Visitors to the Green Planet embark on a multi-level journey through the various levels of a tropical rainforest.
Exhibits are arranged on various levels in a huge glass cylindrical building. A spiral walkway wraps around the world’s biggest manmade tree.
Each level explores the creatures found at the various levels of a tropical rainforest. Many of the animals and birds roam freely amongst visitors.
The lower level is the Flooded Rainforest. Aquaria here feature marine species such as piranhas. Other levels are Forest Floor, Midstory, and Canopy. Animals and birds found around the attraction include bats, an anteater, sloths, a Burmese python, leaf cutter ants, African spurred tortoise, toucans, parrots, and sugar gliders.
An Australian outback exhibit features wallabies, lizards, turtles, snakes, and tree frogs.
Temperature and humidity levels accurately reflect the experience of a tropical rainforest. Mist sprays and waterfalls add an additional layer of authenticity.
Admission fees are reasonable and visitors can stay as long as they want. For opening times and ticket prices visit the official Green Planet website (see information box at the end of this page).
Facilities include a cafe with shaded outdoor seating area and a soft play area for children.
The closest Metro station is Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall, around ½ mile from the Green Planet.
City Walk and the Green Planet are owned and managed by Meraas. The company also operates destinations such as Boxpark, Al Seef, Kite Beach, La Mer and Laguna Waterpark, The Beach, and The Outlet Village.
Tourist attractions and things to do near The Green Planet include:
- Coca Cola Arena (0.4 miles) - Indoor venue with a capacity of 17,000. Hosts a variety of shows and events. Located at City Walk.
Cinemas near The Green Planet include:
- Roxy Cinemas City Walk (0.2 miles) - 10-screen cinema at City Walk.
- VOX Cinemas Mercato Mall (0.8 miles) - 7-screen cinema at the Mercato Mall.
- Roxy Cinemas Boxpark (0.9 miles) - Luxury cinema at Boxpark.
Places to shop near The Green Planet include:
- City Walk (0.2 miles) - Urban development with shops, restaurants, a cinema, attractions, and residential apartments.
- Boxpark (0.7 miles) - Shopping and leisure destination built with shipping containers.
- Town Centre Jumeirah (0.8 miles) - Small shopping mall in the Jumeirah area of the city.
- Mercato Shopping Mall (0.8 miles) - Unique Italian-style shopping mall in Jumeirah.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near The Green Planet include:
- Babaji (0.2 miles) - Contemporary Turkish restaurant at City Walk.
- 24th St. World Street Food (0.8 miles) - Licensed restaurant on the 24th floor of the Dusit Thani. Street food concept offering dishes from around the world (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Arabic etc.). Vibrant and colourful interior.
Hotels near The Green Planet include:
- La Ville Hotel & Suites CITY WALK Dubai, Autograph Collection (0.1 miles)
- Sofitel Dubai Downtown (0.7 miles)
- Address Sky View (0.7 miles)
- Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai (0.7 miles)
- Dusit Thani Dubai (0.8 miles)
- Carlton Downtown Hotel (0.9 miles)
- Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai (0.9 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near The Green Planet include:
Map showing location of The Green Planet.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
The Green Planet
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Elena Tolmach, VeronikaSmirnaya/Shutterstock