Dubai Creek Park is a large public park in the Umm Hurair area of the city. It offers acres of landscaped gardens and lawns, shaded paths, and a good selection of family attractions.
It is also known as Creekside Park.
Attractions and Things to Do
The Dubai Dolphinarium and Children’s City are located at the southern end of Creek Park. Dubai Dolphinarium is an indoor attraction offering dolphin and seal shows. Children’s City is an educational centre for kids with hands-on exhibits. Both are reasonably priced.
A promenade walkway runs along the bank of the Dubai Creek. It offers great views of sailing boats and the Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club on the other side of the water.
Creek Park boasts several play areas. All have modern equipment (swings, slides, climbing frames etc.) and offer shade. Bikes can also be rented from a concession near the main entrance (Gate 1).
The park is a popular spot of family picnics. Designated BBQ areas offer grills and seating.
There’s a beach area at the southern end of the park, plus an amphitheatre occasionally used for concerts and events.
The cable car in Creek Park closed for safety reasons around 2015. It has now been dismantled.
Facilities include food kiosks, prayer rooms, and toilets.
Tickets to enter Creek Park in 2020 cost just 5 AED (£1.1, €1.23, $1.36). Payment is by Nol card (contactless travel card) only. Entry is free for children under 2 and the disabled.
The entrance fee does not include entry to Dubai Dolphinarium or Children’s City. These are priced separately.
The park is open every day of the week. Timings Sunday to Wednesday are 8 am to 11 pm. Opening hours Thursday to Saturday are 8 am to 11.30 pm.
Creek Park gets busy on public holidays. Opening times on these days are 8 am to midnight.
Location and Gates
Creek Park is located in the Umm Hurair district of Dubai. The nearest Dubai Metro station is Dubai Healthcare City, around 1/3 mile from the park entrance. Dubai Healthcare City Metro Station is on the Green Line.
The park offers plenty of car parking spaces. There are 3 car parks. One at the northern end of the park, one for the central area, and one at the southern end (convenient for Children’s City and the Dubai Dolphinarium).
There are 5 main gates:
- Gate 1 – Main entrance, for Dubai Dolphinarium and Children’s City
- Gate 2 – Entrance from southern car park, for Dubai Dolphinarium and Children’s City
- Gate 3 – Near the central area of the park
- Gate 4 – Near the central area of the park, entrance from car park
- Gate 5 – At the northern end of the park, near Al Ittihad Road, entrance from car park
Tourist attractions and things to do near Dubai Creek Park include:
- Dubai Dolphinarium (0.1 miles) - Dolphin shows at Creek Park
- Dubai Children’s City (0.1 miles) - Educational centre for children between two and fifteen years old
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Dubai Creek Park include:
- La Tablita (0.2 miles) - Mexican restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights. Friday brunch with unlimited margaritas.
- Sufra (0.2 miles) - All-day restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights. Licensed.
- Market24 (0.2 miles) - Casual cafe in the lobby of the Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights. Predominantly Asian menu.
- Eve Penthouse and Lounge (0.2 miles) - Rooftop bar on the 34th floor of the Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights. Shisha, resident DJ, and great views of the city.
- Andiamo! (0.4 miles) - Italian restaurant at the Grand Hyatt. Indoor area with open kitchen. Outdoor seating with pergolas. Licensed.
- Awtar (0.5 miles) - Lebanese restaurant at the Grand Hyatt. Live music and belly dancing.
Hotels near Dubai Creek Park include:
- Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights (0.2 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Dubai Creek Park include:
- Dubai Healthcare City Metro Station (0.4 miles) - Metro station on the Green Line.
Map showing location of Dubai Creek Park.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Dubai Creek Park
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Kirill Neiezhmakov/Shutterstock