The park covers an area of around 20 hectares. An artificial lake lies at the centre and takes up much of the park.
The main entrance lies at the northern end of the park. There’s a concession here renting bikes of various types (single, twin, family) and another where boats can be hired (self-propelled and solar powered). There’s also a kiosk selling snacks, drinks, and ice cream.
Sports facilities can be found at the north-eastern corner of the park. They include tennis courts, football pitches, and a basketball court.
At the north-western corner there’s a children’s play area. It offers a decent selection of equipment, a soft sand surface, and plenty of shading.
Separate cycling and jogging tracks run around the perimeter of the park. Both are well maintained. There’s a path for walkers around the edge of the lake with plenty of benches and shaded areas. The park also boasts a small outdoor gym.
Unlike some municipal parks in Dubai, there’s no entrance fee at Al Barsha Pond Park.
The park is open every day of the week. Opening times are 8 am to 11 pm on weekdays, and 8 am to 11.30 pm on weekends (Friday and Saturday in Dubai). On public holidays the park is open until midnight.
Feeder bus F33 departs from Mall of the Emirates Bus Station and stops on the western side of the park. The journey takes about 15 minutes.
Car parks are located to the north and south of the park. Parking is free.
Places to shop near Al Barsha Pond Park include:
- Al Barsha Mall (0.3 miles) - Community shopping mall in Al Barsha.
Hotels near Al Barsha Pond Park include:
- Grandeur Hotel Al Barsha (0.5 miles)
- Grand Excelsior Hotel Al Barsha (0.6 miles)
- Al Khoory Atrium (0.7 miles)
- MENA Plaza Hotel Albarsha (0.7 miles)
- Elite Byblos Hotel (0.7 miles)
- Centro Barsha - by Rotana (0.9 miles)
- Citymax Hotel Al Barsha at the Mall (0.9 miles)
- Millennium Al Barsha (0.9 miles)
- Hampton By Hilton Dubai Al Barsha (0.9 miles)
Map showing location of Al Barsha Pond Park.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Al Barsha Pond Park
United Arab Emirates