Kite Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Dubai. It is named due to its popularity with kitesurfers.
Recent times have seen a significant improvement in the number and quality of attractions and facilities here. It now attracts large numbers of tourists and locals.
Places to Eat and Drink
Kite Beach offers a good selection of cafes, food trucks, kiosks, and restaurants:
- 2 Degrees Pint - Beach Bar
- 95° - Coffee truck.
- Booba – Bubble milk tea, coffee, and juices.
- Borbone By the Beach Cafè
- Carnival Treats – Ice cream kiosk.
- Circle Café
- Dynamite Bites – Cafe serving oriental food. Indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Haagen-Dazs - Ice cream kiosk.
- Hot Chips – Food truck offering spiral potatoes, corndogs, popcorn, sweetcorn, cotton candy etc.
- HumYum – Kiosk offering Emirati snacks.
- JJ – Kiosk offering charcoal grilled chicken (wings, platters, sandwiches, wraps etc.).
- Kaakunada – Kiosk serving Lebanese street food.
- Kimbo Espresso Italiano – Cafe offering pizza, calzone, and sandwiches.
- Krispy Kreme
- LaOla – Salads, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, and more. Roof terrace with fantastic ocean views.
- M&M Container
- Marco Polo Majlis – Health food cafe.
- Oakberry – Acai.
- Poker - Food truck serving burgers.
- SKM’D – Healthy dishes, coffee, organic teas, juices, smoothies etc. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Smart Brat – Kiosk serving bratwurst (German sausage).
- Taqado Mexican Kitchen – Mexican cafe.
- This is Hot Dog – Food truck serving a wide selection of hot dogs (classic, Japanese, Italian, Indian, cheese, Mexican etc.).
- Tomato & Basilico Restaurant – Italian restaurant. Indoor and outdoor dining areas.
Things to Do
Kite Beach offers a good choice of water sports and things to do:
- Aqua Parks Leisure
- Dom Tak Entertainment – Elevated platform offering panoramic views.
- Esperia Volley – Elevated platform offering panoramic views.
- Just Padel
- Kitesurf School Dubai – Elevated platform offering panoramic views.
- My Jetski – Elevated platform offering panoramic views.
- Sole Mio - Beach Club
- Splash N Party – Elevated platform offering panoramic views.
- Wire World Adventure Parks – Elevated platform offering panoramic views.
Listings were last updated on .
A well-maintained running track passes through Kite Beach. It runs for over 4 miles along the coast, starting near the Burj Al Arab and finishing in Jumeirah.
Facilities include changing rooms, showers, and toilets. Lifeguards are on duty.
There is no entrance fee at Kite Beach. There are charges to use most of the leisure facilities, attractions, beach chairs etc. The beach is busiest at weekends (Fridays and Saturdays in Dubai).
Kite Beach is located in the Umm Suqeim area of Dubai, just south of Jumeirah.
There a no Metro stations within easy walking distance of Kite Beach. Al Safa is the nearest but is over 2 miles away on foot. Travelling to the Metro station and then taking a taxi would be an option.
- 8 – Gold Souq Bus Station (Deira) to Ibn Battuta Metro Station
- 81 – Dubai Mall to Mall of the Emirates Metro Station
- 88 – Deira City Centre Bus Station to Dubai Internet City Metro Station
There are plenty of car parking spaces next to Kite Beach.
Kite Beach is managed by Meraas, the innovative company behind destinations such as Al Seef, Boxpark, City Walk, The Green Planet, La Mer, Laguna Waterpark, The Beach, Coca Cola Arena, and The Outlet Village.
XDubai, a skatepark, is right next to Kite Beach.