Ibn Battuta was a renowned Moroccan explorer who travelled throughout the world in the 14th century. In honour of his journeys, the Ibn Battuta Mall was built to resemble the various places he visited during his lifetime.
The single-level shopping mall is divided into 6 zones, each reflecting the architecture of the regions that Ibn Battuta visited. From north to south they are China Court, India Court, Persia Court, Egypt Court, Tunisia Court, and Andalusia Court.
The mall offers more than 250 shops. Anchor stores are Carrefour, Max, H&M, Sharaf DG, R&B, and Marks & Spencer.
Ibn Battuta Mall also boasts a multiplex cinema, a tenpin bowling centre, a children’s entertainment centre, and several hotels.
Whether you’re looking to do some shopping, catch a movie, or simply enjoy a bite to eat, the Ibn Battuta Mall is sure to please you.
List of Shops
Shops at the Ibn Battuta Mall are listed below. Listings were last updated on .
- 050 Telecom – Mobile telephones, phone cases, and accessories.
- Aco Price - Footwear.
- Adidas Outlet - Sportswear.
- Affordables – Fashion for men and women.
- Al Hawak - Mobile phone repairs.
- AL ANSARI EXCHANGE
- Al Ansari Exchange – Currency exchange and remittance services.
- Aldo Accessories - Offers a wide selection of accessories, including jewellery, scarves, hats, and handbags. A great store for finding fashionable accessories at reasonable prices.
- Al Fardan Exchange – Foreign currency and money transfer services.
- Al Ghurair Exchange – Foreign exchange and remittance services.
- Al Jaber Optical – Eyewear.
- All Original - Fashion and footwear.
- Al Rifai – Nuts.
- Al Rostamani Exchange
- Al Thawb Al Watani – Tailors.
- American Eagle Outfitters – Casual fashion for women and men.
- Arabian Oud – Perfumes.
- Aroma Gallery - Perfumes and fragrances.
- Arrow – Menswear.
- Aster Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Athlete’s Co. – Sports footwear.
- Balmain – French fashion.
- Balqees - Honey products..
- Bath & Body Works - Soaps, shower gels, lotions, fragrances, gift sets etc.
- Belhasa Driving Center - One of the most established and well-respected driving schools in Dubai. The school offers a wide range of courses for both novice and experienced drivers, and its team of qualified instructors is dedicated to helping students develop their skills and confidence behind the wheel.
- Beverly Hills Polo Club – Fashion.
- Beyond the Beach – Fashionable swimwear.
- BIN SINA PHARMACY
- BinSina Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Birkenstock – German brand offering sandals and footwear.
- Blu – Shower filters.
- Boots – Pharmacy, health and beauty products.
- Borders – Books, stationery, games, and toys.
- Brand Bazzaar - Branded clothing, footwear, handbags, and accessories..
- Brands – Fashion.
- Brands For Less – Discount store.
- Brands for Less - Brand-name clothing and other items at a fraction of the regular price.
- Calzedonia – Italian beachwear, swimsuits, socks, tights, and leggings.
- Carat Craft - Jewellery.
- Carrefour – Hypermarket.
- CCC - Shoes and bags.
- Celio* - Menswear.
- Centrepoint - Fashion for all the family.
- Claire’s – Women’s fashion accessories.
- Clarks – Shoe shop.
- Columbia – Sports store.
- Coral Perfumes - Offers a wide range of perfumes, including international brands and their own products made from French and oriental oils.
- Cotton On – Australian fashion brand.
- Cotton On Body - Activewear, intimates, sleepwear, and swimwear for women.
- Crocs – Footwear.
- Cutting Edge Ladies Salon
- Cutting edge ladies salon
- Cutting Edge Wellness Spa
- Damas – Jewellery and watches.
- Dear Barber - Barbers.
- Decathlon – Sports store.
- Deichmann – Footwear.
- DHL – Courier.
- Dollar Plus – Discount store offering a wide range of products (household, kitchenware, stationery, health and beauty etc.).
- Dr Nutrition - Sports nutrition, slimming products, organic food, vitamins, etc.
- Drive Dubai - Driving school.
- du – Telecommunications.
- Dubai Islamic Bank – Bank branch.
- Dubai Optical – Opticians.
- Emax – Electronics store.
- E-City – Electronics.
- Emirates Islamic Bank – Bank branch.
- Emirates NBD – Bank branch.
- Eros – Electronics, IT, and appliances.
- Etisalat – Telecommunications.
- Eyewa - Eyewear store.
- Fitness First – Gym.
- Flying Tiger Copenhagen
- Foot Locker – Sneakers and sportswear.
- Forever 21 – Fashion.
- Frame Optics
- G-Shock – Watches.
- Galadari Motor Driving Centre – Driving lessons.
- Gant – Casual clothes for men and women.
- Gentle Park – Menswear.
- Giordano – Fashion.
- Glam Beaute - Beauty salon.
- Good Health Nutrition – Food supplements, vitamins etc.
- Goodyear Autocare - Car maintenance and servicing.
- Goyals - School supplies.
- Grand Lucky - Jewellery.
- Groomen Barbershop
- H&M – Fashion for men, women, and children.
- H&M Home
- Hairworks – Women’s hair and beauty salon.
- HEMA – Dutch discount homeware store.
- His and Hers - Designer comfort clothing.
- Home Box – Furniture and home products.
- Homes for Less - Furniture and home accessories.
- Homes r Us – Furniture and home decor.
- Hour Choice – Watches.
- Ibn Battuta Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Image Arts – Photo printing, frames, passport pictures, photo gifts etc.
- Impressions – Footwear.
- iStyle – Apple store.
- Jawhara Jewellery
- Jockey – Underwear for women and men.
- J.S. Music – Musical instruments.
- Jumeirah International Nurseries
- Just Accessories – Bags, jewellery, watches etc.
- Just Optic – Eyewear.
- Kani Home – Arabic womenswear, rugs and carpets, and home decor.
- Kashmiri Honey - Honey..
- Kiabi - French fashion brand that offers affordable, stylish clothing for the whole family.
- KIKO Milano
- King Koil – Mattresses, mattress protectors, duvets, pillows etc.
- Koton – Fashion.
- La Senza – Lingerie, underwear, nightwear, and swimwear.
- La Vie en Rose – Canadian lingerie, sleepwear, and beachwear.
- LC Waikiki – Fashion.
- Lenskart - Eyewear.
- Levantino - Fashion.
- Levi's - Leading denim brand.
- Life Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Life Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Lifestyle Fine Jewellery
- Lily Beauty - Beauty salon.
- LM Exchange – Foreign currency exchange and money transfers.
- Lovisa – Jewellery and accessories.
- Lush – Soaps, bath and body products, cosmetics etc.
- Magrabi Optical – Eyewear.
- Marks & Spencer – Department store.
- Max – Value fashion.
- Medical Examination Centre
- Mediclinic Ibn Battuta – Health clinic.
- Miniso – Japanese concept store offering a range of products including household items, kitchenware, gift, bags, fashion accessories etc.
- Minutes - Specialises in repairing watches, mobile phones, laptops, shoes, and bags.
- Mirrors Beauty Lounge
- MMI – Alcohol store (alcohol licence required for purchases).
- Montblanc – Luxury writing instruments, watches, wallets, belts, travel accessories, and fragrances.
- Mumuso - Mumuso is a Korean-based retailer that offers a wide range of affordable and stylish items, from clothes and accessories to home decor and beauty products.
- Muy Mucho – Home decor.
- My Toys - Toys and gadgets.
- My Vapery - Vape store.
- N.Bar – Manicures, pedicures etc.
- New Yorker – Casualwear.
- Nike – Sportswear.
- Onezone - Variety store.
- OVS - Fashion.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Photo Magic – Photo printing, frames etc.
- Pierre Cardin – Designer clothes and accessories.
- Police – Sunglasses and accessories.
- R&B - Quality clothing at affordable prices.
- Redtag – Fashion and home products.
- RedTape - Footwear.
- Reebok – Sportswear.
- Rituals – Cosmetics, body care products, home fragrances, candles etc.
- Rivoli – Watches.
- Rivoli Eyezone – Designer frames and sunglasses.
- Royal Fashion - Tailors.
- Sacoor Brothers – Fashion for men and women.
- Samsonite – Bags, suitcases, and travel products.
- Samsung – TVs, mobile telephones, cameras, IT, and home appliances.
- Sell Your Motors - Offers a quick and easy way to sell your car.
- Sephora – Cosmetics, skin care, perfume, hair products etc.
- Sharaf DG – Electronics and IT.
- Sharaf DG 4U – Electronics and IT.
- Sharaf Exchange – Money transfers and foreign currency exchange.
- Simply Kitchen
- Skechers – Footwear.
- Smart Corner - Repairs watches, mobile phones, laptops, etc.
- Smoker's Centre – Cigarettes, tobacco, cigars, and smoking accessories (pipes, cigarette holders etc.).
- Sports Market - Sells popular brands of lifestyle and sports clothing, equipment, and accessories.
- Sun & Sand Sports – Sportswear and sports equipment.
- Super Care Pharmacy – Pharmacy.
- Super Trim – Men’s hair salon.
- Swarovski – Crystal jewellery, watches, accessories, figurines, ornaments etc.
- Swatch – Watches.
- Swiss Arabian – Fragrances.
- T-shirt Factory - Custom t-shirts.
- Technology People - Provides software solutions for businesses.
- The Body Shop – Ethically-produced cosmetics, fragrances, hair products, body lotions and scrubs, toiletries etc.
- The Children’s Place – Kid’s clothes and accessories.
- The Custom Shop – Men’s tailors.
- The Face Shop – Korean store offering cosmetics, skin and body care products, hair products etc.
- The Home
- The Little Gym – Children’s gym.
- The Mattress Store – Mattresses and bedding.
- The Nail Spa – Manicures, pedicures, waxing, threading etc.
- The Turkish Touch
- The Warehouse Gym
- Thomsun Pure Music – Musical instruments.
- Thrifty – Car rentals.
- Timberland – Footwear, clothing, and accessories.
- Tommy Hilfiger – Fashion.
- Toys For Less - Outlet toy store.
- Toy Station - Toy shop that focuses on safe and entertaining toys for children of all ages.
- Typo – Gifts, stationery, and art.
- United Furniture – Furniture and home decor.
- U.S. Polo Assn. – Polo-inspired fashion.
- Virgin Megastore – DVDs, CDs, games consoles and games, electronics, books, stationery, fashion, and concert tickets.
- Virgin Mobile
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- Wrangler – Fashion.
- Z Games
Carrefour is a large French hypermarket that occupies much of Tunisia Court. It is known for its cheap prices and wide selection of groceries, as well as household goods, home appliances, clothing, and electronics.
Max is a one-stop shop for affordable fashion, shoes, accessories, and home products. The store offers a wide variety of styles for the entire family, making it easy to find something for everyone. In addition, Max regularly runs sales and promotions, making it even easier to save on your purchase. Whether you’re looking for a new outfit for work or a complete wardrobe for your family, Max is the perfect place to start your search.
Switch Bowling at India Court is the perfect place to enjoy a night out with friends or family. The tenpin bowling centre offers 12 fully automated lanes, as well as a pool hall, restaurant, and karaoke rooms.
Novo Cinemas Ibn Battuta Mall is a state-of-the-art cinema at China Court. It offers 21 screens including an IMAX theatre and VIP theatres. The IMAX theatre offers a superior movie-watching experience, with its large screen and surround sound. The VIP theatres are perfect for those who want to enjoy a luxurious movie experience, with comfortable reclining chairs and access to a private lounge.
Tunisia Court is home to Fun City, a popular destination for families with young children. Fun City offers a multi-level soft play area with a giant slide and ball pool, as well as a variety of fairground rides, video games, and games of skill. With its wide range of activities and facilities, Fun City is the perfect place to celebrate a birthday or have a fun-filled day out with the family.
Restaurants and Food Court
Ibn Battuta Mall is a great place to eat and drink, with two food courts and a variety of sit-down restaurants.
One food court is located in Persia Court near the Dubai Metro entrance. The other is in Tunisia Court, next to Carrefour.
Most of the sit-down restaurants are in China Court, close to the cinema. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, Ibn Battuta Mall has something to offer everyone.
Places to eat and drink at the Ibn Battuta Mall are listed below.
- Alpys Cafe - International.
- Al Safeer (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Arabic.
- Automatic (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Lebanese.
- Barbeque Delights - Indian/Pakistani restaurant.
- Baskin Robbins – Desserts and ice cream.
- Bombay Chowpatty (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Indian.
- Bubee Drinks (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Bubble tea.
- Cafe Barbera - Coffeehouse.
- Caffe Divino
- Charleys (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Grilled subs and Philly steaks.
- Chicken Shack
- Chicking (Food Court, Persia Court) - Fried chicken.
- Chinese Palace (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Chinese.
- Cinnabon – Cinnamon rolls.
- Cold Stone - Ice cream and desserts.
- Costa Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- Coterie Social and Kitchen
- Debonairs Pizza
- Dunkin’ - Doughnuts.
- Gazebo - Indian restaurant.
- Gloria Jean’s Coffees – Coffee, tea, cakes, muffins, sandwiches, wraps, and salads.
- Hadoota Masreya
- Happy Lemon
- Hardee’s (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Burgers.
- Hatam – Persian restaurant.
- Ichikura – Japanese.
- illy Caffe
- India Palace – Indian restaurant.
- Island Tea (Food Court, Persia Court) - Bubble tea.
- Jamaica Blue - Coffeehouse.
- Jollibee (Food Court, Persia Court) - Burgers and chicken burgers.
- Kahve Dunyasi - Turkish.
- KFC (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Fried chicken.
- Khau Galli (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Indian.
- Koryo (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Korean.
- Krispy Kreme (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Doughnuts.
- Latea - Fruit tea.
- Macao Imperial Tea
- Madam Pho
- Manila Street Foods (Food Court, Persia Court) - Filipino.
- McDonald’s (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Burgers and fries.
- Mistica - Cafe and shisha.
- Nando’s (China Court) – Portuguese restaurant known for its peri-peri chicken.
- Noon & Kabab (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Iranian.
- Off the Hook - Seafood restaurant.
- Ormado Kaffeehaus
- Papa John’s Pizza (Food Court, Persia Court) - Pizza.
- Papparoti - Coated buns.
- Paul – French cafe and bakery.
- Pizza Express – Pizzeria.
- Pizza Hut
- Potato Corner
- Pushkin (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Russian.
- Razon's (Food Court, Persia Court) - Filipino.
- Royal Orchid Restaurant - Thai/Asian restaurant.
- Shakespeare & Co. – Cafe offering breakfast, eggs, crepes, salads, burgers, pasta, sandwiches, healthy mains, and desserts.
- Shakeys (Food Court, Persia Court) - Pizzas.
- Sizzlin' Steak
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse. Several outlets.
- Sushi Your Way (Food Court, Persia Court) - Sushi.
- TGI Fridays – American restaurant. Menu includes burgers, steaks and ribs, Tex-Mex, seafood, chicken dishes, and pasta.
- Tapa King (Food Court, Persia Court) - Filipino.
- Taza (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Chicken.
- Thaifoon (Food Court, Tunisia Court) - Thai.
- The Qasab - Turkish restaurant.
- Tim Horton's - Coffee and baked goods.
- Tony Roma’s – American restaurant. Menu includes steaks, ribs, burgers, seafood, and chicken dishes.
- Umami (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Japanese.
- Verdura - Mediterranean restaurant.
- Wendy’s (Food Court, Tunisia Court) – Burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, and fries.
- Xenia – Cafe offering Middle Eastern cuisine. Boasts a very pleasant outdoor terrace.
- Yakitate - Japanese cafe.
The mall is divided into six court sections, each of which reflects the architecture and culture of a different region visited by Ibn Battuta during his travels.
Areas of the mall are China Court, India Court, Persia Court, Egypt Court, Tunisia Court, and Andalusia Court.
China Court is a beautifully designed area that reflects the grandeur of Imperial China.
The spacious collonaded hall is lined with red marble columns and decorated with large dragon medallions.
The centrepiece is a life-size replica of a Chinese junk, similar to one that the explorer would have travelled in.
In addition to the cinema, many of the mall’s restaurants are located in China Court.
Whether you’re looking to catch a movie or grab a bite to eat, China Court is worth a visit.
India Court is an impressive display of Indo-Islamic architecture. The white marble walls are decorated with intricate patterns, and the large central dome is reminiscent of the Taj Mahal.
Inside the court, visitors can find replicas of 12th-century clocks by Ismail al-Jazari, an engineer from Mesopotamia, widely regarded as the father of robotics.
These beautiful clocks are a testament to al-Jazari’s skill as an engineer, and they provide a fascinating glimpse into the history of clockmaking. They feature in his famous Book of Knowledge of Ingenious Mechanical Devices along with other inventions such as a robotic band and an automated drinks waitress.
The Elephant Clock was designed in the shape of an elephant, with a concealed water reservoir and a figure of a rider on its back. The clock had several moving parts that worked together to mark every half-hour. An explanation of how the Elephant Clock functions can be found on Google Arts & Culture.
A replica of his Castle Clock can also be found in India Court. This complex device is considered to be one of the earliest forms of a programmable computer.
Persia Court lies at the centre of the mall. An enormous dome, adorned with a beautiful brass chandelier, is the centrepiece of this area.
The walkways are lined with intricate blue mosaics, and the overall effect is one of grandeur and luxury.
Persia Court is home to a food court offering a variety of international cuisines, as well as the walkway to the Ibn Battuta Metro Station.
The large hall at Egypt Court is modelled after an Egyptian bazaar. The hall is lined with papyrus columns and bronze lanterns, and its facades are broken by latticed arches. Its heavy wood-framed ceiling gives the space a sense of weight and grandeur.
Tunisia Court at Ibn Battuta Mall is an enchanting space inspired by the coastal towns of Tunisia.
The beautiful ceiling depicts the blue skies and fluffy clouds of a summer day, giving the impression of being outdoors even when inside.
There’s a food court here. Outlets are housed in white and blue villas, adding to the surreal and magical atmosphere.
The walls of Andalusia Court are inspired by the prayer hall at the Grand Mosque of Cordoba. They feature a two-tiered system of arches built of alternating red and white stones.
The beautiful fountain at the centre of this area is based on the one in the Court Of Lions at Alhambra.
The Ibn Battuta Mall is open 7 days a week.
Store opening times from Sunday to Thursday are 10 am until 10 pm. Timings on Friday and Saturday are 10 am to midnight.
The mall is located at The Gardens, between Interchanges 5 and 6 of Sheikh Zayed Road. The car parks have spaces for more than 5,000 vehicles. Valet parking is available.
Taxi drivers should have no problems finding the Ibn Battuta Mall. Pick-up points can be found all around the mall.
Ibn Battuta Bus Station is also here. Bus services include Dubai Metro feeder services:
- F42 – Discovery Gardens
- F44 – Energy Metro Station and Jebal Ali Gardens
- F46 – Dubai Investments Park and Dubai Investment Park Metro Station
- F55 – Al Maktoum International Airport (Dubai World Central)
The 8 bus service from Al Baraha Bus Station terminates at Ibn Battuta Bus Station. Stops on its route include Gold Souq Bus Station (Deira), Al Ghubaiba Bus Station (Bur Dubai), Mercato Mall, Madinat Jumeirah, and Jumeirah Beach Residence.
The intercity bus service to Abu Dhabi also departs from here.
The Ibn Battuta Mall offers a wide range of services to make your shopping experience more convenient. Toilets and baby changing facilities are located throughout the mall.
You can also find ATMs and banks throughout the mall if you need to withdraw cash or exchange currency.
The mall also has prayer rooms and an information desk where you can get directions or ask questions.
Nakheel is a large property developer based in Dubai. The company owns and operates many shopping malls in the city, including Ibn Battuta Mall, Dragon Mart, Nakheel Mall, Golden Mile Galleria, and The Pointe.
Nakheel is best known for its involvement in the development of the Palm Jumeirah, an artificial island in the shape of a palm tree.