Boats operate on abra Route 2 and leave the dock for Dubai Old Souk Abra Station in Bur Dubai. The ride take about seven minutes and the fare is just one dirham. Abras on the route run 24 hours a day.
Walking north from the station up Al Sabkha Road will take you into the commercial heart of Deira. It’s packed with supermarkets, small shops, pharmacies, cafes, restaurants, banks, and budget hotels.
The Naif Market on Deira Street is a lively souk selling cheap clothes (abayas etc.), textiles, perfumes, and everything else under the sun. Be prepared to barter.
Hotels near Sabkha Abra Station include:
- Al Khaleej Grand Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Downtown Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Best Western Plus Pearl Creek (0.1 miles)
- Hyatt Place Dubai Baniyas Square (0.2 miles)
- OYO 578 Oasis Deira Hotel (0.2 miles)
- White Fort Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Phoenicia Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Carlton Tower Hotel (0.3 miles)
- OYO 140 Al Hashemi Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Mount Royal Hotel (0.3 miles)
- TANHA HOTEL (0.3 miles)
- Sun and Sands Plaza Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Landmark Plaza Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Al Seef Heritage Hotel Dubai, Curio Collection by Hilton (0.3 miles)
- Sahar Hotel (0.3 miles)
Map showing location of Sabkha Abra Station.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Sabkha Abra Station
Baniyas Road, Deira
United Arab Emirates