Al Ghurair Centre (previously Al Ghurair City) opened in 1980 and was Dubai’s first large shopping mall.
Situated in Deira, in the heart of the old city, it is home to over 300 stores and a good selection restaurants and fast food outlets.
Large stores at the mall include Sun & Sand Sports, Jashanmal (department store), Marks & Spencer, Iconic (fashion), Max (fashion), Emax (electronics and IT), SportsOne (sports store), Carrefour (hypermarket), Centrepoint (department store), and Matalan.
List of Shops
Shops at Al Ghurair Centre are listed below.
- 3M – Vehicle window tinting and paint protection.
- Adidas – Sportswear.
- Aeropostale – Casual apparel.
- Ajmal – Perfumes.
- Al Dirham – Mobile phones, tablets, mobile phone cases and screen protectors, watches etc. Repairs (phones, laptops, watches etc.).
- Aldo Accessories
- Al Ghurair International Exchange
- Al Haramain – Arabic fragrances.
- Al Jaber Optical – Eyewear and optical services.
- Al Manara Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Arabian Oud – Perfumes.
- Athlet's Co Kids
- Balmain – French fashion house.
- Basel Watch Company – Watches.
- Bebe – Womenswear.
- Bench – Fashion.
- Bentati – Fashion accessories and jewellery.
- Beverly Hills Polo Club – Fashion.
- Beyond the Beach – Fashionable swimwear.
- Billabong – Australian fashion and sportswear.
- Birkenstock – German sandals and footwear.
- Borders – Books, games, consoles, CDs, DVDs, toys etc.
- Calzedonia – Italian beachwear, swimsuits, socks, tights, and leggings.
- Carducci – Italian fashion.
- Carolina Boix – Shoes, bags and accessories by Spanish designer Carolina Boix.
- Carrefour – Hypermarket.
- Cartoon – Fashion.
- CAT – Shoes and clothing.
- Centrepoint – Department store.
- City Sightseeing Dubai – Bus tours of Dubai.
- Clarks – Shoe shop.
- Converse – Footwear.
- Crocs – Footwear.
- Damas – Jewellery and watches.
- du – Telecommunications.
- Dune – Footwear, handbags, and accessories.
- Dynamics Sports – Skate shop.
- Emax – Electronics store.
- Early Learning Centre – Educational toys, games, and gifts.
- Elegance Optics
- Emilio Guido – Italian menswear (suits, shirts, shoes, and accessories).
- Etisalat – Telecommunications.
- Exquisite – Perfumes, cosmetics, hair and beauty products.
- F&F – Affordable fashion for men, women, and children.
- Felwa Textiles
- Flormar – Italian cosmetics.
- Forever 52 (Kiosk)
- French Connection – Fashion.
- G-Factory – Casio watches.
- G2000 – Business fashion for men and women.
- Giordano – Fashion.
- GNC – Vitamins, minerals, sports nutrition and diet products.
- Grand Optics - Eyewear.
- Hanayen – Arabic womenswear.
- Havaianas – Brazilian flip-flops.
- Hilfiger Denim – Casualwear.
- HiPhone Telecom – Mobile phones and mobile phone accessories.
- Hour Choice – Watches.
- I Am – Women’s fashion accessories and jewellery.
- Iconic – Fashion for men, women, and children.
- Inglot – Cosmetics.
- Ipanema – Brazilian footwear.
- Isukoshi – Massage chairs.
- Jashanmal – Home products.
- Jawhara Jewelery
- Jennyfer – French womenswear.
- Jockey – Underwear for women and men.
- Koton – Fashion.
- L’Occitane – Skincare, fragrances, haircare, bath and body products etc.
- Lamour Abaya & Sheila
- La Senza – Lingerie, underwear, nightwear, and swimwear.
- Layal – Cosmetics and fragrances.
- Life Pharmacy
- Lifestyle – Home products and decor, beauty products, and fashion accessories. Part of Centrepoint.
- Lifestyle Jewelery
- Longines – Swiss watches.
- Lovisa – Jewellery and accessories.
- Mango – Spanish fashion.
- Marcha Ballerina – Women’s shoes.
- Marco Azzali
- Marco Barocco – Menswear.
- Marks & Spencer – Fashion, footwear, and accessories for men, women, and children.
- Matalan – Discount store offering clothes, footwear, and accessories for all the family.
- Max – Value fashion.
- MBME (Kiosk)
- Merrell – Footwear and outdoor clothing.
- Miniso – Japanese concept store offering a range of products including household items, kitchenware, gift, bags, fashion accessories etc.
- Mosafer – Luggage, bags, wallets, and travel accessories.
- Mumuso – Korean fashion and home products.
- myHealth Medical Centre – Healthcare services.
- NanoState – Scratch-resistant coatings for mobile phones and touchscreen devices.
- Naz Textiles
- Nine West – Women’s shoes and accessories.
- Nishat Linen – Pakistani fashion.
- Oakley – Sunglasses.
- Occhiali – Designer frames, contact lenses, and sunglasses.
- OSN (Kiosk)
- Oud Elite – Arabian ouds and perfumes.
- Pairs – Footwear.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Paris Hilton – Women’s bags and accessories.
- Pavers England – Shoes, bags, and fashion accessories.
- Petals by Carmille
- Pierre Cardin – Designer clothes and accessories.
- Plagonni – Leather accessories for men and women.
- Police – Sunglasses and accessories.
- Popley – Jewellery and watches.
- Quiksilver – Surfwear.
- R&B – Affordable clothes and footwear for all the family.
- Rasasi – Perfumes.
- Raymond – Made-to-measure suits.
- Redtag – Fashion and home products.
- Reebok – Sportswear.
- Rivoli – Watches.
- Royal Furniture – Furniture.
- Sebago – US boat/deck shoes for men and women.
- Seidensticker – German label offering tailored shirts and blouses.
- Shoe Mart – Footwear. Part of Centrepoint.
- Shoe Studio – Multi-brand shoe store.
- Shoexpress – Value shoe store.
- Skechers – Footwear.
- Spinneys – Supermarket.
- Splash – Fashion for all the family. Part of Centrepoint.
- Sports Direct
- Springfield – Fashion.
- Stadium – Sports store.
- Sun & Sand Sports – Sportswear and sports equipment.
- Swatch – Watches.
- Talis – Affordable fashion for men and women.
- Ted Lapidus – Fashion.
- The Body Shop – Ethically-produced cosmetics, fragrances, hair products, body lotions and scrubs, toiletries etc.
- The Children’s Place – Clothes and shoes for kids.
- The Face Shop – Korean store offering cosmetics, skin and body care products, hair products etc.
- Vans – Iconic American footwear.
- Verona – Textiles.
- Vince Camuto – Women’s shoes, bags, and accessories.
- Yateem Optician – Opticians.
- Yves Rocher – French perfumes and cosmetics.
Listings were last updated on .
The mall boasts more than 70 food and drink outlets. The food court is situated on the second floor. Places to eat and drink here include Nawab, Hatam, KFC, and Tapa King. Restaurants elsewhere include Papa John’s, Nando’s, Pizza Hut, and Starbucks. Many of these have outdoor seating areas.
Places to Eat & Drink
Restaurants, cafes and places to eat and drink at Al Ghurair Centre are listed below.
- All the Perks – Cafe serving coffee, sandwiches, salads, pastries, and desserts. Indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Atisuto – Japanese restaurant.
- Baskin Robbins – Ice cream and desserts.
- Bestoon Samad – Iraqi restaurant.
- Big Apple Bagels Cafe
- Bikanervala – Indian
- Caffe Divino – Coffee, tea, salads, sandwiches, and desserts.
- Charleys (Second Floor Food Court) – Philly steaks, subs, and gourmet fries.
- Chimney Cake Factory
- Chinese Palace – Chinese restaurant.
- Chowking – Restaurant offering Chinese and Oriental dishes.
- Cinnabon – Cinnamon rolls.
- Crazy Phil’s (Second Floor Food Court) – Sandwiches, salads, and fries.
- Denny's – American restaurant. Indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Din Tai Fung – Asian restaurant.
- Espressamente Illy – Coffeehouse.
- Gelato Divino – Ice cream kiosk.
- Gerard – Cafe. Menu includes salads, soup, sandwiches, pizza, and pasta. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Hatam (Second Floor Food Court) – Persian.
- India Palace – Indian restaurant.
- Jollibee – Burgers, fried chicken, hotdogs etc.
- Kababji Grill – Lebanese restaurant.
- KFC (Second Floor Food Court) – Fried chicken.
- KimChikin – Korean restaurant.
- Krispy Kreme – Kiosk serving doughnuts.
- Lemon Bar (Second Floor Food Court) – Juices, smoothies, and hot beverages.
- London Dairy (Second Floor Food Court) – Ice cream, desserts, and shakes.
- Man’oushe Street – Lebanese restaurant. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Max's Restaurant
- McDonald’s – American fast food.
- Mio Cafe
- Nando’s – Portuguese restaurant known for its peri-peri chicken.
- Nawab (Second Floor Food Court) – Indian.
- Papa John’s – Pizza and pasta.
- Pappa Rotti – Coated buns and beverages.
- Pastarito Pizzarito (Second Floor Food Court) – Pasta and pizza.
- Paul – French cafe and bakery. Outdoor seating available.
- Pizza Hut – Pizza and pasta. Indoor and outdoor dining areas.
- Seattle’s Best Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- Second Cup – Coffeehouse.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse. Outdoor seating available.
- Tapa King (Second Floor Food Court) – Filipino.
- TGI Fridays – American/Italian/Tex-Mex restaurant.
- The Choco Monarch Coffee Shop
- TurkWay (Second Floor Food Court) – Turkish fast food.
- Umami (Second Floor Food Court) – Japanese.
- Wendy’s (Second Floor Food Court) – Burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, and fries.
- Wok&Go (Second Floor Food Court) – Asian.
- Yakitate – Japanese restaurant.
The mall’s customer service desk is located on the ground floor. It offers mall directories and maps in several languages (including Arabic and English), wheelchairs, and a lost and found service. Other facilities at the mall include toilets and baby changing areas, ATMs, an Etisalat bill payment machine, and a currency exchange. Prayer rooms for men and women are also available.
The mall is open 7 days a week. Opening times are Sunday to Wednesday 10 am to 10 pm, and Thursday to Saturday 10 am to midnight.
Al Ghurair City is situated on Al Rigga Road in the Deira area of Dubai. Outdoor and covered parking facilities are available.
The mall is within easy walking distance of the Union Metro Station. This is a transfer station on both the Red Line and the Green Line, offering quick and easy access to and from most areas of the city. Al Rigga Metro Station (Red Line) and Salah Al Din Metro Station (Green Line) are also nearby.
Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana hotel is linked to the mall. The 5-star property offers 428 rooms and suites, several restaurants (alcohol free), a fitness centre, and swimming pool. Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana hotel apartments are also here and cater to both long and short-term visitors.
Map showing location of Al Ghurair Centre.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Al Ghurair Centre
Al Rigga Road
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Ritu Manoj Jethani/Shutterstock