Boats depart from the dock for Bur Dubai Abra Station on the other side of the Dubai Creek. The journey takes just five minutes and costs a measly 1 dirham.
Abras on this route (Route 1) operate from 5 am to midnight with a departure every couple of minutes.
The surrounding area is a busy commercial district. Aside from the Spice Souk, there are plenty of small shops, places to eat and drink, and other businesses.
To reach the Spice Souk just cross Baniyas Road, via the pedestrian crossing or underpass. To get to the Gold Souk just walk 300 yards up Old Baladiya Street. The Perfume Souk is just to the east.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Deira Old Souk Abra Station include:
- Dubai Museum (0.3 miles) - Offers a fascinating insight into the city's heritage and culture
- Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (0.3 miles) - Offers numerous tours and activities
Places to shop near Deira Old Souk Abra Station include:
- Spice Souk (0.1 miles) - Market selling herbs and spices
- Gold Souk (0.2 miles) - Large number of shops selling jewellery
- Perfume Souk (0.2 miles) - Offers perfumes and fragrances
- Old Souk (0.3 miles) - Traditional market in Bur Dubai
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Deira Old Souk Abra Station include:
- XVA Cafe (0.2 miles) - Courtyard restaurant at the XVA Art Hotel. Peaceful atmosphere. Offers vegetarian Arabic dishes.
- Arabian Tea House (0.3 miles) - Outdoor cafe in Bur Dubai. Relaxed courtyard setting with tables shaded by canopies. Offers more than 100 varieties of tea from all corners of the globe. Food menu includes Arabic breakfasts, salads, sandwiches, and BBQ dishes.
Hotels near Deira Old Souk Abra Station include:
- Galaxy Plaza Hotel (0.2 miles)
- OYO 314 24 Gold Hotel (0.3 miles)
- DreamWhite Hotel (0.3 miles)
Map showing location of Deira Old Souk Abra Station.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Deira Old Souk Abra Station
Baniyas Road, Deira
United Arab Emirates