The Jumeirah Mosque is one of the most attractive and biggest mosques in Dubai. It is also the only one open to non-Muslims.
Situated in fashionable Jumeirah, the sandstone mosque features pair of slender minarets and a roofline crowned with domes decorated with intricate carvings. Although the mosque has the appearance of a historic building it is actually a fairly modern structure, completed in the late 1970s.
Non-Muslims can take an organised tour of the mosque with the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding. Tours begin at 10 am daily (except Friday). No reservations are required but participants should meet at the main entrance around 9.45 am. The tour lasts just over an hour and costs a very reasonable 20 AED. Conservative dress is required and women are asked to cover their arms, legs, and head (headscarves can be borrowed if necessary).
The Jumeirah Mosque is situated on Jumeirah Beach Road at the northern end of Jumeirah, opposite the Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa. There is no Metro Station near the mosque but several buses pass by including the number 8 service from the Gold Souk Bus Station (near Palm Deira Metro Station) to the Ibn Battuta Mall.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Jumeirah Mosque include:
- La Mer (0.6 miles) - Fantastic beachfront development in Jumeirah.
Hotels near Jumeirah Mosque include:
- Beach Hotel Apartment Dubai (0.1 miles)
- Dubai Marine Beach Resort And Spa (0.1 miles)
- Al Khoory Executive Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Jumeirah Rotana (0.6 miles)
- Ramada Jumeirah (0.7 miles)
- Mercure Gold Hotel Al Mina Road Dubai (0.9 miles)
- Nikki Beach Resort and Spa Dubai (1 miles)
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Jumeirah Mosque include:
- Al Satwa Bus Station (0.7 miles) - Bus station in the Satwa area of Dubai.
Map showing location of Jumeirah Mosque.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Jumeirah Beach Road
United Arab Emirates