KidZania is a children’s edutainment theme park at the Dubai Mall in Downtown Dubai. It offers youngsters the opportunity to experience adult life through role play in a child-sized city.
The city offers a full range of establishments found in a real city such as a hospital, police and fire stations, restaurants, a supermarket, factories, a theatre, construction site, and beauty salon. Many of the businesses are sponsored and branded by real companies and this actually adds an element of realism to the experience.
Children enter KidZania by checking in at the Emirates desks at KidZania International Airport. Here they are given a special tag that prevents them from leaving the attraction without the same adults that checked them in.
On entering KidZania each child receives a cheque for 50 KidZos, the official currency, which they can change or deposit at the bank. KidZos can be spent just like real money; for example at the supermarket, restaurant or hairdressers.
To earn more money in KidZania children must get a job and work. Over 80 jobs are available including barber, beautician, cabin crew, pilot, dentist, house painter, firefighter, and customs officer. Children dress up in realistic uniforms and perform guided tasks to earn their wage.
Businesses and organisations at KidZania include Dubai Customs (children check goods and luggage for prohibited items), Emirates Driving Institute (children learn safe driving rules to obtain their driving licence so they can rent a car at KidZania), TNT (children can earn KidZos delivering parcels), Coca Cola (bottling plant), Waitrose (supermarket), Britannia (biscuit factory), and Chevrolet (car dealership).
KidZania encourages children to think and act independently. They are allowed to move freely throughout the city and make their own choices about which jobs to take and how to spend their KidZos. Parents of children over 120 cm in height can leave their children in KidZania, safe in the knowledge that they are unable to leave without them (smaller children require supervision). Parents that choose to enter the attraction can either observe them experiencing the activities or relax in the parent’s lounge.
KidZania is open every day of the week. Opening hours are Sunday to Wednesday, 9 am to 10 pm, Thursday 9 am to midnight, and Friday and Saturday 10 am to midnight.
Prices are currently 95 AED for toddlers (2 – 3 years), 140 AED for children (4 -16), and 95 AED for adults (17+). Infants (under 2) enjoy free admission. Adults must be accompanied by a child.
‘Real’ facilities include ATMs, toilets, first aid room, and some food and beverage outlets where real money is required (McDonald’s, Baskin Robbins, Pizza Express, Dunkin Donuts, and Pronto Café.
KidZania is located on the 2nd floor of the Dubai Mall, close to Reel Cinemas. The nearest car park is the Cinema Parking area.
Tourist attractions and things to do near KidZania include:
- Dubai Ice Rink (0.1 miles) - Ice skating rink at the Dubai Mall
- The Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo (0.2 miles) - Aquarium at the Dubai Mall.
- Dubai Fountain (0.3 miles) - Musical fountain at Downtown Dubai
- At The Top – Burj Khalifa Observation Deck (0.4 miles) - The tallest building in the world
- Dubai Opera (0.5 miles) - Performing arts venue at Downtown Dubai.
Cinemas near KidZania include:
- Reel Cinemas Dubai Mall (0.1 miles) - 26-screen cinema at the Dubai Mall.
- Reel Cinemas Rove Downtown (0.5 miles) - Boutique cinema at the Rove Downtown Dubai.
Places to shop near KidZania include:
- The Dubai Mall (0.2 miles) - Home to over 1,000 retail stores
- Souk Al Bahar (0.2 miles) - Souk near the Dubai Mall.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near KidZania include:
- Entrecote Café de Paris (0.1 miles) - French restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers excellent view of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Texas Roadhouse (0.1 miles) - American restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers steaks, ribs, chicken, and burgers. Large portions. Reasonably priced. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Outdoor terrace offers view of the Dubai Fountain.
- The Grilll Shack (0.1 miles) - Open kitchen. Good view of the Dubai Ice Rink.
- Tribes Carnivore (0.2 miles) - African-inspired restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Terrace offers good views of the Dubai Fountain. Unlicensed.
- Claw (0.2 miles) - Lively American bar and grill at Souk Al Bahar. Menu includes bucket of crabs and shellfish, burgers, seafood, steaks, and BBQ dishes. Licensed bar. Ladies’ nights, live sports, and Friday brunch.
- Asado (0.3 miles) - Argentinian grill at the Palace Downtown. Waterfront terrace offers great view of the Burj Khalifa.
- Ewaan (0.3 miles) - Arabic restaurant on the ground floor of the Palace Downtown. Live cooking stations. Friday brunch. Indoor and outdoor seating. View of the Burj Khalifa.
- Thiptara (0.3 miles) - Thai restaurant at the Palace Downtown. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Terrace overlooks the Burj Lake and offers good views of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- At.mosphere (0.4 miles) - Restaurant and lounge on Level 122 of the Burj Khalifa. Booking essential for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Bayside Restaurant and Terrace (0.8 miles) - Buffet restaurant at the Steigenberger Hotel Business Bay. Friday brunch. Licensed. Terrace overlooks the Dubai Water Canal.
- The Backyard (0.8 miles) - Street art inspired terrace at the Steigenberger Hotel Business Bay. Street food menu. DJs. Licensed.
- Miss Tess (0.8 miles) - Asian street food restaurant at the Taj Dubai in Business Bay. Offers a terrace with great view of the Burj Khalifa. Licensed. Great signature cocktails. Live entertainment. DJs.
- Bombay Brasserie (0.8 miles) - High-end Indian restaurant at the Taj Dubai in Business Bay. Features an open kitchen and luxurious interior. Offers good views of Burj Khalifa.
- 24th St. World Street Food (0.9 miles) - Licensed restaurant on the 24th floor of the Dusit Thani. Street food concept offering dishes from around the world (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Arabic etc.). Vibrant and colourful interior.
- Mint Leaf of London (0.9 miles) - Contemporary Indian restaurant on the 15th floor of the South Tower of Emirates Financial Towers, DIFC. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer great views of the Burj Khalifa.
- Al Grissino (1 miles) - Italian restaurant on the 16th floor of the South Tower of Emirates Financial Towers, DIFC. Unique bar offers spectacular views of the Dubai skyline.
Hotels near KidZania include:
- Manzil Downtown (0.3 miles)
- Address Boulevard (0.5 miles)
- DAMAC Maison Distinction (0.5 miles)
- Vida Downtown (0.5 miles)
- Roda Al Murooj Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Rove Downtown (0.6 miles)
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Canal View (0.6 miles)
- Millennium Central Downtown (0.6 miles)
- Sofitel Dubai Downtown (0.8 miles)
- Taj Dubai (0.8 miles)
- Dusit Thani Dubai (0.9 miles)
- Gulf Court Hotel Business Bay (0.9 miles)
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Waterfront (1 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near KidZania include:
- Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Metro Station (0.8 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Map showing location of KidZania.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
United Arab Emirates