The Dubai Ice Rink is an Olympic-sized ice skating rink at the Dubai Mall in Downtown Dubai. It is the largest and best-equipped rink in the city. It’s situated on the ground floor of the mall but extends up to the second floor.
Public skating sessions run every day in 1.5 hour slots from 10 am until late in the evening. Disco and Snowfall sessions (with falling snow) are held on weekday evenings and at weekends.
Prices for a standard weekday daytime session at the time of writing (October 2019) are 75 AED for adults and 40 AED for children. Use these exchange rates to calculate the equivalent cost in your home currency. Prices for evening sessions and at weekends (Friday and Saturday in Dubai) are slightly higher.
Reduced priced sessions are offered on weekdays (10 am skating slot).
Tickets can be purchased online from the official Dubai Ice Rink website (see information box at the end of this page). They can also be bought at the ticket office.
Penguin skating aids can also be hired to help youngsters maintain their balance and develop the correct stance. Adults can hire Snowman skating aids.
Lessons are also available but must be booked in advance. Group and individual tuition is available.
The Dubai Ice Rink also hosts Emirates Hockey League games. Free seating is available. Matches can also be watched from the shopping mall balconies overlooking the rink.
Facilities at the rink include lockers, a snack bar, spectator seating, and a skate shop selling a range of skating merchandise such as figure and hockey skates, t-shirts, ice hockey sticks, pucks, and more.
The Dubai Ice Rink is situated on the ground floor of the Dubai Mall. Timings are 10 am to 11.45 pm every day.
Visitors are advised to check on the official website to ensure the rink is not booked for a special event before setting off.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Dubai Ice Rink include:
- KidZania (0.1 miles) - Edutainment centre at the Dubai Mall.
- The Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo (0.1 miles) - Aquarium at the Dubai Mall.
- Dubai Fountain (0.3 miles) - Musical fountain at Downtown Dubai
- At The Top – Burj Khalifa Observation Deck (0.4 miles) - The tallest building in the world
- Dubai Opera (0.5 miles) - Performing arts venue at Downtown Dubai.
Cinemas near Dubai Ice Rink include:
- Reel Cinemas Dubai Mall (0.0 miles) - 26-screen cinema at the Dubai Mall.
- Reel Cinemas Rove Downtown (0.4 miles) - Boutique cinema at the Rove Downtown Dubai.
Places to shop near Dubai Ice Rink include:
- The Dubai Mall (0.1 miles) - Home to over 1,000 retail stores
- Souk Al Bahar (0.3 miles) - Souk near the Dubai Mall.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Dubai Ice Rink include:
- Entrecote Café de Paris (0.1 miles) - French restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers excellent view of the Dubai Mall Waterfall.
- Texas Roadhouse (0.1 miles) - American restaurant at the Dubai Mall. Offers steaks, ribs, chicken, and burgers. Large portions. Reasonably priced. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Outdoor terrace offers view of the Dubai Fountain.
- Claw (0.2 miles) - Lively American bar and grill at Souk Al Bahar. Menu includes bucket of crabs and shellfish, burgers, seafood, steaks, and BBQ dishes. Licensed bar. Ladies’ nights, live sports, and Friday brunch.
- Asado (0.3 miles) - Argentinian grill at the Palace Downtown. Waterfront terrace offers great view of the Burj Khalifa.
- Thiptara (0.4 miles) - Thai restaurant at the Palace Downtown. Indoor and outdoor dining areas. Terrace overlooks the Burj Lake and offers good views of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
- Ewaan (0.4 miles) - Arabic restaurant on the ground floor of the Palace Downtown. Live cooking stations. Friday brunch. Indoor and outdoor seating. View of the Burj Khalifa.
- At.mosphere (0.4 miles) - Restaurant and lounge on Level 122 of the Burj Khalifa. Booking essential for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Mint Leaf of London (0.8 miles) - Contemporary Indian restaurant on the 15th floor of the South Tower of Emirates Financial Towers, DIFC. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer great views of the Burj Khalifa.
- Al Grissino (0.9 miles) - Italian restaurant on the 16th floor of the South Tower of Emirates Financial Towers, DIFC. Unique bar offers spectacular views of the Dubai skyline.
- Bombay Brasserie (0.9 miles) - High-end Indian restaurant at the Taj Dubai in Business Bay. Features an open kitchen and luxurious interior. Offers good views of Burj Khalifa.
Hotels near Dubai Ice Rink include:
- Rove Downtown Dubai (0.2 miles)
- DAMAC Maison Mall Street (0.2 miles)
- The Address Dubai Mall Hotel (0.3 miles)
- The Palace Downtown Dubai (0.4 miles)
- Armani Hotel Dubai (0.4 miles)
- Manzil Downtown Dubai (0.4 miles)
- Roda Al Murooj Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Ramada Downtown Dubai (0.6 miles)
- Vida Downtown Dubai (0.6 miles)
- M Hotel Downtown (0.6 miles)
- DAMAC Maison Canal Views (0.7 miles)
- Sofitel Dubai Downtown (0.8 miles)
- Dusit Thani (0.8 miles)
- Taj Dubai (0.8 miles)
- Steigenberger Hotel - Business Bay (0.9 miles)
- Carlton Downtown Hotel (0.9 miles)
- Emirates Grand Hotel (0.9 miles)
- Shangri La Hotel Dubai (1 miles)
- DAMAC Maison Cour Jardin (1 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Dubai Ice Rink include:
- Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Metro Station (0.8 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Map showing location of Dubai Ice Rink.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Dubai Ice Rink
United Arab Emirates