La Mer is a mixed-use beachfront development in the Jumeirah area of Dubai. It offers a wide range of leisure facilities, a public beach, restaurants and cafes, shops, and more.
It boasts a contemporary design with a beachside charm. With colourful street art, boardwalks, and an industrial-inspired zone it is one of Dubai’s most Instagram-friendly locations. The area is especially beautiful at sunset.
Leisure & Beach
Laguna Waterpark is located at the centre of La Mer. Attractions include 5 waterslides, surf machine, a lazy river ride, infinity pool, and more.
Roxy Cinemas La Mer is also here. The boutique cinema offers 4 screens and a luxury experience for moviegoers.
The beach at La Mer is a public beach. It is also known as Jumeirah Public Beach/Open Beach. There’s no entry fee for the beach. Visitors need to pay to use loungers, umbrellas, and day rooms. Lifeguards offer a degree of assurance to parents visiting with their children.
- Hawa Hawa – Outdoor inflatable playground.
- Laguna Waterpark
- Sea Breeze – Sunbed and day room rentals.
- Train Beach Club
- Water Sports – Rent pedalos, kayaks, inflatables, jet skis and more.
Places to eat and drink at La Mer are listed below. Some are licensed to serve alcohol. Many have outdoor terraces and views of the beach and Arabian Gulf. It’s one of the best outdoor dining locations in Dubai.
Listings were last updated on .
- AcaiXpress Cafe – Health foods.
- Aghatti – Iraqi restaurant.
- Al Shorfa Restaurant & Cafe – Lebanese cuisine.
- Amorino – Italian organic gelato.
- Aprons & Hammers – Seafood (crab and lobster dishes).
- Argentina Grill
- Babel – Contemporary Lebanese restaurant. Licensed to serve alcohol.
- Bado Chinese
- Bareburger – Organic burgers. Free of preservatives and additives.
- Big Smoke Burger
- Booba – Bubble tea.
- Creptastic Restaurant & Café – Crepes.
- Cupagahwa – Arabic coffee, tea, and desserts.
- El Greco
- Falla – American/Italian.
- FiLLi Select
- Five Guys – Burgers and fries.
- HOLA – Smoothies, ice cream, crepes, and more.
- HQ’S 459 – Breakfast, burgers, pizzas, salads etc.
- iScream – Ice cream.
- Kaftan Smoky Beach – Turkish.
- Kaftan Turkish Gourmet
- Keventers Milkshakes
- London Dairy Café
- Makan Restaurant & Café – Arabic restaurant.
- Maroosh 3lmashi
- Masti – Indian. Licensed to serve alcohol.
- Mediterranean Kitchen
- Miyabi – Japanese.
- Moge Tee
- OSH Dubai – Contemporary Uzbek cuisine. Licensed to serve alcohol.
- Qahwet Murjan
- Selfie Time Coffee & Juice
- Sikka Café
- Smoky Beach – Shisha lounge.
- So Ghawi
- Starbucks Reserve
- Stars N Bars – American-style sports bar. Offers burgers, Tex-Mex, pizzas etc. Licensed for alcohol.
- Sugar Factory
- Tart Bakery
- The Chickery – Chicken dishes.
- The Duchess
- The Inventing Room
- Uncle Tetsu Bakery
- ZouZou – Turkish/Lebanese fusion restaurant.
La Mer has a small number of shops. Many sell swimwear and sunglasses. There’s also a pharmacy.
- Bayt Al Saboun Alloubnani – Lebanese cosmetics.
- Beach Bunny – Swimwear.
- BinSina Pharmacy
- Glassing – Italian eyewear.
- Hamac – Beachwear.
- I Love Dubai – Gifts and souvenir shop.
- iSea – Eyewear.
- OptiFashion – Designer eyewear.
- Sephora – Cosmetics, skin care, perfume, hair products etc.
- ShayMartian – Swim and beachwear.
- Sun Eye Optical
- Swims – Norwegian brand offering footwear, galoshes, apparel, and accessories.
- Tarsam Image – Gadgets and electronics.
- Via Rodeo – American fashion for men and women.
- Vicens – Nougat.
- Virgin Megastore – DVDs, CDs, games consoles and games, electronics, books, stationery, fashion, and concert tickets.
There’s no Dubai Metro station within easy walking distance of La Mer. The closest are Financial Centre, Emirates Towers, and World Trade Centre. All these stations are on the Red Line and around 1.5 miles away. Visitors could save money by getting a train to one of these stations and then taking a taxi.
La Mer is open every day of the week. Hours for the restaurants and cafes are 10 am to midnight.
La Mer is located on the beachfront in the Jumeirah area of Dubai, close to the Jumeirah Mosque and Century Plaza.
Various buses go to La Mer. Options include:
- Service 8 – Gold Souq Bus Station to Ibn Battuta Bus Station (other stops include Al Ghubaiba Bus Station, Mercato Shopping Mall, Wild Wadi, Burj Al Arab, Madinat Jumeirah, and Jumeirah Beach Residence).
- Service 9 – Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Business Bay Metro Station (other stops include the Mercato Shopping Mall).
- Service X28 – Lulu Village to Dubai Internet City Metro Station (other stops include City Centre Deira).
- Service 88 – Deira City Centre Bus Station to Dubai Internet City Metro Station.
The underground car park offers space for more than 1,000 vehicles. Valet parking is also offered.
La Mer is the brainchild of Meraas, one of the most innovative developers in Dubai. Their other projects include Al Seef, Kite Beach, Boxpark, City Walk, The Green Planet, The Beach, The Outlet Village, and Last Exit.
Tourist attractions and things to do near La Mer include:
- Laguna Waterpark (0.1 miles) - Waterpark at the La Mer beachfront development in Jumeirah.
- Jumeirah Mosque (0.6 miles) - One of the largest and most attractive mosques in Dubai
Cinemas near La Mer include:
- Roxy Cinemas La Mer (0.1 miles) - Boutique cinema at La Mer
- VOX Cinemas Mercato Mall (0.9 miles) - 7-screen cinema at the Mercato Mall.
Places to shop near La Mer include:
- Mercato Shopping Mall (0.9 miles) - Unique Italian-style shopping mall in Jumeirah.
Hotels near La Mer include:
- Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa (0.5 miles)
- Al Khoory Executive Hotel, Al Wasl (0.8 miles)
- Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai (0.9 miles)
Map showing location of La Mer.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: velirina/Shutterstock