Al Ghurair Centre (previously Al Ghurair City) opened in 1980 and was Dubai’s first large shopping mall.
Situated in Deira, in the heart of the old city, it is home to over 300 stores and a good selection restaurants and fast food outlets.
Large stores at the mall include Sun & Sand Sports, Jashanmal (department store), Marks & Spencer, Emax (electronics and IT), Carrefour (hypermarket), Centrepoint (department store), and Matalan.
The mall boasts more than 70 food and drink outlets. The food court is situated on the second floor. Places to eat and drink here include McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, and KFC. Restaurants elsewhere include Papa John’s, Nando’s, and Paul. Many of these have outdoor seating areas.
Reel Cinemas opened an 18-screen cinema complex here in 2019.
The mall’s customer service desk is located on the ground floor. It offers mall directories and maps in several languages (including Arabic and English), wheelchairs, and a lost and found service. Other facilities at the mall include toilets and baby changing areas, ATMs, an Etisalat bill payment machine, and a currency exchange. Prayer rooms for men and women are also available.
The mall is open 7 days a week. Opening times are Sunday to Wednesday 10 am to 10 pm, and Thursday to Saturday 10 am to midnight.
Al Ghurair City is situated on Al Rigga Road in the Deira area of Dubai. Outdoor and covered parking facilities are available.
The mall is within easy walking distance of the Union Metro Station. This is a transfer station on both the Red Line and the Green Line, offering quick and easy access to and from most areas of the city. Salah Al Din Metro Station (Green Line) is also nearby.
The closest bus station is Union Square Bus Station.
Cinemas near Al Ghurair Centre include:
- Reel Cinemas Al Ghurair Centre (0.0 miles) - 18-screen cinema at Al Ghurair Centre.
- Novo Cinemas Al Ghurair Centre (0.1 miles) - 8-screen cinema at Al Ghurair Centre.
Places to shop near Al Ghurair Centre include:
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Al Ghurair Centre include:
- Yum! (0.4 miles) - Pan-Asian restaurant with open kitchen. Dishes from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore etc.
- The Pub (0.4 miles) - British-style pub. Cosy interior with wood-panelled walls.
- Aseelah (0.4 miles) - Arabic restaurant at the Radisson Blu. Licensed. Entertainment and belly dancing.
- Creekside Japanese Restaurant (0.5 miles) - Japanese restaurant at the Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel and Towers in Deira. Buffet nights feature various Asian cuisines. Terrace offers good views of the Dubai Creek.
Hotels near Al Ghurair Centre include:
- Swissôtel Al Ghurair Dubai (0.1 miles)
- Jonrad Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Landmark Grand Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Comfort Inn Hotel Deira (0.1 miles)
- Landmark Riqqa Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Le Wana Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Royalton Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Claridge Hotel - Dubai (0.2 miles)
- OYO 101 Click Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Lavender Hotel Deira (0.3 miles)
- Ibis Al Rigga (0.3 miles)
- Click City Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Dorus Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Lotus Retreat Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Ramada by Wyndham Dubai Deira (0.4 miles)
- Versailles by Raviz Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Grand Square Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Carlton Palace Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek (0.4 miles)
- Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers (0.4 miles)
- Marco Polo Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Al Sarab Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Samaya Hotel Deira (0.5 miles)
- Africana Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Mark Inn Hotel Deira (0.5 miles)
Map showing location of Al Ghurair Centre.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Al Ghurair Centre
Al Rigga Road
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Ritu Manoj Jethani/Shutterstock