IMG Worlds of Adventure in Dubai is the biggest indoor theme park in the world. Divided into five zones, it offers rides and attractions for all ages.
The size of the venue is impressive. The building covers an area in excess of a million square feet. The interior is extremely well-themed and lit. It certainly doesn’t have the feel of a large warehouse.
The park is temperature controlled, providing welcome relief from Dubai’s high temperatures. It’s a great place to visit during the hot summer months.
The zones are:
- Marvel – Rides based on Marvel characters.
- Carton Network – Rides and attractions based on Cartoon Network characters (Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball etc.).
- Lost Valley – Dinosaur-themed area.
- IMG Boulevard – First zone reached after passing through the entrance. Mainly shops and restaurants.
- Novo Cinemas – 12-screen cinema with IMAX.
The theme park opened in 2016. It is owned and operated by the Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari Group, a private company based in the UAE.
IMG Worlds of Adventure is open every day of the year, from morning until late in the evening. For precise opening times check the official website (see information box at the end of this page).
Facilities include lockers, free parking, valet parking (paid), ATMs, stroller hire, toilets, and baby changing areas.
IMG Worlds of Adventure is located off Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road in Dubailand; one mile northwest of Global Village.
The best way to get to IMG Worlds of Adventure is by driving or taking a taxi.
The closest Metro station is Mall of the Emirates. It’s still a 12 mile drive from here though. You could catch a train here and then take a taxi to save a little on the fare.