The Jumeirah Mosque is one of the most attractive and biggest mosques in Dubai. It is also the only one open to non-Muslims.
Situated in fashionable Jumeirah, the sandstone mosque features pair of slender minarets and a roofline crowned with domes decorated with intricate carvings. Although the mosque has the appearance of a historic building it is actually a fairly modern structure, completed in the late 1970s.
Non-Muslims can take an organised tour of the mosque with the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding. Tours begin at 10 am daily (except Friday). No reservations are required but participants should meet at the main entrance around 9.45 am. The tour lasts just over an hour and costs a very reasonable 20 AED. Conservative dress is required and women are asked to cover their arms, legs, and head (headscarves can be borrowed if necessary).
The Jumeirah Mosque is situated on Jumeirah Beach Road at the northern end of Jumeirah, opposite the Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa. There is no Metro Station near the mosque but several buses pass by including the number 8 service from the Gold Souq Bus Station (near Gold Souq Metro Station) to the Ibn Battuta Mall.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Jumeirah Mosque include:
- Etihad Museum (0.6 miles) - Modern museum exploring the history of the UAE.
- La Mer (0.6 miles) - Fantastic beachfront development in Jumeirah.
- Laguna Waterpark (0.6 miles) - Waterpark at the La Mer beachfront development in Jumeirah.
Cinemas near Jumeirah Mosque include:
- Roxy Cinemas La Mer (0.6 miles) - Boutique cinema at La Mer
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Jumeirah Mosque include:
- Barefoot Lounge (0.2 miles) - Open-air lounge at the Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa. Relaxing place with a wonderful sea view. Great for couple.
- The Boston Bar (0.6 miles) - ‘Cheers’ style bar at the Jumeira Rotana hotel. Happy hour and DJs.
- Noodle Bowl (0.6 miles)
- Al Mallah (0.7 miles) - Lebanese restaurant founded in the 1980s. One of the best places in the city for shawarma. Outdoor dining area.
- Ravi (0.9 miles) - Legendary local restaurant. Founded by a Pakistani labourer in the 1970s. Known for its authentic Pakistani food. Located near the Satwa Roundabout (junction of 2nd December Street and Al Satwa Road).
Hotels near Jumeirah Mosque include:
- Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa (0.1 miles)
- Al Khoory Executive Hotel, Al Wasl (0.4 miles)
- Jumeira Rotana – Dubai (0.6 miles)
- Ibis Styles Dubai Jumeira (0.7 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Dubai, Jumeirah (0.7 miles)
- Ramada by Wyndham Jumeirah Hotel (0.8 miles)
- Capitol Hotel (0.8 miles)
- Chelsea Plaza Hotel (0.9 miles)
- Mercure Gold Hotel Al Mina Road Dubai (0.9 miles)
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Jumeirah Mosque include:
- Al Satwa Bus Station (0.7 miles) - Bus station in the Satwa area of Dubai.
Map showing location of Jumeirah Mosque.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Jumeirah Beach Road
United Arab Emirates