92 is the country code for Pakistan.
Islamabad is the capital city of Pakistan.
How to Call Pakistan from Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
To call a telephone number in Pakistan from Dubai (United Arab Emirates):
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Pakistan - 92.
- Dial the subscriber number, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Landlines – City/Area Codes in Pakistan
Area codes for a selection of cities in Pakistan are listed below:
- Bahawalpur – 62
- Dera Ghazi Khan – 64
- Faisalabad – 41
- Gujranwala – 55
- Gujrat – 53
- Hyderabad – 22
- Islamabad – 51
- Jhang – 47
- Karachi – 21
- Kasur – 49
- Lahore – 42
- Larkana – 74
- Mardan – 937
- Multan – 61
- Nawabshah – 244
- Okara – 44
- Peshawar – 91
- Quetta – 81
- Rahim Yar Khan – 68
- Rawalpindi – 51
- Sahiwal – 40
- Sargodha – 48
- Sheikhupura – 56
- Sialkot – 52
- Sukkur – 71
A 0 prefix is used with the area code when calling a landline number from a different area within Pakistan or from a Pakistani mobile.
Do not dial the 0 prefix or area code when telephoning from a landline in the same area.
Do not use the 0 prefix with the area code when calling from overseas.
For example, to call a number in Karachi XXXXXXX :
- From a landline in Karachi dial XXXXXXX.
- From a landline in Pakistan outside Karachi, dial 021-XXXXXXX.
- From a mobile phone in Pakistan, dial 021-XXXXXXX.
- From overseas, dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Pakistan (92), the area code without the 0, then the subscriber number e.g. 00-92-21-XXXXXXX or +92-21-XXXXXXX.
Mobile Telephone Numbers in Pakistan
Mobile phone numbers in Pakistan are 10 digits long.
They begin with 3.
To call a mobile phone number in Pakistan from overseas, dial the international exit call prefix (00/+), the Pakistan country code (92), and then the subscriber number e.g. 00-92-3XXXXXXXXX or +92-3XXXXXXXXX.
To call a mobile phone number in Pakistan from within Pakistan, dial the prefix 0 and then the number e.g. 0-3XXXXXXXXX.
When calling Pakistan from the United Arab Emirates, please note there is a time difference between Pakistan and the UAE.
The current time in the UAE is . The date is .
The time in Pakistan is now . The date is .
The time difference between UAE and Pakistan is 1 hour.
The official currency of Pakistan is the Pakistani rupee (PKR).
Current exchange rates between the UAE dirham and the Pakistani rupee (PKR to AED, AED to PKR) are:
- 1 Pakistani rupee (PKR) = 0.023 AED
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 43.12 PKR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Pakistan is a huge country in South Asia. It is bordered by India, Iran, Afghanistan, and China. The Arabian Sea lies off the southern coastline.
The capital of Pakistan is Islamabad. Karachi is the city with the biggest population.
Pakistan was created in 1947 with the partition of India at the end of British rule.
Official languages are Urdu and English. English is used in the courts and education system.
Islam is the official religion. Almost all Pakistanis are Muslim. The majority are Sunni.
Pakistan is one of a handful of states that has nuclear weapons.
Useful information about Pakistan
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): PK
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): PAK
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Islamabad
- Area: 881,912 square km
- Language(s): English, Urdu
- Borders: Afghanistan, China, India, Iran
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Pakistan in recent years is:
- 2018 - 212,215,030
- 2017 - 207,896,686
- 2016 - 203,627,284
- 2015 - 199,426,964
- 2014 - 195,306,825
- 2013 - 191,262,919
- 2012 - 187,281,475
- 2011 - 183,340,592
- 2010 - 179,424,641
- 2009 - 175,525,609
- 2008 - 171,648,986
- 2007 - 167,808,105
- 2006 - 164,022,627
- 2005 - 160,304,008
- 2004 - 156,664,697
- 2003 - 153,093,373
- 2002 - 149,549,700
- 2001 - 145,978,402
- 2000 - 142,343,578
- 1999 - 138,624,621
- 1998 - 134,843,233
Map of Pakistan
The location of Pakistan can be seen on the map below.