Ski Dubai opened in 2005 and is the first indoor ski resort in the Middle East.
Situated at the Mall of the Emirates it offers five runs of varying difficulty. One is the world’s first indoor black run. The longest is 400 metres.
Visitors must be competent skiers to access the main slopes. Professional instruction is available for beginners. All equipment and clothing is included in the entry fee.
Ski Dubai offers several options for non-skiers.
The Snow Park is large and offers a range of activities for families and children. Features include an ice cave, playground, climbing wall, bobsleds, toboggan run, bumper cars, tube run, and giant ball. There are also frequent opportunities for visitors to meet the centre’s resident penguins.
Other attractions include the Snow Bullet, a 150 metre long zipline, and Mountain Thriller, a huge slide.
There’s a couple of themed restaurants at Ski Dubai. More options can be found throughout the Mall of the Emirates.
Advance tickets can be purchased online at the official Ski Dubai website. Numerous packages are available.
UAE Residents enjoy a significant discount on ticket prices. Other offers can be found on Ski Dubai’s Facebook page. See the information box at the end of this page for the links.
Ski Dubai is every day of the week. Core timings are 10 am to 11 pm. Opening and closing times are extended by an hour or so at weekends and during Ramadan.
The closest Metro Station is Mall of the Emirates. Just walk through the mall to reach Ski Dubai.
Cinemas near Ski Dubai include:
- VOX Cinemas Mall of the Emirates (0.1 miles) - 24-screen cinema at the Mall of the Emirates.
Places to shop near Ski Dubai include:
- Mall of the Emirates (0.1 miles) - Shopping mall offering more than 500 shops, an indoor ski resort, a multiplex cinema, a theatre, plus a huge selection of restaurants and fast food outlets.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Ski Dubai include:
- Olea (0.1 miles) - Contemporary modern Arabic restaurant at the Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates. Offers dishes from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Cyprus and elsewhere.
Hotels near Ski Dubai include:
- Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates (0.1 miles)
- Flora Al Barsha Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Mall Of The Emirates (0.2 miles)
- Novotel Suites Dubai Mall of the Emirates (0.2 miles)
- Ibis Mall Of The Emirates (0.2 miles)
- Courtyard by Marriott Dubai, Al Barsha (0.2 miles)
- Signature Hotel Al Barsha (0.2 miles)
- Millennium Al Barsha (0.2 miles)
- Elite Byblos Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Donatello Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha (0.3 miles)
- Rose Plaza Hotel Al Barsha (0.3 miles)
- Sheraton Mall of the Emirates Hotel, Dubai (0.3 miles)
- Citymax Hotel Al Barsha at the Mall (0.4 miles)
- Centro Barsha - by Rotana (0.4 miles)
- Hampton By Hilton Dubai Al Barsha (0.4 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Ski Dubai include:
- Mall of the Emirates Metro Station (0.3 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Ski Dubai include:
- Mall of the Emirates Bus Station (0.2 miles) - Feeder bus station next to the Mall of the Emirates.
Map showing location of Ski Dubai.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Kiev.Victor/Shutterstock