Al Seef is a leisure and retail development in Bur Dubai, on the western side of the Dubai Creek.
The development stretches around a mile along the waterfront. It consists of two unique areas, Heritage and Modern. Together they pay homage to the development of Dubai and its transformation from a humble port to a modern, cosmopolitan city.
The Heritage district features traditional Emirati architecture; sandstone buildings, windtowers, and winding alleyways. The architects used traditional materials and ageing techniques to ensure the buildings look like they have been around for years. An Arabic souk offers handicrafts, souvenirs, jewellery, and more.
The Modern area is located at the southern end of Al Seef and features contemporary architecture. It offers a number of restaurants, hotels (Canopy by Hilton and Hampton by Hilton), and a marina.
Restaurants and Cafes
Al Seef offers a good range of places to eat and drink. Most offer both indoor and outdoor seating. Some are licensed to serve alcohol. Restaurants and cafes here include:
- 961 LB – Lebanese restaurant and bar in the modern area of Al Seef. Live music. Licensed.
- Afters – Ice cream and desserts.
- Al Mallah
- Al Fanar Seafood Market – Emirati seafood.
- Al Hamidieh – Arabic/Syrian restaurant in the heritage area. Terrace with good views of the Dubai Creek.
- Baba Mahmoud
- Baskin Robbins – Desserts.
- Bateaux Dubai – Boat offering dinner cruises along the Dubai Creek.
- Belgium Waffles
- Best Worscht in Town – Small outlet offering spicy German sausages.
- Bikanervala – Indian restaurant.
- Doors Freestyle Grill – Steakhouse and seafood restaurant. Unlicensed. Shisha.
- Dukkan Burger – Burger restaurant. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Dunkin' Donuts – Doughnuts and coffee.
- Five Guys – Burgers and hotdogs.
- Hello Fruits – Health food cafe.
- ILA – Contemporary Arabic restaurant. Also offers pizza. Marina views.
- Jelly Belly Ice Cream – Ice cream parlour.
- Kava & Chai – Speciality coffees and teas.
- Keventers – Waffles, pancakes, ice cream etc.
- Khofo – Egyptian restaurant. Fantastic interior.
- Kim’s Singapore Seafood – Asian seafood restaurant. Licensed. Nice roof terrace.
- La Marquise – Contemporary Lebanese restaurant. Marina views.
- Mitra – Indian restaurant. Features an outdoor dining area with waterside tables. Licensed.
- Nablus – Arabic cafe.
- Piadera – Cafe specialising in Italian flatbreads.
- Shawerme – Small cafe specialising in shawarmas.
- Sul Fiume – Offers Lebanese and Italian dishes.
- The Brass – Sandwiches, baked goods, coffee etc.
- Times of Arabia – Arabic. Fantastic interior. Licensed.
Shops and retail outlets at Al Seef include:
- Albait Al Dimashqi – Arabic perfumes.
- Al Jaber Optical – Eyewear.
- Anousheh – Arabic art and Persian carpets.
- Bayt Al Saboun Alloubnani – Lebanese cosmetics and skincare products.
- BinSina Pharmacy
- Creek Side Gifts & Novelties
- Dokkan Salla – Souvenirs and gifts.
- Dukan Namlet – Local soda.
- Gala Supermarket – Convenience store.
- Life Pharmacy
- Mona Beauty Centre
- Tarsam Image – Electronics and gadgets.
- Zeneve – Bags and accessories.
Listings were last updated on .
Al Seef Marine Transport Station is also here. Services include abras across the Dubai Creek to Baniyas Marine Transport Station in Deira.
Al Seef is owned and managed by Meraas. Other projects in the portfolio of this innovative development company include The Beach, City Walk (Coca Cola Arena and The Green Planet), La Mer and Laguna Waterpark, Boxpark, Kite Beach, and The Outlet Village.