers
- Blend It
- Booba (Level 2) – Bubble tea.
- Bosporus (LG) – Turkish.
- Bubbles & Booba
- Burger King (Level 2 Food Court) – Burgers and fries.
- Cafe Barbera
- Caffe Nero (Ground) – Coffeehouse next to the Dubai Ice Rink.
- Cafe Bateel (LG) – European/Arabic restaurant with good views of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Cafe Blanc (LG) – Lebanese restaurant. Features an outdoor terrace with views of the Burj Khalifa Lake.
- California Pizza Kitchen (LG) – Pizzas, pasta, and salads. Outdoor terrace boasts views of the Burj Khalifa Lake and Souk Al Bahar.
- Caribou Coffee (several locations) – Coffee, croissants, sandwiches, salads, muffins, cheesecakes etc.
- Carluccio’s (LG) – Italian restaurant. Terraced area offers views of the Dubai Fountain.
- Cereal Killer Café (Ground) – Offers more than 100 types of breakfast cereal. Views of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Charleys (Level 2 Food Court) – Grilled subs and fries.
- Chez Moe (LG)
- Chinese Palace
- Cinnabon (Level 2 Food Court) – Cinnamon rolls.
- Cold Stone Creamery (Level 2) – Ice cream and desserts.
- Confiserie Sprungli
- Costa Coffee (several locations) – Coffeehouse.
- Debonairs Pizza (LG Food Court) – Pizza.
- Delifrance (Level 1) – French bakery/cafe near the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Din Tai Fung
- Dish/Dash (LG) – Arabic grill with views of the Dubai Fountain.
- Dome (Level 1) – Cafe near the Dubai Ice Rink.
- Doner & Gyros
- Doner Kebab (Level 2 Food Court) – Kebabs.
- Downtown Eats Open-Air Cinema
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Eataly (LG) – Italian restaurant and food market.
- Eat Greek (LG) – Greek restaurant.
- Entrecote Cafe de Paris (LG) – French restaurant with outstanding views of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Espressamente Illy (Ground) – Coffeehouse near Fashion Avenue.
- Fatburger (LG Food Court) – Burgers, hotdogs, fried chicken, milkshakes etc.
- Five Guys (LG) – Gourmet burger restaurant. Terrace offers views of the Burj Khalifa Lake, Dubai Fountain, Souk Al Bahar, and Burj Khalifa.
- Fujiyama (Level 2 Food Court) – Japanese.
- Galeries Lafayette Le Gourmet (Level 2) – Department store restaurant offering dishes from around the world.
- Garrett Gold (LG) – Popcorn creations..
- Gelato Divino
- Gloria Jeans Coffee (several locations) – Coffee shop.
- Good Food Coffee & Bakery (Level 2) – Specialises in chimney cakes.
- Gran Caffe
- Grand Cafe Boulevard (LG) – Large two-level Lebanese restaurant with opulent interior.
- Granny’s Waffles (Level 2) – Cafe serving waffles, pancakes, ice cream, and desserts. Boasts views of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Grill Shack (Level 2 Food Court) – Steaks and burgers.
- Guy Fieri's Kitchen
- Guylian Belgian Chocolate Cafe
- Haagen Dazs (several locations) – Ice cream and desserts.
- Hatam (Level 2 Food Court) – Iranian fast food.
- Holland House Mini Pancake
- Home Bakery
- Hummingbird Bakery (LG) – Cakes, muffins, and desserts.
- Huqqa / The Market
- Hurricane's Grill
- IHOP (Level 1) – International House of Pancakes offers pancakes, omelettes, French toast, waffles, crepes, soup, burgers, desserts, ice cream etc.
- India Palace Express (LG Food Court) – Indian.
- Iran Zamin
- Joe’s Cafe (Level 1) – European restaurant. Balcony dining area overlooks the Dubai Fountain.
- Joe’s Crab Shack (Level 1) – American seafood restaurant offering fried platters, buckets of crab, fish sandwiches etc. Located near the Dubai Aquarium.
- Johnny Rockets Express
- Jollibee (Level 2 Food Court) – Burgers, chicken sandwiches, fried chicken, hotdogs etc.
- Jones The Grocer
- Juice Lounge
- Juicy Fruity (LG) – Juices.
- Karam Beirut (LG) – Lebanese restaurant.
- Karam Express (Level 2 Food Court) – Lebanese.
- Katsuya by Starck
- Kebab Grill 44 (Level 2 Food Court) – Indian.
- KFC (Level 2 Food Court) – Fried chicken.
- Khafayef Mini Mart
- Krispy Kreme (Level 2 Food Court) – Doughnuts.
- Kunafa Salamlek
- L' Artisan Du Burger
- Laduree (Level 1) – French cafe offering macarons, croissants, cakes, pastries, ice cream, tea, and coffee. Situated close to Fashion Avenue.
- Lemon Bar
- Le Pain Quotidien (LG) – Cafe and organic bakery.
- Level Shoes
- Lola's Cupcakes
- London Fish And Chips (Level 2 Food Court) – English fish and chips.
- Lulu Shawarma
- Mado (Ground) – Turkish cafe.
- Magic Wok (Level 2 Food Court) – Chinese.
- Maison Assouline
- Man’oushe Street (Level 2 Food Court) – Arabic.
- Manga Sushi (Level 1) – Japanese restaurant and sushi bar.
- Markette (Ground) – International cafe with open kitchen. Located close to the Dubai Aquarium.
- McDonald’s (Level 2 Food Court) – Burgers, fries, salads etc.
- Mini Mart
- Morelli’s Gelato (LG) – Desserts, ice cream, waffles, croissants etc.
- New Shanghai
- New York Fries (Level 2 Food Court) – Fries with toppings.
- Noon & Kabab (Level 2 Food Court) – Persian fast food.
- Open Flame Kitchen
- P.F. Chang’s (LG) – American Chinese restaurant.
- Pad Thai (Level 2 Food Court) – Thai fast food.
- Pancake House
- Panda Chinese (Level 2 Food Court) – Chinese fast food.
- Pappa Roti (several locations) – Coated buns.
- Parker’s (Level 2) – Concept restaurant. Find a key to enter.
- Pars (Level 2 Food Court) – Iranian.
- Paul (Ground) – French cafe and bakery.
- Peppermill Indian Cuisine
- Pizza Hut (Level 2 Food Court) – Pizza and pasta.
- Pret A Manger
- Project Cupcake
- Rainforest Cafe (Ground) – Family-friendly restaurant with a fantastic interior resembling a tropical rainforest (waterfalls, vegetation, animals etc.). Located near the Dubai Aquarium.
- Raising Cane's
- Red Lobster (LG) – American seafood restaurant. Outdoor terrace overlooks the Burj Khalifa Lake.
- Red Mango
- Rubicons Coffee (Level 2) – Coffee and tea, milkshakes, fruit drinks, sandwiches, salads, and pastries.
- Scoozi (LG) – Restaurant offering both Italian and Japanese cuisines. Outdoor seating area offers view of the Dubai Fountain.
- Secret Garden by L'eto
- Shake Shack (Level 1) – Burgers, hot dogs, fries, shakes etc. Overlooks the Dubai Waterfall.
- Shakespeare and Co. (Level 1) – Breakfast, crepes, soup, salads, sandwiches etc.
- Shamiana (Level 2 Food Court) – Indian.
- Social House (LG) – Large restaurant offering dishes from around the world. Outdoor terrace offers good view of the Dubai Fountain.
- Soy Restaurant (Level 2 Food Court) – Chinese/Thai.
- Spice Bowl (LG) – Asian restaurant.
- Spoon & Glaze (Level 2) – Desserts.
- Starbucks (several locations) – Coffee.
- Starbucks Reserve
- Subway (several locations) – Subs.
- Sugoi! (Level 2 Food Court) – Japanese (sushi, teppanyaki etc.).
- Taqado (Level 2 Food Court) – Mexican.
- Taza (Level 2 Food Court) – Chicken and burgers.
- Texas Chicken (Level 2 Food Court) – Fried chicken.
- Texas Roadhouse (LG) – American steakhouse. Outdoor seating area has views of the Burj Khalifa.
- TGI Fridays (Level 2) - American/Tex-Mex/Italian restaurant. Balcony offers excellent view of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- The Cheesecake Factory (Ground) – American/European menu. Located close to the Dubai Aquarium.
- Third Avenue Cafe (First) – International restaurant located on Fashion Avenue. Balcony seating area offers good views of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- Tim Hortons (several locations) - Breakfast, wraps, sandwiches etc.
- Todd English Food Hall
- Tribes (Level 2) – African/Moroccan restaurant.
- TWG Tea (Ground) – Afternoon tea and more. Near the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Two by Symphony
- Vanellis (Level 2 Food Court) – Pizzas and pasta.
- Wafi Gourmet (LG) – Very popular Lebanese restaurant. Outdoor seating area has views of the Dubai Fountain.
- Walnut Grove
- Yalla Saj (Level 2 Food Court) – Lebanese.
- Yo! Sushi (LG) – Japanese restaurant near the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Yogurtland (several locations) – Yoghurt with a variety of toppings.
- Yummy Waffles (Level 2) – Belgian waffles.
- Zaatar W Zeit (LG Food Court) – Lebanese.
- Zaytoni (LG) – Arabic restaurant.
The Dubai Mall offers a massive selection of restaurants and food and drink outlets. None of the restaurants in the Dubai Mall are licensed. Restaurants serving alcohol can be found in the Souk al Bahar or in the hotels in Downtown Dubai.
Most of the sit-down restaurants are situated on the southern side of the mall. Many have views of the Burj Khalifa Lake and the Dubai Fountain.
There are two main food courts at the Dubai Mall; one on Level 2 and the other on Level LG.
The food court on Level 2 is the largest. It is convenient for those visiting attractions such as the Reel Cinema or KidZania.
In addition to a huge selection of shops, the Dubai Mall is also home to some of Dubai’s top tourist attractions.
Dubai Ice Rink
The Dubai Ice Rink is the biggest ice skating rink in the city. Public skating sessions are held every day of the week. Evening disco sessions are also offered.
At The Top – Burj Khalifa Observation Deck
The Burj Khalifa, located right next to the mall, is currently the tallest building in the world. Visitors wishing to take a trip to its observation deck begin their journey in the Dubai Mall.
KidZania is a children’s edutainment theme park on Level 2 of the Dubai Mall. It offers youngsters the opportunity to experience adult life through role play in a mini-city with streets, shops, restaurants and other businesses.
Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo
The Dubai Aquarium is one of the largest indoor aquariums in the world and is home to more than 30,000 aquatic animals. Much of the aquarium can be seen for free from the mall. Paying visitors get to walk through the aquarium tunnel and see additional species in the zoo.
The Dubai Fountain is the world’s largest musical fountain and the city’s most popular free tourist attraction. Performances are held every day. It’s located on the Burj Khalifa Lake, right outside the Dubai Mall.
This 26-screen multiplex cinema is the biggest in Dubai. It offers a variety of movie experiences.
The Emirates A380 Experience
This simulator offers members of the public the chance to try their hands at flying the Airbus A380, the world’s largest passenger airliner. Participants can select airports, flight paths, weather conditions, and more. The simulation lasts 30 minutes.
All the shops and attractions at the Dubai Mall are open 7 days a week.
Current opening times for the stores are Monday to Thursday 10 am to 11 pm, and Friday to Sunday 10 am to midnight.
Evening performances of the Dubai Fountain start at 6 pm and run every half hour until 11 pm. There are also afternoon shows at 1 pm and 1.30 pm (Fridays 1.30 pm and 2 pm).
Information desks are located throughout the mall and offer maps of the Dubai Mall and store listings. Facilities and services include toilets, free WiFi, baby changing rooms, prayer rooms, plus wheelchair and stroller hire.
Getting There & Directions
Every taxi driver in Dubai will know how to get to the Dubai Mall. Departing by taxi is easy. The main taxi rank is situated on the ground floor close to the Waitrose supermarket. There’s always a huge line of taxis waiting to pick up passengers. There’s no need to book.
Visitors arriving by car should leave Sheikh Zayed Road at Interchange 1 and take Financial Centre Road (previously Doha Street) to the Dubai Mall. It is clearly signposted.
The mall boasts spaces for over 14,000 vehicles in three multi-storey car parks; Grand Parking, Fashion Parking, and Cinema Parking.
The mall is extremely large so it is best to park near the intended destination:
- Grand Parking Level 1 – for Galeries Lafayette, Paris Gallery, Grand Atrium, Dubai Aquarium, and Bloomingdale’s
- Fashion Parking Level LG – for At The Top Burj Khalifa
- Fashion Parking Level G or 1 – for Fashion Avenue
- Cinema Parking Level G – for the Dubai Ice Rink
- Cinema Parking Level 1 – for Debenhams, Marks & Spencer
- Cinema Parking Level 2 – for KidZania and Reel Cinemas
Valet parking and car washing services are available.
It’s a fair distance from the station to the mall. The Metro Link Bridge opened in 2012 and connects the station directly to the mall. It’s enclosed and fully air-conditioned and features airport-style travellators. Walking the ½ mile walkway take around 10 minutes.
Those not wishing to walk, can take a feeder bus from the Metro station to the mall.
Bus service 27 goes to the Dubai Mall and departs from the Gold Souk Bus Station in Deira.
Hotels near the Dubai Mall include The Armani Hotel Dubai, Manzil Downtown Dubai, The Address Dubai Mall, The Palace Downtown Dubai, Vida Downtown Dubai, The Address Boulevard Dubai, and Rove Downtown Dubai.
Map showing location of The Dubai Mall.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
The Dubai Mall
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Karolis Kavolelis, JohnKruger, Alpha Spotting/Shutterstock