October marks the beginning of autumn in Dubai and a transition towards cooler weather. Temperatures are still high but are much more acceptable than in the summer. There are fewer tourists here than in the winter months, and hotel rates and flight prices are relatively cheap.
In this article, we’ll explore the weather in Dubai during October, including temperature, rainfall, humidity, sunrise and sunset times, sea temperature, events, and things to do, as well as what to wear during your stay.
During October, the average temperature in Dubai starts to drop, providing a more comfortable climate for visitors. The average daily high temperature is around 36 °C (97 °F), while the average low temperature in the evening falls to a comfortable 24 °C (75 °F).
|Month||Average Temperature (°C)||Average Temperature (°F)|
|Month||High (°C)||Low (°C)||High (°F)||Low (°F)|
Rain is a rare occurrence in Dubai, and October is no exception. The average precipitation during this month is close to 0 mm, making it a dry month.
This dry weather allows tourists to enjoy outdoor activities without worrying about rain interrupting their plans.
|Month||Rainfall (mm)||Rainy days per month|
Despite the decrease in temperature, humidity levels in Dubai can still be relatively high during October, averaging around 54%.
This humidity means that while the temperature may be more comfortable, the air can still feel heavy and muggy.
Sunrise and Sunset Times
In October, the days are still long and sunny, providing ample daylight for tourists to explore the city.
Sunrise occurs around 6:15 am, while the sun sets around 6:00 pm, giving visitors approximately 12 hours and 15 minutes of daylight to enjoy Dubai’s numerous attractions and activities. The abundance of sunshine and clear skies at this time of year creates an ideal atmosphere for sightseeing and photography.
Accurate sunrise and sunset times for each day of the month and throughout the year can be found here.
The sea temperature in October remains warm, averaging around 31 °C (88 °F). This temperature makes it perfect for water-based activities such as swimming, diving, and enjoying a relaxing day at the beach.
You can find the current water temperature in Dubai here.
|Month||Water Temperature (°C)||Water Temperature (°F)|
Events and Things to Do
October in Dubai offers a variety of events and activities, both indoors and outdoors. Global Village, a seasonal cultural and entertainment destination, typically opens its doors in October, providing visitors with a unique experience to explore various countries’ cultures, cuisines, and handicrafts.
Indoor, air-conditioned, family-friendly attractions to enjoy during your stay in Dubai include:
- The Dubai Mall: The world-famous shopping mall features over 1,000 retail outlets, plus numerous restaurants and attractions.
- Mall of the Emirates: This large shopping centre offers many stores, Ski Dubai, and various entertainment options.
- Burj Khalifa: The tallest building in the world, with an observation deck offering breathtaking city views.
- Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo: Located inside The Dubai Mall, this attraction features a massive aquarium and a variety of marine life exhibits.
- IMG Worlds of Adventure: Indoor theme park offering thrilling rides and entertainment based on popular characters and franchises.
- Green Planet: An indoor rainforest featuring various plants and animals, with interactive exhibits and educational programs.
- Museum of Illusions: An interactive museum featuring a range of optical illusions.
- KidZania: An interactive, educational city for children in The Dubai Mall, where they can role-play various careers and professions.
- Dubai Frame: A stunning architectural landmark featuring a museum and a sky deck with spectacular city views.
- Alserkal Avenue: A contemporary art district in Al Quoz, housing numerous art galleries and studios, all in air-conditioned spaces.
- Etihad Museum: A museum dedicated to the history and formation of the United Arab Emirates, housed in a beautifully designed, air-conditioned building.
What to Wear
Given the warm temperatures and high humidity during October, wearing lightweight and breathable clothing is advisable. Opt for loose-fitting clothes made of natural fabrics like cotton or linen. Remember to bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun.
In the evenings, the temperature can drop, so it’s a good idea to carry a light jacket or shawl. When visiting malls, restaurants, or other indoor attractions, be prepared for air-conditioned environments, which can be pretty cool compared to the outdoor temperature.
Finally, stay hydrated during your visit, as warm temperatures and high humidity can lead to dehydration. Carry a reusable water bottle with you and refill it throughout the day. Additionally, be aware of the signs of heat exhaustion and take breaks in air-conditioned spaces whenever needed.
Average high and low temperatures, sunrise and sunset times, and events in other months can be found by following these links: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, November, and December.
You can find the latest 5-day weather forecast for Dubai here. It includes the current temperature, average wind speed and direction, and relative humidity.