Situated at the Gardens, the Ibn Battuta Mall is themed around the travels of Ibn Battuta, a 14th Moroccan explorer.
In addition to over 250 shops it offers a multiplex cinema, tenpin bowling alley, children’s entertainment centre, gym, a good selection of restaurants and food outlets, and a 5-star hotel.
The single level mall is divided into 6 zones, each reflecting the architecture of the regions that Ibn Battuta visited. From north to south they are: China Court, India Court, Persia Court, Egypt Court, Tunisia Court, and Andalusia Court.
Anchor stores are Carrefour, Sharaf DG, Decathlon, and Marks & Spencer.
A 300,000 square foot extension opened in 2016 adding 60 stores including Superdry, United Furniture, and Decathlon. The mall will be further extended over the next few years.
List of Shops
Shops at the Ibn Battuta Mall are listed below. Listings were last updated on .
- 050 Telecom – Mobile telephones, phone cases, and accessories.
- Accessorize – Store selling women’s fashion accessories.
- ACE Hardware
- Aeropostale – Casual apparel.
- Al Ansari Exchange – Currency exchange and remittance services.
- Alberto Riadelli – Men’s footwear.
- Aldo Accessories
- Al Fardan Exchange – Foreign currency and money transfer services.
- Al Ghurair Exchange – Foreign exchange and remittance services.
- Al Jaber Gallery – Souvenirs, gifts, arts and crafts etc.
- Al Jaber Optical – Eyewear.
- Allen Solly – Fashion.
- Al Manara Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Al Rostamani International Exchange – Foreign currency exchange and money transfers.
- Al Thawb Al Watani – Tailors.
- American Eagle Outfitters – Casual fashion for women and men.
- Arabian Oud – Perfumes.
- Arrow – Menswear.
- Ateliee Optics
- Athlete’s Co. – Sports footwear.
- Axiom Telecom – Mobile phones and accessories.
- Balmain – French fashion.
- Bare – Men’s salon.
- Bath & Body Works - Soaps, shower gels, lotions, fragrances, gift sets etc.
- Belhasa Driving Center
- Beverly Hills Polo Club – Fashion.
- Beyond the Beach – Fashionable swimwear.
- BinSina Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Birkenstock – German brand offering sandals and footwear.
- Body by Cotton On
- Boots – Pharmacy, health and beauty products.
- Borders – Books, stationery, games, and toys.
- Brands For Less – Discount store.
- Carpisa – Handbags, suitcases, briefcases, and accessories.
- Carrefour – Hypermarket.
- Carter’s – Clothes for children, toddlers, and babies.
- Cath Kidston – Bags, fashion, and accessories.
- Charles & Keith – Ladies’ shoes, bags, and accessories.
- Circle K – Convenience store.
- Citibank – Bank branch.
- Claire’s – Women’s fashion accessories.
- Columbia – Sports store.
- Cotton On – Australian fashion brand.
- Cotton On Kids – Childrenswear.
- Crocs – Footwear.
- CUTTING EDGE
- Damas – Jewellery and watches.
- Da Milano
- Damilano-Rosso Brunello
- Dear Barber
- Decathlon – Sports store.
- DHL – Courier.
- Dollar Plus – Discount store offering a wide range of products (household, kitchenware, stationery, health and beauty etc.).
- du – Telecommunications.
- Dubai Islamic Bank – Bank branch.
- Dubai Optical – Opticians.
- DYNAMICS SPORTS
- Emax – Electronics store.
- Early Learning Centre – Educational toys, games, and gifts.
- Ecco – Shoe shop.
- Emirates Driving Institute – Driving school.
- Emirates Islamic Bank – Bank branch.
- Emirates NBD – Bank branch.
- Etisalat – Telecommunications.
- Fitness First – Gym.
- Flower Box – Florists.
- Foot Locker – Sneakers and sportswear.
- Forever 21 – Fashion.
- Fun City
- G2000 – Office clothing for men and women.
- Gant – Casual clothes for men and women.
- Gap – Fashion.
- Gio Ferrari – Menswear.
- Giordano – Fashion.
- Glamour Avenue Ladies Salon
- Glamour Salon
- Grand Stores Digital – Electronics and IT.
- H&M – Fashion for men, women, and children.
- Hairworks – Women’s hair and beauty salon.
- Hamac - Designer beachwear.
- Holland & Barrett – Vitamins, supplements, sports nutrition, weight management products etc.
- Home Box – Furniture and home products.
- Homes r Us – Furniture and home decor.
- Hour Choice – Watches.
- House of Leather
- I Am – Women’s jewellery and fashion accessories.
- Ibn Battuta Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Image Arts – Photo printing, frames, passport pictures, photo gifts etc.
- Inglot – Cosmetics.
- J.S. Music – Musical instruments.
- Just Accessories – Bags, jewellery, watches etc.
- Just Optic – Eyewear.
- Kani Home – Arabic womenswear, rugs and carpets, and home decor.
- King Koil – Mattresses, mattress protectors, duvets, pillows etc.
- Koton – Fashion.
- La Senza – Lingerie, underwear, nightwear, and swimwear.
- La Vie en Rose – Canadian lingerie, sleepwear, and beachwear.
- LC Waikiki – Fashion.
- Life Pharmacy
- Lifestyle Fine Jewellery
- Lily Beauty Salon
- Lovisa – Jewellery and accessories.
- Lush – Soaps, bath and body products, cosmetics etc.
- MAC – Cosmetics.
- Magrabi Optical – Eyewear.
- Mall Mart
- Marco Barocco – Menswear.
- Marks & Spencer – Department store.
- Mashreq Bank – Bank branch.
- Max – Value fashion.
- Mediclinic Ibn Battuta – Health clinic.
- Mendoza – Luggage shop.
- Miniso – Japanese concept store offering a range of products including household items, kitchenware, gift, bags, fashion accessories etc.
- Minutes – Repairs (shoes, watches, mobile phones), key cutting, and engraving.
- MMI – Alcohol store (alcohol licence required for purchases).
- Monsoon Children – Childrenswear.
- Montblanc – Luxury writing instruments, watches, wallets, belts, travel accessories, and fragrances.
- Moss Bros. – Menswear.
- N.Bar – Manicures, pedicures etc.
- Nayomi – Nightwear, lingerie, and underwear.
- New Yorker – Casualwear.
- Nike – Sportswear.
- Nisa – Cosmetics.
- Nutrition Center
- OLYMP – Shirts for men.
- One Stop – Mobile phone accessories.
- Oriental Stores
- Orsay – German womenswear brand.
- Oshkosh B'gosh
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Paris Gallery – Perfumes, cosmetics, jewellery and watches, eyewear, and fashion accessories.
- Paris Hilton – Women’s bags and fashion accessories.
- Payless ShoeSource – Discount footwear.
- Photo Magic – Photo printing, frames etc.
- Pierre Cardin – Designer clothes and accessories.
- PRINCE SHOES
- RAKBANK – Bank branch.
- Redtag – Fashion and home products.
- Rituals – Cosmetics, body care products, home fragrances, candles etc.
- Rivoli – Watches.
- Royal Fashion
- Rubi Shoes – Women’s footwear.
- Sacoche – Women’s bags, leather goods, and fashion accessories.
- Sacoor Brothers – Fashion for men and women.
- Sacoor Kids – Childrenswear.
- Samsonite – Bags, suitcases, and travel products.
- Samsung – TVs, mobile telephones, cameras, IT, and home appliances.
- SellAnyCar.com – Instant car sales.
- Sephora – Cosmetics, skin care, perfume, hair products etc.
- Sharaf DG – Electronics and IT.
- Sharaf DG 4U – Electronics and IT.
- Sharaf Exchange – Money transfers and foreign currency exchange.
- Shoexpress – Value shoe store.
- Sing N Swing
- Skechers – Footwear.
- Smoker's Centre – Cigarettes, tobacco, cigars, and smoking accessories (pipes, cigarette holders etc.).
- SPORT'S MARKET
- Springfield – Fashion.
- Steve Madden – Shoes for men and women.
- Sun & Sand Sports – Sportswear and sports equipment.
- Super Care Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Superdry – Fashion.
- Super Trim – Men’s hair salon.
- Swarovski – Crystal jewellery, watches, accessories, figurines, ornaments etc.
- Swatch – Watches.
- Swiss Arabian – Fragrances.
- T-shirt Factory / Portfolio
- Tanning Ladies Salon
- Technology People
- Ted Lapidus – Fashion.
- The Body Shop – Ethically-produced cosmetics, fragrances, hair products, body lotions and scrubs, toiletries etc.
- The Children’s Place – Kid’s clothes and accessories.
- The Custom Shop – Tailors offering made-to-measure suits and shirts.
- The Face Shop – Korean store offering cosmetics, skin and body care products, hair products etc.
- The Little Gym – Children’s gym.
- The Mattress
- The Nail Spa – Manicures, pedicures, waxing, threading etc.
- The Outdoor Gear (TOG)
- The Toy Store – Toys, games, nursery products, and outdoor play equipment.
- Thomsun Pure Music – Musical instruments.
- Thrifty – Car rentals.
- Timberland – Footwear, clothing, and accessories.
- Tommy Hilfiger – Fashion.
- Typo – Gifts, stationery, and art.
- UAE Exchange – Foreign currency exchange and money transfer services.
- United Furniture – Furniture and home decor.
- Verri – Menswear.
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- WELLNESS FIX
- Wojooh – Designer perfumes, fragrances, cosmetics, gift sets etc.
- Wrangler – Fashion.
Carrefour (previously Geant) is a large French hypermarket that occupies much of Tunisia Court. In addition to a massive selection of groceries from all around the world it also stocks clothes and footwear for all ages, electronics (TVs, mobile phones, home theatre systems, computers, iPods, iPhones, iPads, etc.), DVDs and CDs, books and magazines in both English and Arabic, furniture, carpets, office equipment and supplies, camping equipment, gardening tools and garden furniture, and sports equipment.
Sharaf DG is a large electronics shop in China Court. It offers a huge range of products including computers, printers, scanners, televisions, home theatre systems, games consoles, car audio systems, and home appliances such as air conditioners, freezers and fridges, gas and electric cookers, washing machines and dryers, vacuum cleaners, and microwave ovens.
Switch Bowling is a tenpin bowling centre in India Court. It offers 12 fully-automated lanes with computerised scoring, a pool hall, private karaoke rooms, and restaurant with an outdoor terrace. Large screens show music videos and sports events.
China Court is home to the Novo Cinemas Ibn Battuta Mall (formerly Grand Cinemas) movie theatre. It offers 21 screens, including the first IMAX cinema in Dubai.
Fun City is an entertainment centre for kids in Tunisia Court. It offers a wide range of arcade game, fairground rides, a party room, children’s hairdressers, plus a play area with a climbing frame, giant slide, ball pool etc.
Restaurants and Food Court
Places to eat and drink at the Ibn Battuta Mall are listed below.
- Al Arrab Express
- Al Arrab – Arabic restaurant. Outdoor seating available. Shisha.
- AL SAFEER
- ASIAN TASTE
- Atisuto – Japanses.
- Barbeque Delights
- Baskin Robbins – Desserts and ice cream.
- Bombay Chowpatty
- Caffé Nero – Coffeehouse (Egypt Court).
- Charleys (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Grilled subs and Philly steaks.
- Chinese Palace (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Chinese.
- Cinnabon – Cinnamon rolls.
- Cold Stone
- Costa Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- Curry Culture – Indian restaurant. Indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Dairy Queen
- Food 2go
- Gelato Divino
- Gloria Jean’s Coffees – Coffee, tea, cakes, muffins, sandwiches, wraps, and salads.
- Hatam – Persian restaurant.
- Ichikura – Japanese.
- India Palace – Indian restaurant.
- Jamaica Blue
- Juice Master
- KFC (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Fried chicken.
- Krispy Kreme (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Doughnuts.
- La Brioche – Casual French cafe.
- Leonidas – Belgian chocolates.
- Little Bangkok
- London Dairy – Ice cream, desserts, and shakes.
- Magic Wok
- Maraheb (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Yemeni.
- Max's Chicken
- McDonald’s (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Burgers and fries.
- Mikel Coffee
- Mr. Sub
- Nando’s (China Court) – Portuguese restaurant known for its peri-peri chicken.
- Noon & Kabab (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Iranian.
- Papa Murphy
- Paul – French cafe and bakery.
- Pizza Express – Pizzeria.
- Pizza Hut
- Red Flavors
- Royal Orchid Restaurant
- Santino’s (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Italian (pasta, pizzas, roast chicken, lasagne etc.).
- Shakespeare & Co. – Cafe offering breakfast, eggs, crepes, salads, burgers, pasta, sandwiches, healthy mains, and desserts.
- Shamiana (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Indian fast food.
- Smothie Factory
- Soy – Chinese/Thai restaurant.
- Spiky Chicken
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse. Several outlets.
- Subway (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Subs.
- Sugoi! (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Japanese (tempura, sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki etc.).
- TGI Fridays – American restaurant. Menu includes burgers, steaks and ribs, Tex-Mex, seafood, chicken dishes, and pasta.
- Taqado Mexican Kitchen
- The Bagel Bar – Coffeehouse (Persia Court).
- The Kasap
- Tim Horton's
- Tony Roma’s – American restaurant. Menu includes steaks, ribs, burgers, seafood, and chicken dishes.
- Wendy’s (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, and fries.
- Xenia – Cafe offering Middle Eastern cuisine. Boasts a very pleasant outdoor terrace.
- Yo! Sushi – Japanese.
- Zaroob – Levantine cuisine.
The Ibn Battuta Mall offers a reasonable selection of restaurants and fast food outlets. Most of the sit-down restaurants are situated in China Court, close to the cinema and bowling alley. Choices include Soy (pan-Asian), Tony Roma’s (American steakhouse – ribs, steaks, seafood, grilled chicken etc.), and Hatam (Persian).
Fast food outlets are located at the other end of the mall in Tunisia Court, near the Carrefour hypermarket. Options include Noon & Kabab (Persian), KFC, Charleys, and McDonald’s.
Facilities and services at the mall include information desks, toilets, baby changing areas, prayer rooms for men and women, numerous ATMs, plus branches of the HSBC, Dubai Islamic Bank, and Emirates NBD. The mall also boasts a large Fitness First gym.
All around the mall are various exhibits that allow visitors to learn about Ibn Battuta, Arabic history and more. The main feature in China Court is a huge Chinese junk similar to one that the explorer would have travelled in. Displays here also tell the story of Zheng He, a 15th century Chinese mariner.
India Court is home to a full-size reproduction of the Elephant Clock. This water-powered clock was devised in the 12th century by an engineer from Mesopotamia call al-Jazari. It was featured in his famous Book of Knowledge of Ingenious Mechanical Devices along with other inventions such as a robotic band and an automated drinks waitress.
The Ibn Battuta Mall is open 7 days a week. Store opening times are Sunday to Wednesday 10 am until 10 pm, and Thursday to Saturday 10 am to midnight.
The mall is located at The Gardens, between Interchanges 5 and 6 of Sheikh Zayed Road. The car parks have spaces for more than 5,000 vehicles. Valet parking is available.
Taxi drivers should have no problems finding the Ibn Battuta Mall. Pick-up points can be found all around the mall.
The Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel is a 5-star hotel located next to the mall. It offers 396 rooms and suites, 29 of which are themed around the travels of Ibn Battuta, plus a good selection of licensed restaurants and bars. Facilities include a fitness centre, rooftop swimming pool, and meeting and conference rooms.
Map showing location of Ibn Battuta Mall.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Ibn Battuta Mall
Sheikh Zayed Road, The Gardens
United Arab Emirates
Photo Credit: Rus S, Zhukov Oleg, Mohammed Shamaa/Shutterstock