IMG Worlds of Adventure in Dubai is the biggest indoor theme park in the world. Divided into five zones, it offers rides and attractions for all ages.
The size of the venue is impressive. The building covers an area in excess of a million square feet. The interior is extremely well-themed and lit. It certainly doesn’t have the feel of a large warehouse.
The park is temperature controlled, providing welcome relief from Dubai’s high temperatures. It’s a great place to visit during the hot summer months.
The zones are:
- Marvel – Rides based on Marvel characters.
- Carton Network – Rides and attractions based on Cartoon Network characters (Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball etc.).
- Lost Valley – Dinosaur-themed area.
- IMG Boulevard – First zone reached after passing through the entrance. Mainly shops and restaurants.
- Novo Cinemas – 12-screen cinema with IMAX.
The theme park opened in 2016. It is owned and operated by the Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari Group, a private company based in the UAE.
Rides at IMG Worlds of Adventure include:
- The Haunted Hotel (IMG Boulevard) – Scary walk-through attraction with real actors. Open to guests aged 15 and above.
- Avengers Battle of Ultron (Marvel) – 3D motion simulator ride featuring Marvel’s Avengers.
- Spider-Man Doc Ock’s Revenge (Marvel) – Spinning roller coaster ride. Features multiple spinning cars. Intense ride through skyscrapers. Similar to the Sierra Sidewinder at Knott’s Berry Farm in California.
- Hulk Epsilon Base 3D (Marvel) – 100 guests sit in a circular theatre that spins and tilts.
- Thor Thunder Spin (Marvel) – Huge spinning and flipping ride with water fountains. HUSS top spin ride.
- Avengers Flight of the Quinjets (Marvel) – Red Baron type ride. Suitable for small children.
- The Velociraptor (Lost Valley) – Steel launched coaster. Train accelerates to 62 mph in 2.5 seconds. Features a vertical loop and corkscrew inversions. The only ride that leaves the building. Similar to Blue Fire Megacoaster at Europa-Park in Germany.
- Predator (Lost Valley) – Rollercoaster. After a vertical lift, riders experience a 97 degree drop, followed by a vertical loop. Manufactured by Gerstlauer.
- Forbidden Territory (Lost Valley) – Dinosaur-themed dark ride. Great animatronics. Similar to Dinosaur at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Dino Carousel (Lost Valley) – Carousel ride for children.
- Adventure Fortress (Lost Valley) – Adventure playground.
- Ben 10 5D Hero Time (Cartoon Network) – 240-seat 5D theatre with motion seats and effects.
- The Powerpuff Girls - Mojo Jojo’s Robot Rampage! (Cartoon Network) – Spinning aeroplane ride. Manufactured by Zamperla (Air Race).
- Adventure Time - The Ride of OOO with Finn & Jake (Cartoon Network) – Suspended monorail ride over the Cartoon Network zone.
- The Amazing Ride of Gumball (Cartoon Network) – Trackless interactive, shooting ride.
- LazyTown (Cartoon Network) – Stage show and high ropes course.
Restaurants and Cafes
Places to eat and drink include:
- Tony’s Skydeck (Marvel) – Flagship fine dining restaurant. Menu includes steak and seafood. Based on Tony Stark’s (Iron Man) apartment. Located in a tower overlooking the park.
- Chang’s Golden Dragon (Marvel) – Asian restaurant with open kitchen.
- Mama Scano’s Of Yancy Street (Marvel) – Italian restaurant. Pizza and pasta. Salad bar.
- Downtown Shawarma (Marvel)
- CN Feast (Cartoon Network) – Family-friendly restaurant in the Cartoon Network zone.
- Mr. Smoothy (Cartoon Network) – Ben 10 themed diner.
- Spice Valley (Lost Valley) – Indian restaurant. All-you-can-eat deals.
- Wing Stop (Lost Valley) – Chicken wings and tenders. Various flavours.
- 360 Express (Lost Valley)
- Popcorn Factory (IMG Boulevard)
- Boulevard Gourmet (IMG Boulevard) – International restaurant.
- Samosa House (IMG Boulevard) – Indian street food.
- Flavors of Arabia (IMG Boulevard) – Lebanese restaurant.
- The Coffeehouse (IMG Boulevard) – Coffee and baked goods.
There are also food carts and stalls selling pretzels, hot dogs, ice cream, crepes, waffles, fruit etc.
Shops and retail outlets include:
- Adventure Photography
- Avengers Exchange
- Ben 10 - Universe
- Cartoon Network Classics
- Cartoon Network Store
- Courage & Kind
- Daily Bugle Company Store
- Empire News and Comics
- Epsilon Command
- Haunted Hotel Store
- IMG Emporium
- Lazy Store
- Marvel Universe
- Marvel Vault
- Raptor Outpost
- The Amazing World of Gumball - The Store
- The Explorer’s Supply
- World of Candy
Listings were last updated on .
IMG Worlds of Adventure is open every day of the year, from morning until late in the evening. For precise opening times check the official website (see information box at the end of this page).
Facilities include lockers, free parking, valet parking (paid), ATMs, stroller hire, toilets, and baby changing areas.
IMG Worlds of Adventure is located off Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road in Dubailand; one mile northwest of Global Village.
The best way to get to IMG Worlds of Adventure is by driving or taking a taxi.
The closest Metro station is Mall of the Emirates. It’s still a 12 mile drive from here though. You could catch a train here and then take a taxi to save a little on the fare.
Cinemas near IMG Worlds of Adventure include:
- Novo IMG Worlds of Adventure (0.0 miles) - 12-screen cinema at IMG Worlds of Adventure.
Map showing location of IMG Worlds of Adventure.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
IMG Worlds of Adventure
Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road
United Arab Emirates