The weather in Dubai plays a significant role in the overall experience, and January is an ideal time to visit the emirate.
January falls within the high season. It is one of the most popular times to visit Dubai, so hotel rates are high.
This article will provide you with essential information about Dubai’s weather in January, including temperature, rainfall, humidity, sunrise and sunset times, sea temperature, events, and things to do, as well as advice on what to wear during your visit.
Temperature in January
January is the coldest month of the year in Dubai, with an average temperature of 19 °C (66 °F). The high temperature typically reaches around 24 °C (75 °F), while the low can drop to 14 °C (57 °F).
These mild temperatures provide a comfortable climate for exploring the city and enjoying outdoor activities without the intense heat that Dubai experiences during the summer months.
|Month||Average Temperature (°C)||Average Temperature (°F)|
|Month||High (°C)||Low (°C)||High (°F)||Low (°F)|
January has an average rainfall of about 17 mm, which is relatively low compared to other destinations. Rain is infrequent and usually occurs in short, light showers, making it unlikely to impact your visit significantly.
|Month||Rainfall (mm)||Rainy days per month|
Most visitors find the weather in Dubai in January to be agreeable. The humidity in Dubai during January is around 61%. Although January is the most humid month, the air temperature is low.
Sunrise and Sunset Times
In January, the sun rises around 7:00 am and sets around 5:45 pm, providing around 10 hours and 45 minutes of daylight. This day length allows ample time for exploring Dubai’s numerous attractions and enjoying outdoor activities.
Exact sunrise and sunset times for the month can be found here.
The sea temperature in January is around 22 °C (72 °F). While this may be cooler than the summer months, it is still suitable for swimming, snorkelling, and other water-based activities. A few will find it a little too cold for their liking.
Swimming pools at most hotels are temperature-controlled.
|Month||Water Temperature (°C)||Water Temperature (°F)|
January is a busy month for events and activities in Dubai, with several large events taking place:
- Dubai Shopping Festival: This month-long festival offers incredible discounts, promotions, and entertainment, attracting shoppers from all over the world.
- Dubai Marathon: A popular annual event for athletes and fitness enthusiasts, the Dubai Marathon offers various race categories, including a full marathon, half marathon, and 10km race.
- Dubai Desert Classic: This prestigious golf tournament features the world’s top golfers.
- Global Village: A seasonal attraction held from November to April, Global Village features pavilions representing countries worldwide, offering shopping, dining, and cultural experiences.
- Quoz Arts Fest: This annual arts and cultural festival is held in the Alserkal Avenue district. It features art exhibitions, workshops, live music, and performances.
In addition to these events, January’s pleasant weather allows for exploring Dubai’s beaches, parks, and outdoor attractions and the stunning desert landscapes surrounding the city.
What to Wear
When visiting Dubai in January, it is essential to dress appropriately for the mild weather.
Daytime temperatures call for light, breathable clothing, such as short-sleeved shirts, shorts, and dresses. However, it’s essential to remember that Dubai is a conservative city, and modest clothing is recommended, particularly when visiting cultural sites or religious venues.
As temperatures can drop in the evenings, it’s a good idea to pack a light jacket or sweater for extra warmth. Comfortable walking shoes are also recommended for sightseeing and outdoor activities.