The Beach is a unique beachfront mall/leisure destination in the Jumeirah Beach Residence area of Dubai.
It’s a sleek and open-air mall with pedestrian walkways and low-rise buildings; quite unlike any of the other shopping centres in Dubai.
The mall is heavily geared toward dining and leisure and boasts over 30 restaurants, a cinema, a children’s playground, and a water park.
The public beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and enjoying the incredible views of the Arabian Gulf.
Whether you’re looking for a place to relax and unwind or a fun-filled day out, The Beach is the perfect destination.
List of Stores
The Beach is a great place to find everything you need for a perfect day by the water. There are plenty of shops selling swimwear, sunglasses, sunscreen, and all the other beach essentials.
If you're looking for a souvenir to remember your trip, there are plenty of options for that as well.
Shops at The Beach include:
- Adidas – Sportswear.
- Adventure HQ – Outdoor gear and clothing.
- All Day – Convenience store.
- Bath & Body Works – Bath and shower gels, skin care products, soaps, fragrances, home fragrances, candles etc.
- Caha Capo
- Carmen - Jewellery, bags, and accessories.
- I Love Dubai – Dubai gifts and souvenirs.
- L'Couture - Activewear for women.
- Lacoste – Casualwear.
- Life Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Mothercare – Children’s fashion, baby essentials, nursery furniture, pushchairs, and more.
- Muji - Japanese variety store.
- My Vapery - Vape shop.
- Opatra London - Skincare.
- Patrizia Pepe – Italian fashion label.
- Pink Salt - Womenswear.
- Rebel Swell - Swimwear and beachwear.
- River Island – Fashion for men, women, and children.
- Sephora – Cosmetics, skincare products, and perfumes.
- Sun Eye – Sunglasses and frames.
- Super Care Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Victoria’s Secret – Women’s underwear, lingerie, swimwear etc.
Places to Eat & Drink
The Beach offers an excellent range of restaurants and places to eat and drink. Most offer both indoor and outdoor seating areas. Options include:
- Akiba Dori - Japanese street food. Located at the Pavilion.
- Aprons and Hammers – Seafood restaurant offering buckets of crab, mussels, lobster, and jumbo shrimp.
- Awani – Levantine cuisine.
- Bake My Day - Dutch bakery.
- Bla Bla Dubai - Large venue with multiple bars, beach club, and restaurant.
- Bombay Bungalow – Indian restaurant.
- Bosporus - Turkish restaurant.
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Buur Lounge & Restaurant
- Catch 22 – Seafood restaurant.
- Claw BBQ
- Cocotte Rotisserie
- Common Grounds - Coffee shop.
- Eataly at The Beach - Italian restaurant at the Pavilion.
- Eat Greek Kouzina – Greek and Mediterranean cuisine.
- Eggspectation – Offers brunch dishes such as eggs Benedict, pancakes, and crepes, plus burgers, steaks, and sandwiches.
- Flying Cup
- Food Carts
- Fratelli La Bufala - Pizzeria.
- Hurricane's Grill & Bar - Steakhouse at the Pavilion.
- La Mezcaleria - Mexican restaurant at the Pavilion.
- L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele - Pizzeria.
- Menchie's - Frozen yoghurt.
- Morelli's – Italian ice cream.
- Operation: Falafel – Arabic street food.
- Pappa Roti – Coated buns.
- P.F. Chang's – Chinese restaurant.
- Retro Beach
- Rogue Coffee - Coffee shop.
- Rosa's Thai
- Shake Shack - Burgers, hotdogs, fries, etc.
- Smoky Beach - Shisha lounge.
- Starbucks Reserve
- The Cheesecake Factory - American restaurant known for its signature cheesecakes.
- Urban Seafood – Contemporary seafood restaurant.
- Vinci Dolci
- Vinci Ristorante
- Yalseh – Emirati lounge.
- Yogugu - Ice cream and waffles.
The Pavilion is the latest addition to The Beach's vibrant dining and nightlife scene. It boasts several restaurants under one roof, each with its unique atmosphere. The Pavilion is also licensed to serve alcohol, so you can enjoy a drink with your meal.
The main attraction is the public beach. It's free to enter but you'll need to pay for loungers, water sports, etc.
Other leisure and entertainment options at The Beach include:
- Cuckoo’s - Play area for children.
- Roxy Cinemas – 10-screen cinema.
- Sea Breeze - Rent sun loungers, cabanas, umbrellas, towels, etc.
- Water sports company offering a range of activities including kayaks, paddle boards, parasailing, banana boats, etc.
The mall hosts a busy programme of events, activities, and entertainment. The best way to check out what’s on is to visit the official Facebook page (see information box below).
Listings were last updated on .
The Beach is open every day of the week.
Stores are open 10 am to 11 pm from Sunday to Thursday, and 10 am to midnight on Friday and Saturday.
Opening times for restaurants are 10 am to midnight from Sunday to Thursday, and 10 am to 1 am on Friday and Saturday.
Information and Services
The Beach is equipped with everything you need for a perfect day by the water.
There are clean toilets and baby changing areas, as well as a prayer room for those who wish to use it. You can connect to the free WiFi to stay connected, or use one of the ATMs if you need cash.
The information desk is the perfect place to go for all your questions about The Beach. The staff is always happy to help, and they stock a handy destination guide.
The information desk is located at the northern end of The Beach, close to the cinema.
Location and Getting There – Metro, Parking, Buses
The Beach is situated on the beachfront at Jumeirah Beach Residence, between the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort and the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah.
To reach it by Dubai Metro take a Red Line train to DMCC Metro Station. You can walk from DMCC Metro Station or take the Dubai Tram from Jumeirah Lakes Towers Tram Station to Jumeirah Beach Residence 2 Tram Station.
Buses to The Beach/Jumeirah Beach Residence include the 8 and 84 services:
- Bus 8 – Bus from Al Baraha Bus Station to Ibn Battuta Bus Station. Stops on the route include Gold Souq Bus Station (Deira), Al Ghubaiba Bus Station (Bur Dubai), Mercato Shopping Mall (Jumeirah), the Burj Al Arab, and Palm Gateway Station (Palm Jumeirah).
- Bus 84 – Bus from Al Quoz to Jumeirah Beach Residence. Stops on the route include the Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha Heights, Dubai Internet City, and Dubai Media City.
Underground car parks at located at both ends of The Beach. Parking is paid but free for customers spending money at participating outlets (see The Beach website for details). A valet parking service is also available.
Bluewaters is an artificial island located near the southern end of The Beach. It is home to an extensive array of shops and restaurants, plus attractions such as Ain Dubai.
A pedestrian bridge links Bluewaters and The Beach/Jumeirah Beach Residence. To reach it, just follow the boardwalk, passing the Address Beach Resort.