Dubai Parks and Resorts (DPR) is the largest theme park destination in the UAE. It is located in western Dubai, close to the border with Abu Dhabi.
There are three theme parks and one water park here; Motiongate, Bollywood Parks, LEGOLAND Dubai, and LEGOLAND Water Park.
- Motiongate – This Hollywood-inspired theme park features 5 zones; Studio Central, DreamWorks, Lionsgate, Columbia Pictures, and The Smurfs.
- Bollywood Parks – Bollywood-inspired theme park with rides based around some of the genre’s biggest movies.
- LEGOLAND Dubai – LEGO-themed rides and attractions.
- LEGOLAND Water Park – Caters to families with younger children.
Together the parks offer around 100 rides. Tickets can be purchased for individual parks. Discounted multiple park offers and annual passes are also available.
Riverland, a free to enter dining and entertainment district, lies at the centre of the theme parks.
Construction work on the project began in 2014. The parks opened in the fourth quarter of 2016. Plans to add an additional Six Flags theme park were cancelled in 2019.
Hotels and places to stay in and around Dubai Parks and Resorts include:
- Lapita, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Autograph Collection
The Outlet Village, a discount shopping mall, is located just south of DPR.
There is a direct bus service to Dubai Parks and Resorts. Service DPR1 departs from Ibn Battuta Bus Station (next to Ibn Battuta Metro Station) and goes directly to Dubai Parks and Resorts. The journey takes around 30 minutes.