Ain Dubai (the Dubai Eye) is the world’s biggest observation wheel. Construction began in 2015 and is almost complete. It is expected to open at the end of 2020.
With a height of around 210 metres, it is considerably bigger than the High Roller is Las Vegas; 168 metres and the world’s tallest since 2014. It dwarfs the London Eye (135 metres).
Places to shop near Ain Dubai include:
- The Beach (0.5 miles) - Open-air mall at Jumeirah Beach Residence.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Ain Dubai include:
- The Selfish Bull (0.1 miles) - Restaurant at The Wharf. Offering steaks, burgers and seafood (including lobster). Licensed to serve alcohol. Located near the base of Ain Dubai. Outdoor seating area with good views of Jumeirah Beach Residence.
- Un Dimanche a Paris (0.2 miles) - Parisian restaurant at The Wharf. Indoor and outdoor seating. Great pastries and chocolates. Licensed.
- Cove Beach (0.2 miles) - Beach club with 3 swimming pools, cabanas, loungers, Jacuzzis etc. Live music, DJs, and more.
- Laurel Bar (0.2 miles) - Bar and lounge at Ceasars Palace Bluewaters Dubai. Outdoor area with great views of the Arabian Gulf. Ladies nights and live music.
- Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen (0.2 miles) - Fine dining restaurant by Michelin-starred celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.
- Zhen Wei (0.2 miles) - Offers Chinese favourites including dim sum.
- Eggspectation (0.6 miles) - Menu offers a wide range of breakfast items and egg-based dishes, but also includes salads, burgers, sandwiches etc. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Wavebreaker (0.6 miles) - Casual beach restaurant and bar at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, The Walk, Jumeirah Beach Residence. Offers burgers, smoked and grilled food, sandwiches, salads etc. Happy hour. Large screen TV shows big sporting events.
Hotels near Ain Dubai include:
- Caesars Resort Bluewaters (0.2 miles)
- Caesars Palace Bluewaters Dubai (0.2 miles)
Map showing location of Ain Dubai.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Michael Regeer/Shutterstock