Barsha Heights is a residential and commercial district in Dubai. Until 2016 the area was known as TECOM.
It’s a built-up area with around 100 towers; a mixture of residential and commercial buildings.
There are plenty of small supermarkets here, usually located on the ground floor of a tower. Carrefour have a number of branches here.
Dubai Marina Mall is 2 miles away.
Attractions and Things to Do
Hotels and places to stay in and around this area include:
- Golden Tulip Media Hotel
- Mercure Dubai Barsha Heights Hotel Suites
- TRYP by Wyndham Dubai
- Byblos Hotel
- Signature 1 Hotel Tecom
- Millennium Place Barsha Heights Hotel
- Atana Hotel
- Dusit D2 Kenz Hotel Dubai
- Grand Millennium Dubai
- TIME Oak Hotel & Suites
Restaurants and Bars
The list was last updated on Sunday 4th of October 2020.
|25 Degrees North||DAMAC Executive Heights|
|Indian||$$||Indian restaurant on the ground floor of DAMAC Executive Heights (office building). Specialises in North Indian cuisine. Unlicensed.|
|Belgian Beer Cafe||Grand Millennium Dubai|
|Bar, Belgian, International||$$||Bar and restaurant at the Grand Millennium Dubai. Good selection of beers. Indoor and outdoor seating. Large screens show sports.|
|Pub, British||$$||Established British pub at the Media Rotana. Live music, DJs, live sports, and Friday brunch. Menu includes British pub favourites.|
|Ostro||DusitD2 Kenz Hotel|
|Mediterranean||$$||All-day dining restaurant at the DusitD2 Kenz Hotel. Offers a Mediterranean menu. Bright interior with floor-to-ceiling windows.|
|Toshi||Grand Millennium Dubai|
|Asian||$$||Asian restaurant at the Grand Millennium Dubai. Offers dishes from Thailand, China, Japan, Malaysia etc. Themed evenings. Located on the 18th floor. Good views.|
|Wise Kwai||DusitD2 Kenz Hotel|
|Thai||$$||Restaurant at the DusitD2 Kenz Hotel in Barsha Heights. Offers an innovative and tasty Thai menu. Decorated with Thai movie memorabilia. Within easy walking distance of Dubai Internet City Metro Station.|
Dubai Internet City Metro Station lies at the northern end of Barsha Heights. The station is on the Red Line. There are direct trains to destinations such as Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Jebel Ali, Downtown Dubai (Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa), Bur Dubai, Deira, and Dubai International Airport.
Buses serving Barsha Heights include:
- F31 – Dubai Internet City Metro Station to The Meadows. After leaving Dubai Internet City Metro Station this bus takes a circular route around Barsha Heights. It then goes to The Greens, Emirates Hills, The Springs, and The Meadows.
- F34 – Dubai Internet City Metro Station to Dubai Production City. Travels through Barsha Heights and then onto Dubai Sports City (Dubai International Stadium) and Dubai Production City.
- F35 – Mall of the Emirates Metro Station to The Greens. Buses on this route travel through Al Barsha, Barsha Heights, and the Greens.
- 84 – Al Khail Gate, Al Quoz to Jumeirah Beach Residence 2 Tram Station. Offers a direct bus service from Barsha Heights to destinations such as Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City, Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai Marina, and the Mall of the Emirates.
Photo Credit: Dmitry Birin/Shutterstock